Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paycor Stadium Welcome to the Jungle
(08-09-2022, 10:39 AM)GodFather Wrote: Who cares as long as it gets these guys re-signed and keeps us competitive with the other NFL teams, I could careless if they called it “Bill’s Custom Buttplug Stadium” ?

Anyone who has suffered through dealing with the effects of an off the rack buttplug wouldn't laugh at that name.  One size fits all, my ass! I'm cracking myself up here. Damn, I'm the greatest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:39 AM)GodFather Wrote: Who cares as long as it gets these guys re-signed and keeps us competitive with the other NFL teams, I could careless if they called it “Bill’s Custom Buttplug Stadium” ?

Now the line has to be drawn somewhere...If they had reached a deal with Heinz then I'd quickly become a Colts fan. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Anyone who has suffered through dealing with the effects of an off the rack buttplug wouldn't laugh at that name.  One size fits all, my ass!  I'm cracking myself up here.  Damn, I'm the greatest.

Dumbass!! The smaller end is the one that gets inserted. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Someone peed in my cheerios this morning. 

I just get sick of the "Bengals need to make some money in order to re-sign our players!" talk.

They have and will have plenty of money to go around.

Have you seen the contracts WR’s are getting? And we have 2 that we will have to try and pay. Let alone Burrow.

It’s about the guaranteed portions of the deals. It is just flat out false to claim Mike Brown has that Kroenke, Walton, Kraft, type of money. He just doesn’t.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Someone peed in my cheerios this morning. 

I just get sick of the "Bengals need to make some money in order to re-sign our players!" talk.

They have and will have plenty of money to go around.

It is not money they need as much as they need cash. They have a lot of expenditures coming up besides some high-dollar contracts. They are building the long-awaited practice facility and will contribute to upgrades at PBS. Plus they have to plan for any potential financial glitches that might come with Mike's death.  

The Brown family isn't poor by any means.  However, in the NFL world, they are especially when compared against new Broncos owner Rob Walton or Jimmy Haslam.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Dumbass!! The smaller end is the one that gets inserted. 

Rookie.
Reply/Quote
The new name is already being changed to PayJoe Stadium

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you seen the contracts WR’s are getting? And we have 2 that we will have to try and pay. Let alone Burrow.

It’s about the guaranteed portions of the deals. It is just flat out false to claim Mike Brown has that Kroenke, Walton, Kraft, type of money. He just doesn’t.

(08-09-2022, 10:54 AM)pally Wrote: It is not money they need as much as they need cash. They have a lot of expenditures coming up besides some high-dollar contracts. They are building the long-awaited practice facility and will contribute to upgrades at PBS. Plus they have to plan for any potential financial glitches that might come with Mike's death.  

The Brown family isn't poor by any means.  However, in the NFL world, they are especially when compared against new Broncos owner Rob Walton or Jimmy Haslam.  

They will get a check for 300 million every year for 11 years straight after the new TV deals kick in next year. This isn't including any other revenue stream they make.

They will have the money. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:04 AM)pally Wrote: The new name is already being changed to PayJoe Stadium

Rep LOL

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They will get a check for 300 million every year for 11 years straight after the new TV deals kick in next year. This isn't including any other revenue stream they make.

And other owners have even more money. Again - a guy like Jimmy Haslam can give a QB $230 million fully guaranteed. Mike Brown can’t compete with that. Revenue sharing or not.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:37 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: "Paycor Field at Paul Brown Stadium" sounds nice.  More than likely the Bengals got more money with just "Paycor Stadium".

Well, I was thinking just plain "Paycor Field" No Paul Brown Stadium at the end. It woulnd't be unprecedented, as there are 8 other teams that do not have the word "Stadium" (or "Superdome") in their name:

Chicago Bears - Soldier Field

Denver Broncos - Empower Field at Mile High

Detroit Lions - Ford Field

Green Bay Packers - Lambeau Field

Jacksonville Jaguars - TIAA Bank Field

Philadelphia Eagles - Lincoln Financial Field

Seattle Seahawks - Lumen Field

Washington Commanders - FedEx Field
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They will get a check for 300 million every year for 11 years straight after the new TV deals kick in next year. This isn't including any other revenue stream they make.

Go have a beer and a hot dog and enjoy the Bengals doing the work to become a relevant franchise finally
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:16 AM)pally Wrote: nope no more Paul Brown Stadium at all.  Just Paycor Stadium. 

I suppose I'll get used to Paycor Stadium. I wasn't thrilled with TQL Stadium but I'm okay with it now. My daughter and her friends call it Tickle Stadium. 
Reply/Quote
Any news on the money this will bring in? Won’t touch LA but I would think it should be in the ballpark Pittsburgh just signed.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:54 AM)pally Wrote: It is not money they need as much as they need cash. They have a lot of expenditures coming up besides some high-dollar contracts. They are building the long-awaited practice facility and will contribute to upgrades at PBS. Plus they have to plan for any potential financial glitches that might come with Mike's death.  

Please sow us where you have definitive proof they do not have estates set up and have not started transferring ownership to Katie. I am not a billionaire, but I have done well and have an estate set up that will yield zero tax liability to my children and their children.

I am guessing Mike Brown the shrewd lawyer who has shown great ability to manage large sums of money has a plan for his death.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Paycor = PAY THE CORE Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 09:59 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What a shit name. It will always be Paul Brown Stadium. I’ll never call it that. Unless over time I forget it was called Paul Brown Stadium.

I hate it with a passion. 

I wonder how long before players start selling their last names to companies, so the company name can be on the back of their uniforms. 
Reply/Quote

They do.  However, roughly 50% of that money gets added to the salary cap, meaning the club has to spend another $150 mil a year to field a competitive team.  With players and agents pushing for more and more guaranteed money and league rules requiring teams to put all guaranteed money in escrow, teams will need more and more liquid cash to sign top players.  Not to mention the government will also get their cut of that $300 mil.  Teams will profit more, but they will not profit anywhere close to an extra $300 mil a year.  
Reply/Quote
I was hoping for "Crest Field" but at least it is not named after a tampax, Luvs, or Puffs field. Tongue
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 12:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Paycor = PAY THE CORE Ninja

Rep

Reply/Quote