Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Peko signs with Broncos
Thanks for the years Peko. You were a good guy for the city and enjoyed how hard you played.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Peko is the man and deserves a lot of respect from Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
Good for him. Glad they gave him that contract. Also glad the Bengals didn't give him that contract.

Stand up guy and class act.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Love Peko. He just never did much.

He would always seem to make one big play really early in the game, then disappear for the rest
Reply/Quote
I'm happy for Peko and I'm happy for us.

We really needed to move on from Peko. And we get to without Peko being left on the street.

And then the Broncos get a future coach at DT for a year or 2 to help them bring along their young'ns like Gotsis, Ray, Williams, Wolfe and, hell, even Miller could potentially learn something from him.

Win-win-win all around.
Reply/Quote
Well gosh, I'm really going to miss his stupid dance after his one good play of the game. I mean who are we going to use to get single blocked 5-7 yards back off the LoS every single play.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 06:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Peko can no longer be the whipping boy. I am taking notes of those trashing a class act like Peko and will see if our run defense takes a dive with the loss

TY Peko for leaving it all on the line for our team
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
All my long time favorites are leaving. Feels like the end of an era. Who's the longest tenured Bengal now?

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All my long time favorites are leaving. Feels like the end of an era. Who's the longest tenured Bengal now?

I'll give you a hint:  He yells at cops and spits on nurses.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:27 AM)JumboTron Wrote: I'll give you a hint:  He yells at cops and spits on nurses.

Was Pacman here pre-Dalton? I didn't think he was here when we still had Palmer. 

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was Pacman here pre-Dalton? I didn't think he was here when we still had Palmer. 

Yep, PacMan's first year was 2010. He had a bad injury mid-way through that season though.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Peko can no longer be the whipping boy. I am taking notes of those trashing a class act like Peko and will see if our run defense takes a dive with the loss

Ok. You've obviously bought into the Mike Brown way of thinking. We want to win football games not win the Miss America Pageant. He can go be a class act somewhere else I'd prefer a football player.
Reply/Quote
Peko was fun to watch, and sometimes hard to watch. I dwell on more of the positive moments. My favorite memory:
[Image: 1335543_o.gif]

But there were times that teams knew it was coming:
[Image: peko1_medium.gif]

Overall, I shared Peko's hate for the Steelers, so, Good Luck!

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 06:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: This team is getting younger

Younger is great until we see the quality of the youth the Bengals have come up with.

A 35 year old LT out worked, out muscled, out finessed, out agilitied a much younger player in Og. So we'll go with the young guys cause he's younger. That only makes sense in Mikey's bizzaro world.

Aging Nelson was let go for a younger Williams and Nelson put on a clinic out in Oakland.

Aging Andre Smith departs and we hand over RT to Og who single handedly made the O-line regress to a 90s look.

Now we expect Og to replace Whit, who was better at his position than Smith was at his. I don't see it.

We don't even offer Zeitler a contract when the team could have had him for $9M a year last year and now we're inserting Westerman who hasn't even taken a single snap in the NFL.

The D-line replacements have been so bad in Hunt, Still, Thompson and Hardison that we brought back Michael Johnson after he flopped down here in Tampa. At the least we and the front office has knows that the backup D-line has been dismal.

I still, after all these years, don't see that Mikey actually wants to win.

The drafts have just sucked for several years now. What looks like promising selections either never get on the field, are projects that just don't progress or are injured wiping out all or most of their rookie years. Dennard, Billings, Jackson, Kirkpatrick, Og and even McCarron all lost most of or all their rookie seasons. I also believe I missed a few in that list.

I'm all for youth getting in the game, but Mikey Brown has made an art out of f'ing it up.

Reply/Quote
It was time to move on, and I think it's probably a year or two too late in Peko's case. That said, he'll always indicate the beginning of the Bengals' defensive line no longer being a giant laughingstock. He wasn't a superstar, but he was a vast improvement from the quality of guys they'd drafted at DT from the lost decade through the Palmer-Lewis era.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Peko can no longer be the whipping boy. I am taking notes of those trashing a class act like Peko and will see if our run defense takes a dive with the loss

You're taking notes? Like with a little pad and pen?  Or did you make a big sanctimonious spread sheet of all your perceived slights?

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All my long time favorites are leaving. Feels like the end of an era. Who's the longest tenured Bengal now?

Pacman has technically been here the longest.

But Pat Sims has been around since 2008. Granted, he went to Oakland for 2 years.

After him?

Clark Harris. Rey Maualuga. Kevin Huber. And Michael Johnson.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Good Riddance , He was absolutely BRUTAL this past season. Watching that fat tub of goo getting thrown around like a rag doll made my blood boil and he provided zero pressure up front !!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 12:44 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Well gosh, I'm really going to miss his stupid dance after his one good play of the game.  I mean who are we going to use to get single blocked 5-7 yards back off the LoS every single play.

Want to know why you are not a GM for  Super bowl winning team?

You believe everything you read on message boards.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 07:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol yea I know I hate hearing that. Isn't that the coaches job. Everyone thinks Peko sucks (me included) so why would anyone want this guy to mentor.

I understand Peko hate even less than I understand Dalton hate...

Peko's job, as a 4-3 NT is to eat up space, blockers, and stuff the run.  We was VERY effective at his job, showed incredible durability over his career for such a position, and in his final year had to play almost 90% of the snaps as we watched Billings and Hardison go down.  He was supposed to be more of a rotational fit this year, and here he fills in for the injured players very well and never complains about a single thing.

I would take a whole team of guys like him that are good at their job and give 110% every snap.  
Reply/Quote