Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peko Played A Hell Of A Game
(09-29-2015, 10:19 AM)thegimp Wrote: Do you ever post without arguing with someone?  You seem to be one of those guys who got picked on too much in school and on here you act 10 foot tall and bullet proof.  You're shtick is getting very old.

What's a message board here for, genius?

I'd ask if you put much thought into this post, but I already know the answer to that.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Disagree.

If people evaluated his play like they should and understood what a nose tackle's responsibility is in a 4-3 defense, they'd know that Peko does his job pretty well, even if he's not making splash plays.

Yesterday, however, he did play especially well and was in the backfield a lot because he pushed the center backwards.

he played good yesterday but on had 1 good game last year that i can remember.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:21 AM)djs7685 Wrote: What's a message board here for, genius?

I'd ask if you put much thought into this post, but I already know the answer to that.

Disagreement is fine dumbass, but you prove my point, you are unable to communicate without personal attacks and a condescending tone. If you are a child please grow up, if you are an adult, I feel bad for you.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:45 AM)thegimp Wrote: Disagreement is fine dumbass, but you prove my point, you are unable to communicate without personal attacks and a condescending tone.  If you are a child please grow up, if you are an adult, I feel bad for you.

If someone posts an argumentative thread, I'm going to argue their shitty points. That's how a message board works. Don't you realize that?

Sorry about your luck, but I'm not going to change my posting habits for some loser that has to brag about being a middle school coach (hahahahahahhahahahahaha) to prove a meaningless point to a stranger online. Put me on ignore if you can't handle flipping shit when you read my posts. Seems like you may want to try that growing up thing out.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:19 AM)thegimp Wrote: Do you ever post without arguing with someone?  You seem to be one of those guys who got picked on too much in school and on here you act 10 foot tall and bullet proof.  You're shtick is getting very old.

(09-29-2015, 10:45 AM)thegimp Wrote: Disagreement is fine dumbass, but you prove my point, you are unable to communicate without personal attacks and a condescending tone.  If you are a child please grow up, if you are an adult, I feel bad for you.

[Image: pot-kettle-black.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:53 AM)djs7685 Wrote: [Image: pot-kettle-black.jpg]

I'm beginning to think I'd like to meet you, what town do you live in?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 11:12 AM)thegimp Wrote: I'm beginning to think I'd like to meet you, what town do you live in?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYd29Ntm6Hd8rf3iJf9ho...X7rkV7Kshg]
Reply/Quote
Nope, you like talking shit on the internet, I'd like to give you a chance to do it in person. You do seem like a ***** living in your moms basement though. And for the record you asked me where I coached, I answered. Also, I coach with Steve Rehring, want to tell him middle school coaches are a joke?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 11:12 AM)thegimp Wrote: I'm beginning to think I'd like to meet you, what town do you live in?

(09-29-2015, 11:22 AM)thegimp Wrote: Nope, you like talking shit on the internet, I'd like to give you a chance to do it in person.  You do seem like a ***** living in your moms basement though. And for the record you asked me where I coached, I answered.  Also, I coach with Steve Rehring, want to tell him middle school coaches are a joke?

[Image: 326986]
Reply/Quote
What are you scared of then? Let's meet up and have a beer, I'll pay.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 11:40 AM)thegimp Wrote: What are you scared of then?  Let's meet up and have a beer, I'll pay.

Never, I'd feel terrible. I'd never let a guy pick up the tab that brags about coaching 14 year old kids as if it's some great accomplishment.

Can we talk about Peko again or do you want to continue looking like a psychopath for the rest of the board to see? You disagreeing with me can get you some fans, I'll tell you that much. A lot of people don't like me very much, so you'll get some pats on the back for yelling at me, but this isn't the way to do it. You look like a doofus right now, and nobody thinks an internet tough guy trying to meet up with someone looks good in any conversation. Just stop.

So how about those 4-3 NTs, eh?
Reply/Quote
"Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has stated his belief that Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Domata Peko, whom he coached when he was Bengals defensive coordinator, is one of the best that he has worked with in the position."

Awe heck, what does Mike Zimmer know about defense.....
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: For as much hate as he gets on this board, Peko played a hell of a game, even if it didn't show up in the stats.

I always say his job as a NT in a 4-3 is just to hold his place and clog up the middle, but he was actually getting a good push into the backfield on a lot of plays and was opening lanes for backers and even just causing the QB and RBs to have to change direction.

It seems like he's been playing that well all season, so let's hope he keeps it up!!

