Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These next four games..
These next four games are going to be crucial and tell us a lot about where we are. We have 3 games against teams that are on par with us record wise in the WFT, Giants, and Cowboys. We have a game against Dolphins, and while they are 6-3, they aren't the Pitt or Ravens of the world. If we finish with at least 3 wins, thats gives us 3 more games to get to 6 wins on the season. I think most people here predicted somewhere  around 6 wins.

If we finish with less than 6 wins it will suck because not only wil it feel like very little progress, but we will still be stuck with ZT as I do not see this team getting rid of him, short of a complete implosion.

So far we've played 3 teams with a losing record. We are 1-1-1. We get 3 more out of the next four. 
Reply/Quote
To me beating other horrible teams does not prove anything.

The win over the Titans was nice, but even if we finish with 5 wins and a tie against these 6 teams I won't be impressed.

Phi...3-5-1
Jax...1-8-0
Was...2-7-0
NYG...3-7-0
Dal...2-7-0
Hou...2-7-0

Plus we have already lost to the 2-7 Chargers.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me beating other horrible teams does not prove anything.

The win over the Titans was nice, but even if we finish with 5 wins and a tie against these 6 teams I won't be impressed.

Phi...3-5-1
Jax...1-8-0
Was...2-7-0
NYG...3-7-0
Dal...2-7-0
Hou...2-7-0

Your good impression isn't what I was looking for. We were 2-6 vs teams with a losing record last year. If we can finished 4-1-1 this year, thats a big step. If would be nice if we could steal another 1 or 2 wins against a team with a winning record but I'm looking for gradual increase. Its obviously not happening overnight. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me beating other horrible teams does not prove anything.

Phi...3-5-1
Jax...1-8-0
Was...2-7-0
NYG...3-7-0
Dal...2-7-0
Hou...2-7-0

These games actually speak volumes to me.  This team should be sitting on six wins right now (SD, Phi, Jax, Ind, Cle, Ten).  Couple that with only three wins out of the last seven and you have a winning season.  That's what progress would have looked like and easily could have looked like in year two under Taylor.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:36 PM)MickMack Wrote: These games actually speak volumes to me.  This team should be sitting on six wins right now (SD, Phi, Jax, Ind, Cle, Ten).  Couple that with only three wins out of the last seven and you have a winning season.  That's what progress would have looked like and easily could have looked like in year two under Taylor.  

I would also include Burrow 1st year as franchise QB.. he needs to show progress as teams adjust to him on tape.  It is one thing to look bad with Ravens and Steelers.. another to not excel much against the likes of Washington, Giants and Cowboys. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In my opinion Zac needs to win 3 of the next 4 and put together a good enough game plan to make it a close game against the Ravens and Steelers.

We need to hold our coaches responsible.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would also include Burrow 1st year as franchise QB.. he needs to show progress as teams adjust to him on tape.  It is one thing to  look bad with Ravens and Steelers.. another to not excel much against the likes of Washington, Giants and Cowboys. 

I think Washington's pass rush will give Burrow fits.  
Reply/Quote

Phi...3-5-1
Jax...1-8-0
Was...2-7-0
NYG...3-7-0
Dal...2-7-0
Hou...2-7-0

Absolutely!

Beating the some bottom feeders and losing to some other bottom feeders merely proves the Bengals are right there in the bottom feeder mix and haven't risen to being mediocre.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Absolutely!

Beating the some bottom feeders and losing to some other bottom feeders merely proves the Bengals are right there in the bottom feeder mix and haven't risen to being mediocre.

Guess there's no point in watching the rest of the season then.. call it.. onto 2021.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Guess there's no point in watching the rest of the season then.. call it.. onto 2021.

Not sure what you are talking about.  Maybe you need to look at the rest of our schedule.  We still play some good teams this season.
Reply/Quote
Taylor needs 4 wins over the next 7 games to justify keeping his job IMO.
The only teams the Bengals should realistically lose to are PIT, BAL, and MIA.

Anarumo needs to keep all those same teams under 24 points as well for him to keep his job.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Guess there's no point in watching the rest of the season then.. call it.. onto 2021.

There really is no point in watching once the Bengals are realistically eliminated from playoffs.
That's when I quit consistently watching anyway.

And for me, that time has already come, as the Bengals are likely going to have a losing record yet again.

I've seen enough of Burrow and Higgins this year to like them for 2021. There really isn't anything else I'm unsure of at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Now is an excellent time to start watching some of the assistants around the league to see who might be a good HC candidate for the Bengals to hire next season. Taylor is done.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:16 PM)MickMack Wrote: I think Washington's pass rush will give Burrow fits.  

maybe but I think Burrow knows he has to do better at getting rid of ball.. i see a better game coming against Washington. The area where i see he needs real improvement is actually throwing rolling out and on the run.. He had it too easy at LSU.. he is going to have to adjust to the NFL now
Reply/Quote

Phi...3-5-1
Jax...1-8-0
Was...2-7-0
NYG...3-7-0
Dal...2-7-0
Hou...2-7-0

This is hilarious. Didn’t you get on people for years over only worrying about playoffs wins? And constantly go on about how all games matter...

Reply/Quote
Ida know, sad as it is ZT actually beating a handful of awful teams would be an improvement.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is hilarious. Didn’t you get on people for years over only worrying about playoffs wins? And constantly go on about how all games matter...

All games matter when you're defending Marvin, get with the program already Dancing
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There really is no point in watching once the Bengals are realistically eliminated from playoffs.
That's when I quit consistently watching anyway.

And for me, that time has already come, as the Bengals are likely going to have a losing record yet again.

I've seen enough of Burrow and Higgins this year to like them for 2021. There really isn't else I'm unsure of at this point.

C'mon Ocho; don't you want to see Burrow, Higgins, Boyd and some other young guys do their thing for the rest of the year?

There's a lot to like about the young guys and their progression, not to mention every game this season has been a great game to watch football-wise, outside of Bmore and the Stoolers.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 12:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: C'mon Ocho; don't you want to see Burrow, Higgins, Boyd and some other young guys do their thing for the rest of the year?

There's a lot to like about the young guys and their progression, not to mention every game this season has been a great game to watch football-wise, outside of Bmore and the Stoolers.

I've really enjoyed watching Burrow, for the most part. I usually go fill up my drink or hit bathroom when D takes the field, lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've really enjoyed watching Burrow, for the most part. I usually go fill up my drink or hit bathroom when D takes the field, lol.

Yeah, not much to be excited about on defense outside of Bates.

Reply/Quote