Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Peko signs with Broncos
(03-11-2017, 07:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but why not? Peko was a fine run plugging DT for many years that occasionally helped collapse the pocket.

Sure, his play is slipping with age, but he was one of the better DT's in Bengals history over the course of his career, IMO.

On top of that, he was an iron man, playing all 16 games in 10 of his 11 seasons.

Off the top of my head? Being a 10 year veteran 1-technique and not recognizing a trap.  

And so help me God if anyone says "1-techs job is to eat up blocks".  True, but it's also not in the job description to end up at LB depth while eating those blocks.
Reply/Quote
Thank you Domata for your years of service well. You were a good Bengal on and off the field. Good luck. But glad the opportunity to resign him is gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 07:42 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Off the top of my head? Being a 10 year veteran 1-technique and not recognizing a trap.  

And so help me God if anyone says "1-techs job is to eat up blocks".  True, but it's also not in the job description to end up at LB depth while eating those blocks.

So very true. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Best of luck, Domata. Thanks for your years of service. Btw, good luck with that thin air in the Mile High City, it should work well with an older fat guy. Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Peko was a very good player for a very long time. Glad we didn't re-sign him, especially for that money, but I do wish him well. He'll have a real chance to win now.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Class act all the way.
Reply/Quote
Thank God this worthless guy is gone
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 07:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:
Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but why not? Peko was a fine run plugging DT for many years that occasionally helped collapse the pocket.

Sure, his play is slipping with age, but he was one of the better DT's in Bengals history over the course of his career, IMO.

On top of that, he was an iron man, playing all 16 games in 10 of his 11 seasons.

When only the front four are expected to generate a pass rush, you need all four to be able to rush. And when the sacks overall are down, every DL member is criticized. Peko was on the low end of the sack production spectrum. While it's respectable to have a run-plugging DT in a backup role, this DL needs a well-rounded DT from the NT position that both stuffs the run and gets pressure on the QB.

I believe Billings can be that guy the Bengals need. Just in case he's not, the Bengals also need a good nickel DT. They didn't have a good nickel DT last year, and it showed too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 08:24 PM)Trademark Wrote: Thank God this worthless guy is gone
[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
Twas time to move on for our stalwart guys from the strike season. Personally I'm happy to see this team getting young quick. It may be rough for a season or two, but new blood will soon take over. How soon is anyones guess. It could be our year or not. Only time will tell. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 08:15 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Class act all the way.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good luck Mr Peko. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 08:38 PM)grampahol Wrote: Twas time to move on for our stalwart guys from the strike season. Personally I'm happy to see this team getting young quick. It may be rough for a season or two, but new blood will soon take over. How soon is anyones guess. It could be our year or not. Only time will tell. 
Sooner if a couple long-tenured coaches are gone.
Reply/Quote
Amazing the fans think he is washed up, and obviously guys like Zimmer and Elway don't think so and see what he brings. I think I'll trust their opinions... at any rate, hate to see him go, he was a tremendous guy for the team and the city.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 08:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Amazing the fans think he is washed up, and obviously guys like Zimmer and Elway don't think so and see what he brings. I think I'll trust their opinions... at any rate, hate to see him go, he was a tremendous guy for the team and the city.

Oh how dare you? Ninja

For the record I personally don't think he's "washed up", just wish he was more consistent.  That said, I'm glad he'll be able to finish out his career on a good defense.
Reply/Quote
Denver needed a fullback....
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 08:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Amazing the fans think he is washed up, and obviously guys like Zimmer and Elway don't think so and see what he brings. I think I'll trust their opinions... at any rate, hate to see him go, he was a tremendous guy for the team and the city.

I for one never agreed with the hate he endured on this message board. 

Thought he was a solid player and a leader on and off the field. 

Always smiling as well.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
A really nice guy!

Wish him well with the Broncos!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Guy was certainly a great Bengal. His demeanor and smile will certainly be missed. But it was his time to go. I certainly wish him the best in Denver... Man, it's going to be weird seeing his mane flowing from the back of a different helmet, though.
Reply/Quote
No hate in my heart for Peko.

Best wishes to him and thanks for his service in Bengals stripes.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Call me a sour grapist, but if the Broncos wanted him for 2 years I'm starting to assume he isn't total crap. Onward, though! Guess we can't slag on the guy for wanting money over the chance at a ring, though. Well, possibly. Depends on who the Broncos get to play QB. Siemian and Lynch don't seem too hot.
Reply/Quote