Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-28-2016, 08:30 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: would you rather him curl up in fetal position? I've seen Pitt bust in the mouth and bully us too much. Glad we have an enforcer don't lose your edge vontaze, bust them in mouth every chance you get. I'm pissed not so much mad at Burfict as I am at pac man for letting porter bait him in. Where's the penalty for his ass being on the field? The hit n gio didnt draw penalty . I bet AB will be thinking next time he crosses up the middle. Love vontazes intense play just rope it in a little and lead these boys to a ship. Any team in the league would give their right nut to have Burfict, leading their backers. Put him in steelers uniform and he's a hard nose player, but wearing the stripes he a thug.  Get use to it NFL Rock On

You are completely missing the point. Of course us bengals fans dont want him to curl up in a fetal position. But us bengals fans are NOT the one that suspended him!! The NFL is the one who suspended him. The NFL would of loved for him to lay down in a fetal position.

You're thinking in a fan perspective instead of looking at it from the NFLs point of view
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Instead oif dipping his shoulder to hit Brown just twist his body in the other direction.

Two guys running into each other doesn't draw a flag.  One guy dipping his shoulder to hit a defensless receiver does.

I see where the confusion is.  Not many people are arguing that the play shouldn't have drawn the penalty.  The argument is simply the play is not the butcher job it is being portrayed as, and does not warrant a 3 game suspension.  The actual time from the ball goes off of Browns hands, in relation to the contact made by Burfict is less than 3 tenths of a second.  There is NO way for Burfict to make the determination that the ball was not going to be caught until the ball hit's Browns hands and goes off of them.  As the evidence shows, contact was made with Brown with the ball just 4-5 yards past Brown, and Brown's second foot barely makes contact with the ground.  Less than 3 tenths of a second. 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 02:55 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: I see where the confusion is.  Not many people are arguing that the play shouldn't have drawn the penalty.  The argument is simply the play is not the butcher job it is being portrayed as, and does not warrant a 3 game suspension.  The actual time from the ball goes off of Browns hands, in relation to the contact made by Burfict is less than 3 tenths of a second.  There is NO way for Burfict to make the determination that the ball was not going to be caught until the ball hit's Browns hands and goes off of them.  As the evidence shows, contact was made with Brown with the ball just 4-5 yards past Brown, and Brown's second foot barely makes contact with the ground.  Less than 3 tenths of a second. 

Exactly.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 02:55 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: I see where the confusion is.  Not many people are arguing that the play shouldn't have drawn the penalty.  The argument is simply the play is not the butcher job it is being portrayed as, and does not warrant a 3 game suspension.  The actual time from the ball goes off of Browns hands, in relation to the contact made by Burfict is less than 3 tenths of a second.  There is NO way for Burfict to make the determination that the ball was not going to be caught until the ball hit's Browns hands and goes off of them.  As the evidence shows, contact was made with Brown with the ball just 4-5 yards past Brown, and Brown's second foot barely makes contact with the ground.  Less than 3 tenths of a second. 

I see where the confusion is. Vontaze Burfict was not only suspended 3 games for that hit, but for repeated violations.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Instead oif dipping his shoulder to hit Brown just twist his body in the other direction.

Two guys running into each other doesn't draw a flag.  One guy dipping his shoulder to hit a defensless receiver does.

Go run full speed at something start leaning forward like you are going for a tackle then have somebody throw a bowling ball at your upper torso. See if your body has any protective reflexes. Ill throw the bowling ball at you if you cant find anyone else.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 12:11 AM)Gohards Wrote: I see where the confusion is. Vontaze Burfict was not only suspended 3 games for that hit, but for repeated violations.

Yea Burfict is the only one that hits people hard. What were the repeated violations this year? The hit on the Ravens TE looked like it was within 5 yards. Contact is legal. He wasnt by definition a defenseless receiver. Guys get creamed like that every play on special teams. Defenders knock receivers off their routes all the time. Since when is it supposed to be nice going accross the middle. The BS low hit on Rottenturdgurggler? Where Burfict stumbles and is pushed? Or the ticky tack barely a push flag.

