Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Paul Alexander reportedly out.
(01-03-2018, 04:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: How yall going to abandon me at Vikings headquarters and speed back home. So easily sold.....

This is good news tho.

I'm still leaning purple, and will go ahead and make them my NFC team.......what continues to develop will determine who I would root for in a head to head matchup.....and if I'd root for Cincy at all as long as Mike is still kicking.

(01-03-2018, 04:24 PM)McC Wrote: My hope is that it will be possible to Marv proof the team to  a place that it will be too good for Marv to **** up.  We were almost there in 2015.

We were just discussing that too......2015 was damn near Merv proofed.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gotta know, how did he get the nickname Piano Man?
Reply/Quote
Better late than never, as the old adage declares. The line desperately needed a breath of fresh air, as the stench of Alexander had permeated the entire offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:29 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Gotta know, how did he get the nickname Piano Man?

Fred's long gone (I think). Too bad. He'd love to explain.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
"He coached two of the best over the last two decades in Willie Anderson and Andrew Whitworth"

LOL. Willie and Whit would've been just fine without any coaching. I know nothing about the intricacies of line play and I could've coached those guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:33 PM)Striper Wrote: "He coached two of the best over the last two decades in Willie Anderson and Andrew Whitworth"

LOL. Willie and Whit would've been just fine without any coaching. I know nothing about the intricacies of line play and I could've coached those guys.

What an empty quote.

I could coach AJ Green and he'd still be a HOFer. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....was just discussing this at work.  Really, if you look at it, all you really need to make a noticeable difference is a LT.  I'm horrible with names anymore, but Westerman or Redmond has played C.  You may have at least a serviceable C there.  The other can play RG, Boling back to LG, and Dre/Fish/Winston can handle one more year at RT if Fish can return.....even if he can't they *should* be able to be a stop gap combo that doesn't completely derail your season.  It's patchwork, but could work, especially given that we would now most likely have an NFL caliber position coach.  

Now draft for Oline, get Oline in FA, and within a year, you could have a stellar unit, while fixing defensive holes at the same time, because at least for now, your oline can at least compete against Div 1A NCAA teams instead of the NAIA shit we've trotted out there for 2 years.  If you don't get a QB to groom this season, you have a couple years to do so, or get one early to compete day 1 while being competitive.

Of course, Mike Clown still lives, and Mediocre Merv gon' mediocre.......but there for a minute, you could almost see a real football organization on the horizon. LMAO
I'm just guessing here, but maybe Lazor had his imput on firing PA.  Maybe told Merv, you want me to make this offense dynamic, give me the line I want and fire Alexander?  Merv did say he was letting his coordinators have a voice in his position coaches. 
Damnit guys, you all went and made me feel optimistic again.... Smack
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:29 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Gotta know, how did he get the nickname Piano Man?

he is a concert penis
Reply/Quote

http://www.perform-coach.com/coach-al.html

Enjoy..... :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If you looked at the pics of our coaching staff, nearly all looked like nerdy, girlie men. They need to hire some hardasses. Does this also give Marvin the excuse to stick with the same Tackles and Center now? Don’t be surprised.
Reply/Quote
Wonder what the tipping point was to finally get rid of him.

Did he get too heavy to weigh at the stadium? Break one too many chairs in his office?

Couldn't have been his own personal torpedoing of two seasons in a row or how much better the line performed once a different blocking scheme was used?

What an indictment of his awfulness it was that he had better guys on the bench but didn't use them until he was forced to and it was already too late.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnFJCfA4L9k
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I told you so.
Reply/Quote

now the posts will start appearing that we are SB bound in 2018... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:44 PM)McC Wrote: Wonder what the tipping point was to finally get rid of him.

Did he get too heavy to weigh at the stadium?  Break one too many chairs in his office?

Couldn't have been his own personal torpedoing of two seasons in a row or how much better the line performed once a different blocking scheme was used?  

What  an indictment of his awfulness it was that he had better guys on the bench but didn't use them until he was forced to and it was already too late.

Like I said earlier, I think Lazor had a hand in giving him the boot. Can't have a dynamic offense when your QB is buried under 1200 lbs of men or your RB fighting the DL for the handoff...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:47 PM)GodFather Wrote: 3...2...1....

13-3 next year..... take it to the bank. Rock On Rock On Rock On
Reply/Quote

Impossible while Bodine is still out there to potentially return to the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Well won't we be...? Ninja
Reply/Quote
You know..its possible that Bodine is actually a pretty good center, but has been coached TERRIBLY. Perhaps a different coach can turn him into a great one.. I don't know.. We'll see.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: You know..its possible that Bodine is actually a pretty good center, but has been coached TERRIBLY. Perhaps a different coach can turn him into a great one.. I don't know.. We'll see.  

No no no.. That mofo needs to go.
Reply/Quote