Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peko Played A Hell Of A Game
(09-29-2015, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Geno will get doubled no matter what Peko does unless Peko starts playing like an All-Pro. 

Not true. Especially in the run game. 
He just has to prove that one on one blocks will not consistently work against him. 
He hasn't done that in probably 3 years. 

(09-29-2015, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think it is better to let the ball carrier continue down field than tackle him 6 yards past the LOS?

All tackles are good tackles.  Because if there was no tackle there would be a lot more yards gained by the ball carrier.

So we are officially to this point? Bye fred. I was foolish to think a rational argument could be had with you. 
Someone else can deal with your bullshit. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 10:18 PM)McC Wrote: Peko doesn't get hate.  He gets evaluation.  Some people seem unclear on the difference.  

You know it McC, but Peko did play much better against the Ravens and i am happy about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not true. Especially in the run game. 
He just has to prove that one on one blocks will not consistently work against him. 

Yes true.

Some double teams are specifically determined by where the play is going, but on other occasions I believe that opposing teams usually double team the best player.

How do you think opposing teams decide which DT to double team?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes true.

Some double teams are specifically determined by where the play is going, but on other occasions I believe that opposing teams usually double team the best player.

How do you think opposing teams decide which DT to double team?

Play direction first. 
Second, skill.

If the play is a run left, and Geno is over the RG and Peko is splitting the LG/C, the initial call is to double the guy in the 1T spot.
However, if it is known your C or LG can handle him alone you don't waste the time.
Teams do not feel urgency to double team Peko.

Then you have to factor in whether it's an outside or inside run.

Inside (Between the LT and C) you could easily have the LG crash down on Peko, C go up to the LB, RG and RT double down on Geno (What SD did on big runs) and force the DE and WLB to make the stop. Cleveland also ran blocking patterns like this on us. 

If it's an outside run left, they might chip a bit on Peko but overall the LG would hand Peko to the C and then go to the LB. Peko's job there is to keep the LG from the LB. He doesn't do it that well anymore. Often getting pushed into his LB. 
Reply/Quote
You havent seen good NT's play Im guessing, Peko isnt that good, stop getting over excited over 3-0, we are still weak in some spots, we arent amazing everywhere, we need an improvement at NT.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not true. Especially in the run game. 

So we are officially to this point? Bye fred. I was foolish to think a rational argument could be had with you. 
Someone else can deal with your bullshit. 

Isnt he the one who lost a bet on the last site and then pussed out because he whined about he couldnt let the site go? Hes always losing arguments, hes funny to watch
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they are not.

Bad players get blocked and don't make tackles.

Good players shed blocks and get to the ball carrier.

A cornerback who cant cover, lets his reciever catch the ball all game but makes every tackle after the catch. Yeah he played great, he had 11 tackles! On the guy he couldnt guard.. Tackles can be misleading, cmon now bud
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:59 PM)Element Wrote: A cornerback who cant cover, lets his reciever catch the ball all game but makes every tackle after the catch. Yeah he played great, he had 11 tackles! On the guy he couldnt guard.. Tackles can be misleading, cmon now bud

In fred's logic, the only other option was to let the guy score. Not forcing an incompletion or providing better coverage. 
Reply/Quote
Now that this thread has reached 4 pages, I guess I better go back and watch Peko closely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:57 PM)Element Wrote: Isnt he the one who lost a bet on the last site and then pussed out because he whined about he couldnt let the site go? Hes always losing arguments, hes funny to watch

IDK. 
But he did start a whole thread to throw shade at me once to prove an awful point. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now that this thread has reached 4 pages, I guess I better go back and watch Peko closely.

He had his best game in a while. 
But that's never been the point. 
The point has always been about Brad calling people criticizing of Peko "haters" and fred being fred. 
It isn't hate. It's criticism. He hasn't been good the last 3 years. He had one good game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He had his best game in a while. 
But that's never been the point. 
The point has always been about Brad calling people criticizing of Peko "haters" and fred being fred. 
It isn't hate. It's criticism. He hasn't been good the last 3 years. He had one good game. 

His first two games weren't bad, either, and, while he hasn't been an All-Star the past few years, he's done his job and is just torn to pieces on these boards because people expect him to be in the backfield on every play making the highlight films.

People act like clogging holes and getting chips and double teams isn't that big of a deal, but guess what the linemen who are chipping or double teaming aren't doing?  Getting to the second level to block our backers, at least not quickly.

He has done his job the past few years, and he looked above and beyond that on Saturday, so he deserves recognition.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: His first two games weren't bad, either, and, while he hasn't been an All-Star the past few years, he's done his job and is just torn to pieces on these boards because people expect him to be in the backfield on every play making the highlight films.

People act like clogging holes and getting chips and double teams isn't that big of a deal, but guess what the linemen who are chipping or double teaming aren't doing?  Getting to the second level to block our backers, at least not quickly.

He has done his job the past few years, and he looked above and beyond that on Saturday, so he deserves recognition.

You're the only one that would know since you're the only person on the planet that watches the NT and not the ball carrier.

It's a good thing we have someone as qualified as Brad on the boards to give us insight on how a 4-3 defense operates. None of us would have a clue without him.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It isn't hate. It's criticism. He hasn't been good the last 3 years. He had one good game. 

You can't win an argument by just repeating your own limited opinion without anything to back it up.

Peko makes more tackles than other DTs.........

"Tackles don't matter.  i say he is bad. (Insert fredtoast insult as proof)"

Peko was the starting DT on a top 5 rushing defense in 2013.......

"Stopping the run doesn't matter.  I say he is bad. (Insert fredtoast insult as further proof.)"

In 2014 after leaving the Bengals to coach another team Mike zimmer still says Peko is a good NT....

"What Zimmer said does not matter.  I say he is bad. (Insert fredtoast insult as ultimate proof)"
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: In fred's logic, the only other option was to let the guy score. Not forcing an incompletion or providing better coverage. 

Ultimate proof of your reading comprehension skills (and total lack of analytical skills).

Please post link to me saying anything like this.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:57 PM)Element Wrote: Isnt he the one who lost a bet on the last site and then pussed out because he whined about he couldnt let the site go? Hes always losing arguments, hes funny to watch

No.  I never lost a bet.  I backed out of it before either side had a chance to win.

But thanks for bring this up.  I was right to get out of that bet, so this is just more proof of my brilliant analytical skills.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: IDK. 
But he did start a whole thread to throw shade at me once to prove an awful point. 

I don't recall ever doing anything like that.

But I do remember you arguing that Pollack should have been starting in front of Boling.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't recall ever doing anything like that.

But I do remember you arguing that Pollack should have been starting in front of Boling.

Oh c'mon, man.

You made a thread that straight bashed zerker and it dealt with the Bodine argument.

I remember that clearly and it didn't even have to do with me, but it was painfully obvious when you directly took shots at him in the post.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:49 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You're the only one that would know since you're the only person on the planet that watches the NT and not the ball carrier.

It's a good thing we have someone as qualified as Brad on the boards to give us insight on how a 4-3 defense operates. None of us would have a clue without him.

tackle the guy with the ball right? did i win?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 06:02 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Oh c'mon, man.

You made a thread that straight bashed zerker and it dealt with the Bodine argument.

I remember that clearly and it didn't even have to do with me, but it was painfully obvious when you directly took shots at him in the post.

I don't take any personal shots at members here.  All I attack is their weak arguments and debate skills.
Reply/Quote