Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paycor Stadium Welcome to the Jungle
(08-09-2022, 01:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

You have to understand that the Browns don't have some Billion dollar business/industry outside of football. The majority of professional sports owners have a fortune outside of football and that's how they bought the team.

The Browns and a few others are all that's left as family run major sports franchises. I'm not claiming they're poor but they don't have $$$$$$$ coming in from elsewhere anywhere near as large as many of the others.

I'm fine with it being renamed what the hell ever if it helps the team keep Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins, Chase and so on.

You can fund an escrow account with investments as long as the principle is guaranteed.  So they could just invest a hundred million in bonds and use them to fund the escrow account.
Reply/Quote
If it helps keep them together, they could call it Ben Roethlisberger Owned The Bengals In This Stadium and I wouldn't care.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can fund an escrow account with investments as long as the principle is guaranteed.  So they could just invest a hundred million in bonds and use them to fund the escrow account.

Now, explain to the class what Principle is and how it's guaranteed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Of course their is.. 

No. Poor can be relative to societal norms, but it’s not defined as having less than a select group of others.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No. Poor can be relative to societal norms, but it’s not defined as having less than a select group of others.

It is relative to where you live in this case the browns live in the NFL.. this is their life and so yes they are on the lower tier, can't exain it better than that.. welcome for sociology  lesson..lol
Reply/Quote
Loved the name Paul Brown Stadium and sad to see it go, yet everybody could see that this would happen one day and not surprised at all.

They can do like UofL did when selling the arena name and changing to Yum Center. Yet the court itself is named Denny Crum Court. Bengals can name all kinds of things in stadium after Paul Brown to keep his name alive.

Paul Brown Ring of Honor has a good ring to it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
First reaction is the name sucks. But other than that, the stadium is getting improvements so that’s cool. PBS the abbreviation was kind of confusing as there’s a TV station with the same name. Overall it doesn’t matter much—but paycore is a lame name. I’m not the best at coming up with good names, but Paul brown stadium had a better ring to it. Paycore is a lame name for any business, really. But cash is always nice I guess.
Reply/Quote
I hope the new name has a “boy named sue” like impact, and not a “Charlie brown” like impact. If it does and we get that cash money for improvements… (how else can I polish that turd, hmm). I would have waited for a better offer from a company with a better name like “chase”. Ha, “Chase field”, I could get behind that. The name stinks, but the bottom line is it should have nothing to do with the product on the field.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 08:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is relative to where you live in this case the browns live in the NFL.. this is their life and so yes they are on the lower tier, can't exain it better than that.. welcome for sociology  lesson..lol

Yeah no.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm just happy we have a local company sponsoring the stadium and not some out of state corp that could care less about the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Please sow us where you have definitive proof they do not have estates set up and have not started transferring ownership to Katie. I am not a billionaire, but I have done well and have an estate set up that will yield zero tax liability to my children and their children.

I am guessing Mike Brown the shrewd lawyer who has shown great ability to manage large sums of money has a plan for his death.

Yup..Mike is an Ivy league trained lawyer.. He's no dummy in these matters. I wouldn't play poker with Mike.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now, explain to the class what Principle is and how it's guaranteed. 

The principal is the amount of the original investment.

If you invest in stocks the value of your principal can drop.

If you invest in bonds you may not make much return, but the investment will never be worth less than the original investment.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The principal is the amount of the original investment.

If you invest in bonds you may not make much return, but the investment will never be worth less than the original investment.

Actually, the principal is the guy in charge of your school. 

I could ask you what one needs to invest in stocks and bonds, but why bother?

You need cash, not just worth. 

It's obvious the Bengals made this long-delayed move to add liquidity to their worth to put toward guarantees 

I can only assume folks are disputing this because they've said something contrary in the past. It's 3rd grade economics. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Everyone keeps talking about having money in escrow for Burrow and how they’ll have more than enough, but think about the contract for Chase that they’ll need money for the year after Burrow’s extension.

He could end up demanding record money for a receiver if he’s at the top of the league in receiving.

We’ll also have a few other players wanting big deals soon.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 12:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Everyone keeps talking about having money in escrow for Burrow and how they’ll have more than enough, but think about the contract for Chase that they’ll need money for the year after Burrow’s extension.

He could end up demanding record money for a receiver if he’s at the top of the league in receiving.

We have to pay Tee, Logan Wilson, Jonah, Burrow, and Chase. And that’s just the young guys. This notion that there’s “plenty of money to go around” is just not realistic.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I could ask you what one needs to invest in stocks and bonds, but why bother?

Because you might learn how businesses with a net worth in the billions could create funds for an escrow account.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 12:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Everyone keeps talking about having money in escrow for Burrow and how they’ll have more than enough, but think about the contract for Chase that they’ll need money for the year after Burrow’s extension.

And it isn’t just players contracts they are taking on. They are building a temporary and then permanent practice facility. Additionally, they have committed to funding some of the PBS excuse me Paycor improvements as well.
Adding to the team’s cash flow without adding additional debt is a good thing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 01:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have to pay Tee, Logan Wilson, Jonah, Burrow, and Chase. And that’s just the young guys. This notion that there’s “plenty of money to go around” is just not realistic.
Exactly. 

And with the salary cap going up and every other contract on the team, we're going to need A LOT of money.

That's especially true since the ******* Browns just gave Watson that crazy contract.

(08-10-2022, 03:57 AM)pally Wrote: And it isn’t just players contracts they are taking on.  They are building a temporary and then permanent practice facility.  Additionally, they have committed to funding some of the PBS excuse me Paycor improvements as well.
Adding to the team’s cash flow without adding additional debt is a good thing

Yep, and look at our front office staff and see that the list is pretty long and, while they all might not make millions, they're not just working for peanuts.

We're finding ways to improve the team and everything around the team and people are complaining.

(PC Stadium ThumbsUp)
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The principal is the amount of the original investment.

For any posters on this site, please don't take financial advice from fredtoast.  The last sentence is blatantly false.
Reply/Quote