Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These next four games..
(11-17-2020, 01:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, not much to be excited about on defense outside of Bates.

I can't take the 5 defenders having a shot at the RB in the backfield and he still gains 8 yards, the WR's running wide open nobody within 10 yards of em, the constant 3rd and 15 conversions the opposition makes. The 30 seconds until the half and we go soft ass zone no pressure and assure a score.

Drives me nucking futs. Gaah
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:24 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can't take the 5 defenders having a shot at the RB in the backfield and he still gains 8 yards, the WR's running wide open nobody within 10 yards of em, the constant 3rd and 15 conversions the opposition makes. The 30 seconds until the half and we go soft ass zone no pressure and assure a score.

Drives me nucking futs. Gaah

The WR’s constantly running wide open is really infuriating, as we seem to never have that with our guys. I was shocked when I saw Tee so open on that 54 yarder Sunday. Lol

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is hilarious. Didn’t you get on people for years over only worrying about playoffs wins? And constantly go on about how all games matter...

Except I was never impressed with wins over losing teams.

What I was talking about was big wins against playoff teams and teams with winning records.  During the Lewis era only 5 teams had more wins against teams that finished with winning records than the Bengals.  Too many people used to claim that none of those mattered.

But now apparently the same guys who used to claim that making the playoffs did not matter are getting excited about the prospect of beating a few 3 win teams over the final half of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The WR’s constantly running wide open is really infuriating, as we seem to never have that with our guys. I was shocked when I saw Tee so open on that 54 yarder Sunday. Lol

yea this defense is lost. It'll take at least another year or two after Lou is fired this offseason to really fix it
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There really is no point in watching once the Bengals are realistically eliminated from playoffs.
That's when I quit consistently watching anyway.

And for me, that time has already come, as the Bengals are likely going to have a losing record yet again.

I've seen enough of Burrow and Higgins this year to like them for 2021. There really isn't else I'm unsure of at this point.

So... what you're saying is you are a definition band wagon fan then?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So... what you're saying is you are a definition band wagon fan then?

Nobody that follows the Cincinnati Bengals is a bandwagon fan. Lol

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nobody that follows the Cincinnati Bengals is a bandwagon fan. Lol

Well, if you look up the definition, it's pretty much just what he said. Cheer for a team only as long as they have a chance at the playoffs, then turn it off. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So... what you're saying is you are a definition band wagon fan then?

Depending on your definition, possibly.

I grew up playing and watching hockey. My father watched the Bengals, but I really didn't have an interest in football growing up.
It wasn't until the Bengals made it to the playoffs in 2005 that I started watching.
And I've stuck with them since that point.

But now that I live out of state, I don't get the games on local television.
I'll watch them if they happen to be on, but I'm not going to go out of my way to spend money to watch them once I think they don't have a chance at the playoffs.

But what I consider a bandwagon fan is someone who changes their favorite team to whoever is winning the most at the time.
I haven't changed my team in 15+ years, I just chose to stop watching at a certain point in the season once it wasn't entertaining to me anymore.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:02 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Depending on your definition, possibly.

I grew up playing and watching hockey. My father watched the Bengals, but I really didn't have an interest in football growing up.
It wasn't until the Bengals made it to the playoffs in 2005 that I started watching.

I'll watch them if they happen to be on, but I'm not going to go out of my way to spend money to watch them once I think they don't have a chance at the playoffs.

But what I consider a bandwagon fan is someone who changes their favorite team to whoever is winning the most at the time.
I haven't changed my team in 15+ years, I just chose to stop watching at a certain point in the season once it wasn't entertaining to me anymore.

I watch through all games, personally, but this is a good honest answer.
Reply/Quote
In my opinion, ZT needs to go 4-0 to save his job. His performances against Baltimore and Pittsburgh were so bad, he needs to show that it wasn't his playcalling that was wrong but just they are truly elite defenses that Burrow will learn to handle better as he ages.

If he goes 3-1, maybe he gets fired, maybe he doesn't.

If he goes 2-2 or worse, I say can him the second that second loss occurs.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:02 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: These next four games are going to be crucial and tell us a lot about where we are. We have 3 games against teams that are on par with us record wise in the WFT, Giants, and Cowboys. We have a game against Dolphins, and while they are 6-3, they aren't the Pitt or Ravens of the world. If we finish with at least 3 wins, thats gives us 3 more games to get to 6 wins on the season. I think most people here predicted somewhere  around 6 wins.

If we finish with less than 6 wins it will suck because not only wil it feel like very little progress, but we will still be stuck with ZT as I do not see this team getting rid of him, short of a complete implosion.

So far we've played 3 teams with a losing record. We are 1-1-1. We get 3 more out of the next four. 

If we win 3 or 4 of those, and compete well/steal one against Pitt/Balt, then I say we are on the right track. Anything less is time to move on.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've really enjoyed watching Burrow, for the most part. I usually go fill up my drink or hit bathroom when D takes the field, lol.

Same...lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Please. Bengals win one more game and Mikey will extend ZT’s contract. We all know Taylor will
Be the coach next season.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:02 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Depending on your definition, possibly.

Fair enough... 
Reply/Quote
We need to go 3-1 the next 4 games, no reason we cant beat Washington, the New York Football Giants and the Cowboys. The Dolphins are good and that will be a tough game.
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've really enjoyed watching Burrow, for the most part. I usually go fill up my drink or hit bathroom when D takes the field, lol.
Glad to hear I am not the only one that gets the squirts when the D comes on the field!
Reply/Quote