He didnt do anything ruthless after the whistle this year. The ankle twist and ball tap was last year.

Even a freaking steeler said 

"By rule as they told me when I went down to New York that is a penalty. Personally, I don't think it is because I don't think you can get out of the way fast enough," Harrison said 

A three game ban for incidental contact is the horse shit part about it. 

He got death threats. Eye gouges. Spaeth intentionally trying to take out his knee. Mauled and driven into the turf well after the whistle. And a supposed bounty put on his head. Yet he is the one who gets an unprecedented suspension after unavoidable contact. 

It is a penalty. It is not reason to slap a guy with the longest suspension ever for playing football hard. 

OBJ got a 1 game ban and he was clearly trying to injure a guy and got multiple personal fouls in the same game. You or I would have caught asault charges for what he did. He may not have the history of Burfict. But he had clear malicious intent. 
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 12:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Go run full speed at something start leaning forward like you are going for a tackle then have somebody throw a bowling ball at your upper torso. See if your body has any protective reflexes. Ill throw the bowling ball at you if you cant find anyone else.

I don't have to do this.  I have been watching football players for many many years.
Reply/Quote
This is true.
(02-29-2016, 12:11 AM)Gohards Wrote: I see where the confusion is. Vontaze Burfict was not only suspended 3 games for that hit, but for repeated violations.

This is also true. You usually want the right calls made right away. Like for example, if i were a child i wouldn't want nor understand a spanking out of the blue for something i did months ago.

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 01:45 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: This is true.

This is also true. You usually want the right calls made right away. Like for example, if i were a child i wouldn't want nor understand a spanking out of the blue for something i did months ago.

If you did something months ago, then you did it again, you should get spanked. They suspemded him for repeated violations AND the hit
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 05:36 PM)Gohards Wrote: If you did something months ago, then you did it again, you should get spanked. They suspemded him for repeated violations AND the hit
Talib has had repeated violations. Then had two personal fouls in the Super Bowl including one that was admittingly intentional where he almost broke a guys neck. No suspension. Mike Mitchell has been head hunting for years. Took AJ out of our playoff game last year and probably cost us a first round bye taking Eifert out of multiple games this year. No suspension.

James Harrison and Suh have lengthy player safety infractions. Repeated violations if you will. Think they will get suspended 3 games next time they make incidental contact? Will Mike Mitchell get suspended for his next helmet to helmet hit? 

Or are we being held to a made up different standard because we made the commissioners favorite team play a playoff game without their best player?
Reply/Quote
^yup still waiting on that Talib suspension.^
[Image: op-will-surely-deliver-lets-just-wait.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 12:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: The comment section smh. I've never seen someone hated like this before. Not Harrison, not Talib, not Suh, not Porter. Something is unnatural/unhealthy with the level of hate thrown at Burfict by fans.

But like I've been saying. Mike Brown let this happen for his complete lack of backbone to defend his organization and players when they were under national fire. That's why when the wildcard game is spoken of now, the blame goes to Burfict and Jones without a mention of the Steelers tactics. They've come out of it (even with the action of their coaches) clean as a whistle. Good work behind the scenes Rooney (and Pat Bowlen for getting Talib a fine of 26K for admitting to purposefully trying to break a guys neck). These are championship winning Owners and their ability to fight for their players reflects that no lose/championship attitude.

The wildcard game was a turning point for this franchise, and time will show if it was a good one or not. The thug and criminal narrative is back, the drafting of poor character guys narrative is back, and the outlook of the team is circa 2007.... With the rebuild underway, it'll be an interesting season.

Reminds me of Bengals fans and Mike Brown. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 03:08 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Reminds me of Bengals fans and Mike Brown. Ninja

Not sure how you can blame Bengals fans for frustration with Mike Brown, unless you just became a fan in 2011.

When Burfict does this it's malice, and proof he's a dirty player. Everyone else.... Not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFE1HlYeWc4

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 04:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure how you can blame Bengals fans for frustration with Mike Brown, unless you just became a fan in 2011.

