Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paulie Guenther
(11-01-2015, 08:07 PM)WildCat Wrote: I won't be happy until the bengals win a championship. 7-0 is nice 19-0 is bettah.

I just hope you are as demanding with yourself.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:10 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: This thread is positive proof that once some people form an opinion, no amount of evidence to the contrary will dissuade them.

Your post is proof that simple people can't understand being happy with a win, but not entirely satisfied with their performance. Do you think the coaches are going to jerk the offense off in the film room while they watch this tape? They are going to get an ear full over all the miscues, as they should.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you drunk?

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:18 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I just hope you are as demanding with yourself.

I Am Not. I demand my TEAM fulfill that void for me in my absence. Keep it simple yanno?
Reply/Quote
Lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:23 PM)WildCat Wrote: I Am Not. I demand my TEAM fulfill that void for me in my absence. Keep it simple yanno?

It's too big. Noone could.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:25 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It's too big. Noone could.

LMAO you left yourself open for the "that's what she said" comment bud. I sorta trolled ya though. my bad.
Reply/Quote
After the way the Steelers scored on that first possession, I was ready to have Guenther fired right then. But, he was able to do something right as he pretty much shut them down after that.

Overall a great game by Guenther, not so great by Hue.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
whaddya suppose brady will do?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We just throttled a very good offense.

You need to be bitching about Hue instead of paulie.

(11-01-2015, 07:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   Defense played well, sans the first drive.  

Got Ben down a few times and got 3 picks...     Pauly had a great plan, we left 3 scores out there with the offensive miscues.    

Fred is right, you need a blame hue thread lol

(11-01-2015, 07:55 PM)Utts Wrote: Wow. I agree with Fred. Hugh's play calling was crap most of the day. 

I was frustrated not to see Gio out there more too, but I assume it's because they were concerned about the pass rush.

Put me on this bandwagon too.  Where the hell was #25 Hue?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:34 PM)WildCat Wrote: whaddya suppose brady will do?

Cry to Giselle 'cause we gave him a boo-boo.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You had problems with our defense? O_o

You *didn't* have a problem with allowing 6.1 yards per carry on the ground, or giving up 10/103 to a 33-year-old TE who only had 17/168 in the other SEVEN games this season?

I liked seeing Nelson hawking some balls and the Williams pick was impressive, but turnovers aside, it wasn't a pretty game. Didn't stop the run, didn't stop the TE, allowed 356 yards of offense. On average that'd be 16th in the league. There were long stretches of time when Ben had like 6-8 seconds in a clean pocket even though he was behind a Frankenstein O-Line.

The struggles of the game are definitely more on Hue/OL, but not going to pretend the defense was lights out or something.

- - - - -
That said, 7-0, Who Dey!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
again, whaddya figure tom brady does? he'll destroy this defense and i won't be ugly it'll be putrid.
Reply/Quote
One thing we still need to work on is tackling. We shouldn't need to at this point, but we do. I think the tackling was worse today than any other game this season. There were a number of whiffs out there today. We have to knock that crap off.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We just throttled a very good offense.

You need to be bitching about Hue instead of paulie.

amen Fred. Hue's calls were driving me crazy
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:57 PM)WildCat Wrote: Playing conservatively should've been Hue's gameplan not paulie's. yet it was opposite. Paulie needs to be hammered for what he has done thus far. again zimmer put this Defense together and it's being mishandled.

????  giving up 10 points to the Steelers, having three turnovers and keeping us in the game today.. you are correct he needs to be let go... GET A GRIP ON REALITY
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:58 PM)PApinhead Wrote: One thing we still need to work on is tackling.  We shouldn't need to at this point, but we do.  I think the tackling was worse today than any other game this season.  There were a number of whiffs out there today.  We have to knock that crap off.

Amen to that! The B's ALWAYS play poorly after the bye week. Thank goodness they pulled it out of the fire today. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You *didn't* have a problem with allowing 6.1 yards per carry on the ground, or giving up 10/103 to a 33-year-old TE who only had 17/168 in the other SEVEN games this season?

I liked seeing Nelson hawking some balls and the Williams pick was impressive, but turnovers aside, it wasn't a pretty game. Didn't stop the run, didn't stop the TE, allowed 356 yards of offense. On average that'd be 16th in the league. There were long stretches of time when Ben had like 6-8 seconds in a clean pocket even though he was behind a Frankenstein O-Line.

The struggles of the game are definitely more on Hue/OL, but not going to pretend the defense was lights out or something.

- - - - -
That said, 7-0, Who Dey!

They ran it even less  than us an we were shutting them down the entire day on the ground, aside from the Williams run.

Sorry, they didn't even, "bend but not break," today, they did a great job; yards mean dick if you're keeping them from scoring points and that's the most important point of any defense. D was good today.

Except for Vinnie Rey. Terrible. Absolutely terrible. That statline you threw up there of Miller? Vinnie was in coverage against him all but ONE of those catches and he allowed Spaeth to go another 4 yards forward because he's too small.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:43 PM)WildCat Wrote: again, whaddya figure tom brady does? he'll destroy this defense and i won't be ugly it'll be putrid.

We've shut down Brady before.  We can do it again.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You *didn't* have a problem with allowing 6.1 yards per carry on the ground, or giving up 10/103 to a 33-year-old TE who only had 17/168 in the other SEVEN games this season?

Well since I doubt we can hold any team to zero yards I have no problem with a TE getting a few yards on us if it means we shut down the rest of the passing game.  The Steelers only gained 240 yards on 48 passing plays.  That is playing great pass defense.  Doesn't matter if Ben had time to throw if we were shutting down his options down the field.  We held Antonie Brown to just 47 yards.

The run D gave up one long run which up set me, but other than that the Steelers gained only 61 yards on 18 carries.

And, we held them to 10 total points.

This is a defensive performance that ant team would be proud of.  I would have preferred that we did not give up one long run, but I am not going to ignore the rest of the game and cry about just one play.
Reply/Quote