Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peko Played A Hell Of A Game
(09-29-2015, 06:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't take any personal shots at members here.  All I attack is their weak arguments and debate skills.
Why do people take pride in this? Like it's your mission to be a douche?
Reply/Quote
I don't think Peko plays well consistently and have been vocal about it for the last two years.

I will give props to him playing a decent game.  Yes he did play a decent game.

To say that most people don't watch his play and wouldn't understand his purpose are kidding themselves.

Are there some people who don't understand or care to...  ??  Yes.  Some.  You can say that about any position really.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 06:59 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Why do people take pride in this? Like it's your mission to be a douche?

I said I DON'T take personal shots at people.

Attacking a weak argument is not being a douche unless you consider every person who was ever on a debate team a "douche".
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 06:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't take any personal shots at members here.  All I attack is their weak arguments and debate skills.

This is the biggest load of horseshit ever posted on this site.
CornerBlitz and Toast Jones have a better shot at being believed as Dalton-homers than this
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think it is better to let the ball carrier continue down field than tackle him 6 yards past the LOS?

All tackles are good tackles.  Because if there was no tackle there would be a lot more yards gained by the ball carrier.

(09-29-2015, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ultimate proof of your reading comprehension skills (and total lack of analytical skills).

Please post link to me saying anything like this.

There you go.
You're own words implying those are the only outcomes. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: His first two games weren't bad, either, and, while he hasn't been an All-Star the past few years, he's done his job and is just torn to pieces on these boards because people expect him to be in the backfield on every play making the highlight films.

People act like clogging holes and getting chips and double teams isn't that big of a deal, but guess what the linemen who are chipping or double teaming aren't doing?  Getting to the second level to block our backers, at least not quickly.

He has done his job the past few years, and he looked above and beyond that on Saturday, so he deserves recognition.

And it's because Geno is back to being Geno.

Now for the bolded.....
You seriously are getting annoying about this. NO ONE WANTS THAT.
NO ONE HAS SAID THIS. NO ONE. Except you of course. 
He doesn't do those things. At least not effectively. Geno gets the vast majority of doubles. 
Post proof of people wanting him doing the things you claim.
Secondly provide proof that you are the only person on this site who knows what a NT is supposed to do....
Reply/Quote
Are Brad and Fred on a team here? This is wild. Only the great leader Peko could bring these two together. Warms my lil old heart.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 06:59 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Why do people take pride in this? Like it's your mission to be a douche?

dont act like fred is the only one on these boards or even in this thread there are memebers here that seem their purpose is to pick a fight with someone
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 03:05 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: There you go.
You're own words implying those are the only outcomes. 

Educate me.

What are the other options in addition to a ball carrier being tackled or gaining more yards?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Educate me.

What are the other options in addition to a ball carrier being tackled or gaining more yards?

I believe the entire point is that it's not an impressive feat to get pushed 3 yards off the LOS, turn around and end up making the tackle 5 yards down the field, then get a pat on the back from you and others because of it.

It comes up on the stat sheet the same as the NT that actually shed his guy immediately after the snap and got in for a tackle after a 1 yard gain.

This isn't even about Peko being overrated or underrated right now, but I think everybody should be able to agree that using combined tackles as some sort of reference of how "good" a NT is should be considered VERY off base in an argument. You can try to spin how good Peko is in different ways, but stop using total tackles because it just looks stupid to anyone that knows a damn thing about analyzing the game. I know for a fact that even you understand this but it's one of the only things you have to defend Peko so you continue to use it and play stupid.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Educate me.

Stop the play before it gets 5+ yards downfield?
Do your first job and don't let him get there?
Reply/Quote
I played football.  I know that bad players get blocked and don't make tackles.  not at the line of scrimmage or 5 yards downfield.  and the better DTs shed blockers and make tackles.

You can't compare a DTs tackle numbers to a MLBs.  But you can compare them to other DTs.

And finally at least i post SOMETHING to back up my claim.  I have the fact that the Bengals were a top 5 rush defense in 2013 when you guys claim Peko stunk.  And I point out that a great DC claims he is a great DT.  Your personal opinions may seem very important to you, but you really have no credentials to give any value to your opinion.  i have seen waaaay to many people here telling me that Justin Smith was garbage, and Leon Hall couldn't cover, and Whitworth should move to guard, and Dalton has noodle arm.