Unappreciated player played a hell of a game!

He doesn't need to be appreciated. Being the starter on this team is all the confidence and/or appreciation he needs. Why do people go to such lengths to protect these players?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:47 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: For god's sake. This is the laziest excuse for Peko's shit play the last 3 years. 
People know what a 4-3 NT is supposed to do Brad. 
Peko doesn't do it.
No one wants splash plays. They want consistent NT play. He rarely delivers that. 

I thought the number #1 job of a DT was to shed blockers and get to the ball carrier.

Over the last three years Peko has been one of the best interior linemen in the league at doing this.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:04 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote:  Why do people go to such lengths to protect these players?

Why do people go to such lengths to criticize certain players?

When Justin Smith was a Bengal half the people here hated on him.  For years Leon Hall was one of the better CBs in the league and half the people here bashed him because he "couldn't cover speed receivers".  And it took Whitworth many years of playing at an elite level at OT before people here stopped claiming he should be moved to guard because he "struggled with speed rushers".

So people go to lengths tp defend these players because they deserve to be defended.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:08 PM)djs7685 Wrote: [Image: internet-tough-guys-skinny-boy-pic.jpg]

Peko was pretty good at one point. I don't think Zimmer is the kind of guy that's going to go out of his way to trash a former player of his, especially one that's respected as Peko. I'm not saying that Zimmer is just blatantly lying, but he is probably giving Peko the benefit of the doubt even after a rough 2013 outing. His 2014 was much worse though, when was the Zimmer quote from? I honestly don't know.

Peko isn't the absolute worst NT in the universe, but he has declined quite a bit from where he was previously. He hasn't been very good lately, but hey, if he can play like he did on Sunday every single game, I think we would all be thrilled! It's not that we aren't rooting for him, it's just that a lot of us have lost faith in his ability after watching this team over the last few seasons and seeing him getting pushed around more often than he would have in previous years.

Quote was from last year. I agree that Zim would not go out of his way to trash a player, he just would not bring them up in the first place. Peko may not be as good as he was when he was younger, but he is still a lot better than people give him credit for. The professional coaches who make their livings in football at the highest level know this. All the rest is internet noise.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I thought the number #1 job of a DT was to shed blockers and get to the ball carrier.

Over the last three years Peko has been one of the best interior linemen in the league at doing this.

I would think fixing the LOS is a big part of it too and it''s not like you don't see Peko going backwards. 

Really don't see him shedding a lot of blockers or getting to a lot of ball carriers either.

I'd consider it a win for the NT if he stonewalls the offensive surge at the LOS.  How much of that does he really do?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Quote was from last year. I agree that Zim would not go out of his way to trash a player, he just would not bring them up in the first place. Peko may not be as good as he was when he was younger, but he is still a lot better than people give him credit for. The professional coaches who make their livings in football at the highest level know this. All the rest is internet noise.

Don't think you have to be a professional coach to see a NT being pushed 5 yards beyond the LOS.  I see that with Peko from time to time without even focusing on him.

And say what you might about PFF but it is applied equally to every player and they place him at the bottom.  There has to be some significance to that.  I don't take it as gospel but it must mean something.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:14 PM)McC Wrote: Really don't see him shedding a lot of blockers or getting to a lot of ball carriers either.

That's right.  You don't see many interior defensive lineman racking up a lot of tackles, but in 2014 Peko was 9th in the league in tackles among interior defensive linemen.  In 2013 he was 11th.

And this is a common problem with fans here.  If they see a bengal DB get beat a couple of times they claim he can't cover anyone, but on fact every DB in the league gets beat from time to time  Bengal fans just see our DBs get beaten more often because we are always atching the Bengals.  Same tyhing with Peko.  People claim he doesn't make many tackles, but in fact he makes a lot more tackles than most other interior D-linemen in the league.

And if no o0ther DT in the league ever gets pushed back then how do NFL RBs average over 4 yards per carry?  shouldn't they all be getting stuffed at the LOS since no other DT in the league ever gets pushed off the LOS?

Bad DTs get blocked and don't make tackles.  Good DTs shed blockers and get to the RB.  Peko sheds blockers and get5s to the RB more than most other interior D-linemen in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:33 PM)McC Wrote: Don't think you have to be a professional coach to see a NT being pushed 5 yards beyond the LOS.  I see that with Peko from time to time without even focusing on him.

I see DTs for all teams get blocked off the ball all the time.  That is why NFL RBs average over 4 yards per carry.
Reply/Quote