When Burfict does this it's malice, and proof he's a dirty player. Everyone else.... Not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFE1HlYeWc4

You pointed out that some people have an unhealthy obsession with hating on Burfict I was just saying some Bengals fans are the same about Mike Brown.

Mike has done plenty to get flack in the past but you want to blame Mike Brown for the media turning the Bengals into villains? If all of the other owners are working magic "behind the scenes" then how are you aware of it? Burfict was going to get slammed as soon as he slipped up after he got put under the microscope for ankle twisting and bag tagging other players without penalty. Nothing Mike Brown would have said is going to wash off the reputation Burfict has been building. Whether he intended to be dirty or not nobody is going to give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

You give Mike Brown too much credit he's not that powerful.
Reply/Quote
No I want to blame Brown for not sticking up for the team when they were under heavy attack. But it's too late now. Poor PR, poor crisis management. But we are the joke of the league still for a reason. The narrative is lost and the team is back to being full of criminals and players drafted with bad character (even though Burfict wasn't even drafted, and we never drafted Jones). The Bengals were under national attack. The brand was under fire and being set back to 2006. Brown did nothing. But we know not much embarrasses Brown, so that's not shocking. But it is worth noting and comparing to other Owners who have come out firing when their team is under national scrutiny.

Nobody is giving him the benefit of the doubt anymore?
I just watched Duke and Guenther give a spirited defense of him at the combine. I read how Marvin was traveling to NY with him to try to fight an appeal process that took record time, along with the actual suspension that took record time. They can't do it all tho.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/01/adam-jones-rules-out-no-team-wants-a-good-chance-of-winning/
Pay attention to the comments to get an idea of how the team has lost the narrative of what happened in the wildcard game. Rarely do media outlets etc mention the Steelers tactics anymore. Just slam Burfict and Jones.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 04:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: No I want to blame Brown for not sticking up for the team when they were under heavy attack. But it's too late now. Poor PR, poor crisis management. But we are the joke of the league still for a reason.  The narrative is lost and the team is back to being full of criminals and players drafted with bad character (even though Burfict wasn't even drafted, and we never drafted Jones). The Bengals were under national attack. The brand was under fire and being set back to 2006. Brown did nothing. But we know not much embarrasses Brown, so that's not shocking. But it is worth noting and comparing to other Owners who have come out firing when their team is under national scrutiny.

Nobody is giving him the benefit of the doubt anymore?
I just watched Duke and Guenther give a spirited defense of him at the combine. I read how Marvin was traveling to NY with him to try to fight an appeal process that took record time, along with the actual suspension that took record time. They can't do it all tho.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/01/adam-jones-rules-out-no-team-wants-a-good-chance-of-winning/
Pay attention to the comments to get an idea of how the team has lost the narrative of what happened in the wildcard game. Rarely do media outlets etc mention the Steelers tactics anymore. Just slam Burfict and Jones.

I'm not debating that the narrative the game is out of whack because it is. I don't think there is anything Mike could've done to prevent this though. If the story was flipped and Jeremy Hill didn't fumble then the Bengals had won the narrative would've been similar for the Steelers. Everything is scrutinized harder in a game like that. It was chippy and ugly. The Bengals were the last team to do it that game so football fans took it and ran. It didn't help that both Burfict and Jones had well established reputations before they ever put on a Bengals uni. They both were already on thin ice.

If you read the comment section of PFT it's all a bunch of butt hurt football fans who have an agenda. You can look at all of the Bengals articles and find Steelers trolls unfairly bashing them to get under people's skin. It works both ways too. Anybody being unbiased knows both teams were in the wrong that game. I don't blame Mike for not making a statement calling out the NFL. It would've just added more fuel to the fire because the narrative was written once the game was over. He would've just been pegged as a dirty owner.

I meant to the rest of the football world when I posted nobody is going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not people that work with him and know him personally. Because that's the perspective that surrounds him to everyone else.
Reply/Quote
Ok. I have no problem with any of that.

Reply/Quote