Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peko Played A Hell Of A Game
(09-28-2015, 08:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: For as much hate as he gets on this board, Peko played a hell of a game, even if it didn't show up in the stats.

I always say his job as a NT in a 4-3 is just to hold his place and clog up the middle, but he was actually getting a good push into the backfield on a lot of plays and was opening lanes for backers and even just causing the QB and RBs to have to change direction.

It seems like he's been playing that well all season, so let's hope he keeps it up!!

Unappreciated player played a hell of a game!

The NT is one of the most difficult positions to staticize. How do you count the number of blockers a NT occupies? How do you count the number of holes a NT opens for a LB?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Peko is a team leader on a defense that has been very solid on his watch.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
As posted earlier, without solid statistics (like run D with/without Peko and when he is in run D when offense runs inside/outside) this is all just opinions. And in that situation I'll take the opinions of coaches like Zim over any of ours - after all he is a noted defensive coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 01:29 AM)Joelist Wrote: As posted earlier, without solid statistics (like run D with/without Peko and when he is in run D when offense runs inside/outside) this is all just opinions. And in that situation I'll take the opinions of coaches like Zim over any of ours - after all he is a noted defensive coach.

Or we could just analyze film.
Reply/Quote
And all that would happen with "film analysis" is the people who don't care for Peko would see him play poorly while those who don't wouldn't. That is why some more objective stats would be useful.
Reply/Quote
I think we can settle the Peko debate right here :

[Image: peku.jpg]

Any questions?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 04:34 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I think we can settle the Peko debate right here :

Any questions?

While that was nice, how long ago was it?
And add FB to the things they need to stop asking him to do. It hasn't worked in forever. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 02:20 AM)Joelist Wrote: And all that would happen with "film analysis" is the people who don't care for Peko would see him play poorly while those who don't wouldn't.  That is why some more objective stats would be useful.

People can't objectively watch film? 

They can have preconceptions before watching, but film is film. If you know what you're looking at, it is what it is.

Also, bringing up what Zimmer said a year ago provides zero base to whether or not Peko is competent today when the comment was said in the context of the prime of his career.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 02:20 AM)Joelist Wrote: And all that would happen with "film analysis" is the people who don't care for Peko would see him play poorly while those who don't wouldn't.  That is why some more objective stats would be useful.

This.

Haters.......Negative score on every play where he does not make the tackle at the LOS or in the backfield.

Lovers......Positive score for getting blocked because "a NTs job is to occupy blockers"
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Haters.......Negative score on every play where he does not make the tackle at the LOS or in the backfield.

Lovers......Positive score for getting blocked because "a NTs job is to occupy blockers"

Not true at all.
Just more bullshit from you.

I have never seen at any given time where the "haters" as you and Brad claim, want this or say anything close to this.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 05:06 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Also, bringing up what Zimmer said a year ago provides zero base to whether or not Peko is competent today when the comment was said in the context of the prime of his career.

The comment was made in 2014.

And even I will admitt that peko is not the player he once was, but that is far from saying he is one of the worst DTs in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 05:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not true at all.
Just more bullshit from you.

I have never seen at any given time where the "haters" as you and Brad claim, want this or say anything close to this.

So no one has ever criticized Peko for making a tackle down field instead of the line of scrimmage?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So no one has ever criticized Peko for making a tackle down field instead of the line of scrimmage?

Not even close to what you posted fred. 
Not even close.

Typical fred spin.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 01:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Peko is a team leader on a defense that has been very solid on his watch.

I'm in agreement here, He plays with a lot of heart and you can't knock him for that.  

(10-01-2015, 05:00 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: While that was nice, how long ago was it?
And add FB to the things they need to stop asking him to do. It hasn't worked in forever. 

Yeah, but that's one of my favorite plays of his..  

I like when they put him even though it may not be that successful, you can't deny it fires up the offense. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 05:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not even close to what you posted fred. 
Not even close.

Typical fred spin.

Go back and look at that post.  I used exaggerations to insult BOTH the haters and the lovers.

Lighten up.
Reply/Quote
I was reading this thread while bored at school earlier today, and one thing stood out to me.

There was a debate on whether tackles were a good stat to judge defensive players on. I say no.

Fred will debate this, I am sure of it, but Dhani Jones is the perfect example of how tackles are a bad stat to use to judge a player.

Dhani Jones lead the league in tackles, but any time I watched him, he seemed average at best. He made many tackles 8 yards past the LOS, and rarely made tackles in the backfield.

Alright, go ahead Fred, rip me up. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 07:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Go back and look at that post.  I used exaggerations to insult BOTH the haters and the lovers.

Lighten up.

But I thought you didn't insult people fred?

Caught in another fredlie 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 07:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I was reading this thread while bored at school earlier today, and one thing stood out to me.

There was a debate on whether tackles were a good stat to judge defensive players on. I say no.

Fred will debate this, I am sure of it, but Dhani Jones is the perfect example of how tackles are a bad stat to use to judge a player.

Dhani Jones lead the league in tackles, but any time I watched him, he seemed average at best. He made many tackles 8 yards past the LOS, and rarely made tackles in the backfield.

Alright, go ahead Fred, rip me up. Tongue

OK GCB - I'll take the bait.

That's a major exaggeration on your part.  He led the team in tackles because he was making tackles all over the field.  I agree that he wasn't a superstar but to dismiss his accomplishments to the team is just wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But I thought you didn't insult people fred?

Caught in another fredlie 

I didn't insult a single individual.  I just insulted the extremists who are too biased to be objective.  

Interesting to note which people got upset over my comments.

Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 04:34 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I think we can settle the Peko debate right here :

Any questions?
What does steam rolling a guy he outweighs by over a hundred pounds and was past his prime say about his ability as a DT?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote