Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peko news
(03-08-2017, 11:19 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Well can't Peko go elsewhere, and then we can do one of those feel good signings where he puts his signature on a one day contract to officially retire a Bengal several years from now?  Because I have to say, most of us are about done seeing Peko get pushed into our LB's after waving his arms in the air trying to pump up the crowd prior to the snap.

If we had depth at the position I'd agree. Who knows what we have in Billings though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 03:12 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I hope Peko signs a huge deal. Helps with the comp picks for next year.

This is where I stand. Thanks for your service...thanks for the cap space....thanks for the comp pick.
Reply/Quote
Peko hate? Please. When you're done, you're done, that's it. On we move. He sure wasn't good against the run last year. He lost me when he thought he was Batman in the playoff game. And then last year, he lost his game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:30 PM)Housh Wrote: WTF. How do you come right out and say this trash?
I see Peko HATE a lot on here and don't get it. Dude is a good DT and solid against the run when energized.

Damn, you ***** about how bad the team is all the time and then want to bring back one of the main reasons..

The Owner, the FO, the bad coaches and the bad players all these people are loyal to are the problems.
Reply/Quote
Peko and Maui Waui, I mean Maualuga, both need to retire to Oregon, grow weed, and market themselves as the new Cheech and Chong. They could have a sitcom with Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson. Wasn't Rey already in one movie?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, he's not good anymore..... and yet guys like Mike Zimmer are trying to sign him....
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, he's not good anymore..... and yet guys like Mike Zimmer are trying to sign him....

Here's hoping Zim succeeds.  And yes, he's not good anymore.  Where did we rank in run defense?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well I would suppose any deal they bring him back on would probably be a year for a whole lot less than that.....

I would too.....but then again....this the Bengals.  They overpaid for him and Maualuga on their last deals.  You never know what Mikey will do to reach the cap floor after lowballing the good talent.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:37 AM)McC Wrote: Here's hoping Zim succeeds.  And yes, he's not good anymore.  Where did we rank in run defense?

If team run defense is how you judge Peko then we need to get rid of Dunlap and Atkins also.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: In no way is that pekos fault. So I also don't understand the hate for a guy who's been here 12 years and just so happened to agree to a contract someone offered him. Who wouldn't say yes?

Didn't say it was....I was pointing to the FO for being dumbasses.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:14 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I see Peko making a vet min being a backup. Now if they're offering that kind of money it means they expect him to start. In no way am I fine with that. Rotational at 1 year vet min (around a million dollars)? I don't see the harm in that. If they find a better option you can release him. If not you have a decent backup. The risk reward is pretty low.

That's just it....he and Maualuga should be on vet minimum deals already.  I'm not hating on Peko.  The team is overpaying him and Rey.  Maybe that money could have signed an impact FA....or Zeitler would already be locked up.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:34 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, you ***** about how bad the team is all the time and then want to bring back one of the main reasons..

The Owner, the FO, the bad coaches and the bad players all these people are loyal to are the problems.

Sorry, Nate, but sometimes the fans are just wrong.  Peko is a perfect example.  For years he has gotten much more hate than he deserves.  Message boards and talk radio love to pick out a whipping boy on the roster, and over the years I have heard fans squealing about how Justin Smith was garbage, Andrew Whitworth did not have the skills to play OT and needed to be moved to guard, Leon Hall could not cover fast receivers, Andre Smith would never be a starter, and Andy Dalton was a scrub.  There were even a few clowns around here who tried to argue that Dre Kirkpatrick was the worst starting CB in the league in '15.  It gets ridiculous some times. Just because a lot of people on message boards and talk radio love to rip a guy that does not mean he is bad.

Peko's skills have declined now, but given the fact that we have no idea how good most of our current potential replacements (Williams, Hardison, Billings) are going to be it could be a good idea to re-sign Peko as insurance in case none of those guys turn out to be very good.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If team run defense is how you judge Peko then we need to get rid of Dunlap and Atkins also.

Except they can rush the passer....

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Didn't say it was....I was pointing to the FO for being dumbasses.

I wouldn't really argue that to much, but just that I don't understand why they take it out on Peko. Nobody in their right mind would turn down a multi-million dollar contract to do what they love. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Please someone sign him. I do like the guy, and he was a force. Keyword WAS . Now he is nothing more than a liability. He needs to go. We have some young kids , that I'm pretty high on, and they need to see the field. Sucks Billings got hurt last year, I honestly think this kid is going to be a monster. Please let peko walk.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately with Whit gone Peko is now a priority because Marvin has to keep a "good locker room guy" around and all that crap.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I wouldn't really argue that to much, but just that I don't understand why they take it out on Peko. Nobody in their right mind would turn down a multi-million dollar contract to do what they love. 

Well just to clarify my position, I think they should bring him back on a one year deal. I do not think he should get a huge contract. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 04:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys are ridiculous. Peko has been a great Bengal, and for years was a force on the line. Yes, he is getting older and needs more relief to still play. But, he has the game experience, the know how to stay healthy in this league (which is a biggie) and is a leader in the locker room, and that's exactly what you look for when you are looking for a mentor for a young player. The Peko hatred is ridiculous.
He stays healthy by avoiding contact with the opposing players!

How would you know he is/is not a leader in the locker room. If he is, WTF is he doing during halftime...it's not leading and motivating, that's for sure.

Face it Sledrunner, Peko is too old, too slow, and needs to go.
Reply/Quote
Now that we lost Whit and Zeitler...let Peko go and play Billings and some of the young DT's we have.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, Nate, but sometimes the fans are just wrong.  Peko is a perfect example.  For years he has gotten much more hate than he deserves.  Message boards and talk radio love to pick out a whipping boy on the roster, and over the years I have heard fans squealing about how Justin Smith was garbage, Andrew Whitworth did not have the skills to play OT and needed to be moved to guard, Leon Hall could not cover fast receivers, Andre Smith would never be a starter, and Andy Dalton was a scrub.  There were even a few clowns around here who tried to argue that Dre Kirkpatrick was the worst starting CB in the league in '15.  It gets ridiculous some times. Just because a lot of people on message boards and talk radio love to rip a guy that does not mean he is bad.

Peko's skills have declined now, but given the fact that we have no idea how good most of our current potential replacements (Williams, Hardison, Billings) are going to be it could be a good idea to re-sign Peko as insurance in case none of those guys turn out to be very good.

I agree that some players get it rough from the fans and talk radio and it is unfair at times. Justin Smith was a good player here,
Whitworth was a great player here (sucks to say was), Hall was a very good Corner who could cover fast Receivers, Andre was a
decent starter and i would even welcome him back but...

Peko besides 2015 has been an average to below average player for his entire career and was at best a good run stopper.

When you are the worst player at your position on the team this will happen.

Plus as you said Peko's skills have declined now.

It is time to move on to some DT's that have a chance at being more than just average.
Reply/Quote