Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paycor Stadium Welcome to the Jungle
(08-09-2022, 10:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you seen the contracts WR’s are getting? And we have 2 that we will have to try and pay. Let alone Burrow.

It’s about the guaranteed portions of the deals. It is just flat out false to claim Mike Brown has that Kroenke, Walton, Kraft, type of money. He just doesn’t.

Right

You have to understand that the Browns don't have some Billion dollar business/industry outside of football. The majority of professional sports owners have a fortune outside of football and that's how they bought the team.

The Browns and a few others are all that's left as family run major sports franchises. I'm not claiming they're poor but they don't have $$$$$$$ coming in from elsewhere anywhere near as large as many of the others.

I'm fine with it being renamed what the hell ever if it helps the team keep Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins, Chase and so on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Please sow us where you have definitive proof they do not have estates set up and have not started transferring ownership to Katie. I am not a billionaire, but I have done well and have an estate set up that will yield zero tax liability to my children and their children.

I am guessing Mike Brown the shrewd lawyer who has shown great ability to manage large sums of money has a plan for his death.

I didn't say that anything would definitively happen when Mike died...I said prepare in case of financial glitches. Like you, I assume, the team  is already in a trust, and ownership of that trust is in Katie and Paul Brown's name. We don't know that though, maybe his share of the team is being left to his wife Nancy.  But,  that doesn't prevent problems from occurring and likely doesn't contain all of Mike's assets. A shrewd business person, and I think we can agree that Mike fits that bill, plans for every contingency.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Paycor sounds ok. At least it is short and sweet.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 12:21 PM)Nepa Wrote: I hate it with a passion. 

I wonder how long before players start selling their last names to companies, so the company name can be on the back of their uniforms. 

You know, that's not a bad idea. Especially for the not-well-known players. Probably a rule against in the CBA, though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is absolutely hilarious to me.

Everyone, myself included, criticized the Bengals for being cheap and for not making moves to benefit the franchise, but now we make a move that secures the future of our franchise by guaranteeing that we'll have the money to keep Burrow, Chase, Tee, and other big contracts coming up, and people criticize Brown still!

I doubt that Mike had much to do with it, although he probably did give his blessing, so it's just Katie and the rest of the front office making smart business moves.

There aren't many stadiums older than Paul Brown, and some stadiums that are older have had upgrades, like Soldier Field in Chicago, Lambeau Field, Hard Rock, and Bank of America, which two of those four have obviously sold naming rights.

And that 300 million a year TV contract is nice, but people also forget about expenditures outside of player contracts, like coaching, equipment, traveling expenses, employee salaries, food, utilities, and whatever.

Also, we may not have the largest front office in terms of football decisions, but we do have a lot of employees that do things for the franchise, and I'm sure that most of them have people working under them.

The team is finally making business moves to improve the fan experience and people are still complaining.

I'm excited for all of the new things coming!
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to think we should have the NFL Funding Rule in the forum header in boldface.

Why?

Because that rule is at the root of this decision by the team. Much as I hate the idea that the stadium no longer honors Paul Brown I do understand the need to increase cash flow so that when it comes time to sign Burrow et al they will actually have the money available to put in escrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Could have been worse.

I will miss the Paul Brown Stadium’s and Joe Lewis Arena’s of the world though. Other than Lambeau Field they will probably all go this route eventually.

But whatever, if it helps pay #9 I’m all for it.

Soldier Field will be Soldier Field as long as it exists. Bears might not play there, but it'll always be Soldier Field.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:37 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: "Paycor Field at Paul Brown Stadium" sounds nice.  More than likely the Bengals got more money with just "Paycor Stadium".

I would have liked this too....but whatever it takes to keep the organization on the right track is fine by me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Big banner at the top of Bengals.com now...

[Image: dezyh4uizv0pexkv11n6]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think people are confusing some things. The Bengals can afford to pay the players, and added outside revenue won't affect that. it's the salary cap that comes into play when you say they can't "afford" to pay certain people.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Hamilton High School will always be Taft.
Whatever they built on Western Ave. will always be Crosley Field.
Cinergy Field will always be Riverfront Stadium.
Paycor Field will always be Paul Brown Stadium.
That is all.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 04:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think people are confusing some things.  The Bengals can afford to pay the players, and added outside revenue won't affect that. it's the salary cap that comes into play when you say they can't "afford" to pay certain people.

No confusion here.

Regardless of the Cap; if you guarantee a contract you have to put that money (cash dollars) into an escrow account. You cannot deposit "worth". So we can afford the Annual Salary (Cap), but need external revenue sources to pay the huge guarantees that are envouge 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Unless you are talking to new born babies... guess what. Everyone will still know which stadium is considered Paul Brown.

It is what it is... that's how I look at it.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No confusion here.

Regardless of the Cap; if you guarantee a contract you have to put that money (cash dollars) into an escrow account. You cannot deposit "worth". So we can afford the Annual Salary (Cap), but need external revenue sources to pay the huge guarantees that are envouge 

Exactly. Nobody here should complain about this. Who do you think cares more about it being called Paul Brown Stadium? A bunch of fans? Or the man’s kid and grandkids? If the family finally decided this move needed to happen then it needed to happen. They put his name there above money for decades now. They put the franchise first with this move, probably directly tied to needing money for Burrow’s guaranteed contract. They wouldn’t have done this if it wasn’t 100% necessary.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 09:59 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What a shit name. It will always be Paul Brown Stadium. I’ll never call it that. Unless over time I forget it was called Paul Brown Stadium.

That's the bummer of getting old and forgetful, but I'll never forget it was Public Broadcasting Stadium..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No confusion here.

Most people really don't understand wealth and wealth management.  That's why 70% of lottery winners go bankrupt within 7 years.  
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals about to get 300 million a year from new TV deals alone and we are claiming "poverty" ownership and justifying the peanuts they are going to make from renaming the stadium.

I mean I get renaming the stadium to increase revenue, but can we please stop acting and sympathizing like Mike Brown and Bengals ownership is poor? Like they are scraping by and trying to pinch every penny in order to re-sign these players?

This is what it is - a company doing whatever it can to make more money to line the pockets of ownership.
So what is poor and what is rich? If u own a nfl team it is relative to your neighbors  so yes the Bengals are poor..
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:54 AM)pally Wrote: It is not money they need as much as they need cash. They have a lot of expenditures coming up besides some high-dollar contracts. They are building the long-awaited practice facility and will contribute to upgrades at PBS. Plus they have to plan for any potential financial glitches that might come with Mike's death.  

The Brown family isn't poor by any means.  However, in the NFL world, they are especially when compared against new Broncos owner Rob Walton or Jimmy Haslam.  
Called keeping up with the joneses 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So what is poor and what is rich? If u own a nfl team it is relative to your neighbors  so yes the Bengals are poor..

They are billionaires. There is no relative poor.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They are billionaires. There is no relative poor.

Of course their is.. 
Reply/Quote