So feel free to continue to post your opinion while I post facts and stats. According to you guys a good dt never lets a RB get past the line of scrimmage. So please post a list of all these DTs (and there must be a lot of them if Peko is one of the worst) who never let e RB get past the line of scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 03:41 AM)MrRager Wrote: Are Brad and Fred on a team here? This is wild. Only the great leader Peko could bring these two together. Warms my lil old heart.

LMAO!!! Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I played football.  I know that bad players get blocked and don't make tackles.  not at the line of scrimmage or 5 yards downfield.  and the better DTs shed blockers and make tackles.

You can't compare a DTs tackle numbers to a MLBs.  But you can compare them to other DTs.

And finally at least i post SOMETHING to back up my claim.  I have the fact that the Bengals were a top 5 rush defense in 2013 when you guys claim Peko stunk.  And I point out that a great DC claims he is a great DT.  Your personal opinions may seem very important to you, but you really have no credentials to give any value to your opinion.  i have seen waaaay to many people here telling me that Justin Smith was garbage, and Leon Hall couldn't cover, and Whitworth should move to guard, and Dalton has noodle arm.

So feel free to continue to post your opinion while I post facts and stats.  According to you guys a good dt never lets a RB get past the line of scrimmage.  So please post a list of all these DTs (and there must be a lot of them if Peko is one of the worst) who never let e RB get past the line of scrimmage.

The Bengals run defense ranked 24th in percentage of times the ball carrier was stopped at or behind the LOS.
The Bengals run defense ranked 27th in percentage of times the ball carrier got to the second level of the defense.

The Bengals run defense ranked 29th in percentage of times the ball carrier was stopped at or behind the LOS.
The Bengals run defense ranked 5th in percentage of times the ball carrier got to the second level of the defense.

There are some stats.

Nobody has ever said that a good DT doesn't let the ball carrier get past the line of scrimmage EVER, it's just that Peko likes to do so more often than others. I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings.
Reply/Quote
If anybody still has last week's game recorded, go to the play where the color announcer says "Great play by Peko" at the end of live action. Then they show the replay. The announcer starts to expound "You see right here......" and then silence. Peko gets pushed back and to the ground by a lone Olineman, he rolls around jumps up, and makes it to the pile just in time to celebrate.

Peko is not very talented, but he is big and has heart; that counts for something.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 12:51 PM)djs7685 Wrote: 2014
The Bengals run defense ranked 24th in percentage of times the ball carrier was stopped at or behind the LOS.
The Bengals run defense ranked 27th in percentage of times the ball carrier got to the second level of the defense.

The Bengals run defense ranked 29th in percentage of times the ball carrier was stopped at or behind the LOS.
The Bengals run defense ranked 5th in percentage of times the ball carrier got to the second level of the defense.

There are some stats.

Nobody has ever said that a good DT doesn't let the ball carrier get past the line of scrimmage EVER, it's just that Peko likes to do so more often than others. I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings.

It doesn't hurt my feelings.  Why does everything have to be personal with you.

Besides, the fact that we ranked 5th in the percentage of times the ball carrier got to the second level prove that our D-line (including Peko) was playing at an elite level.  And I don't really care how that makes you feel.  Instead I am just trying to discuss some facts.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It doesn't hurt my feelings.  Why does everything have to be personal with you.

Besides, the fact that we ranked 5th in the percentage of times the ball carrier got to the second level prove that our D-line (including Peko) was playing at an elite level.  And I don't really care how that makes you feel.  Instead I am just trying to discuss some facts.

I'm not surprised that all you got out of my post was 1 statistic from 2 years ago that proves that Peko played "at an elite level". **** everything else from that post, right???

What a joke you are. Yes, that's personal, cry more.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I said I DON'T take personal shots at people.

Attacking a weak argument is not being a douche unless you consider every person who was ever on a debate team a "douche".

Sometimes you just gotta chill, and not come on looking to wreck havoc on someones opinion. 

You'd be better off in the long run.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: What a joke you are. Yes, that's personal, cry more.

Seems that you are the only one getting upset enough to cry.

I have remained absolutely calm throughout this discussion
Reply/Quote

ELITE RUN DEFENSE STATTTZZZZZZZ (only look at 1 of the 4 to make your point, please!)
Reply/Quote