Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Peak or plateau
https://twitter.com/clintstoerner/status/1482483804451360772?s=21
Reply/Quote
Peak. Double middle fingers to everyone outside of Who Dey Nation
Reply/Quote
Where's that crow? Want fries with that?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One of the biggest problems this team has had all year is consistency.  Their performance is up and down from week to week and even half to half. 

As I said in other threads one of my biggest concerns was the slow starts we have seen in most of our losses this year.  All we did yesterday was score on our first 5 possessions for 23 points.  We did not punt until about 6 minutes left in the third quarter.

(01-07-2022, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't have to "wait for next year".  We have spent $145 million on veteran free agents so we don't have to wait for draft picks to develop.  We have had unusually good luck with injuries this year.  Despite what some people claim injuries have a lot to do with what teams win.  At the most important position on the team we have an elite player in Joe Burrow. 

We need to strike while the iron is hot.  I'm praying Zac is the coach that can keep his team performing at their best on a consistent basis.

We need a plateau instead of a peak.

Zac definitely has us still playing at a high level.  If we keep it up we can beat any team in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Where's that crow? Want fries with that?

No crow to eat because I never said we would lose.

I said all along we were capable of winning the AFC if Zac could keep us playing at a high level.  Never said he could not do it.  Just pointed out that he had not yet, so I was waiting to see if he could.
Reply/Quote