Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Peko signs with Broncos
(03-11-2017, 08:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Amazing the fans think he is washed up, and obviously guys like Zimmer and Elway don't think so and see what he brings. I think I'll trust their opinions... at any rate, hate to see him go, he was a tremendous guy for the team and the city.

C'mon Sled, you know everyone here has a significantly higher Football IQ than the likes of Zimmer, Elway, or Duke Tobin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I understand Peko hate even less than I understand Dalton hate...

Peko's job, as a 4-3 NT is to eat up space, blockers, and stuff the run.  We was VERY effective at his job, showed incredible durability over his career for such a position, and in his final year had to play almost 90% of the snaps as we watched Billings and Hardison go down.  He was supposed to be more of a rotational fit this year, and here he fills in for the injured players very well and never complains about a single thing.

I would take a whole team of guys like him that are good at their job and give 110% every snap.  

That's just it, a lot on here just parrot what they hear, and have no idea what Peko's role was supposed to be. We'll see hoe Geno's production does this year w/o Peko beside him. Of course that has a lot to do with how Billings plays...
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's just it, a lot on here just parrot what they hear, and have no idea what Peko's role was supposed to be. We'll see hoe Geno's production does this year w/o Peko beside him. Of course that has a lot to do with how Billings plays...

Good point, because I sure want him to succeed, but the % of snaps that Peko rolled with at that point in his career was impressive and I never saw the guy give anything less than his all.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huolfNTLgB0

This will always be a top highlight for me...
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 02:06 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Ok. You've obviously bought into the Mike Brown way of thinking. We want to win football games not win the Miss America Pageant. He can go be a class act somewhere else I'd prefer a football player.

Not at all, I understood the role he played on defense. He was our run stopper and demanded double teams letting Gene go one on one. Like I said let's see how our run defense fares in 2017 versus the last 5 years or so
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 03:34 AM)Burma Wrote: You're taking notes? Like with a little pad and pen?  Or did you make a big sanctimonious spread sheet of all your perceived slights?

Actually quite easy to spot those with no football knowledge in this forum.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 07:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Hey Elway!  Take Rey Maualuga too.  We're running a two for one special on Samoans....

[Image: IMAG1134-630x376.jpg]

Maybe he only wanted one box.

On a lighter note...woohoo, we're up to 3 comp picks next year!
Reply/Quote
I will miss him. Good locker room leader. Played hard his whole career here. May have slipped in play last year or two. But still played with heart. Always the one trying to get the fans into the game. He will be missed
Reply/Quote
Funny how the Broncos were always mentioned by some fans as one of the "smart" teams that know how to win championships.

But now those same fans are saying the Broncos are stupid because they signed Peko for more than the Bengals paid him last year.
Reply/Quote
The sanctimonious bullshit in this thread is about waist deep now. Do you each have your own pulpit or are you sharing one big one?

Some people like him, some don't. Get over it. Taking notes? Are you ***** kidding me?

The Bengals defense allowed 4.4 yds/carry last year and it was only that good because it improved when Burfict got back off suspension. Must be our anchor wasn't really all the anchorly. If you tell the truth about a guy, that doesn't make it hate.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
And yet the guys who actually get paid big money to know these things disagree....
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 01:29 AM)McC Wrote: The Bengals defense allowed 4.4 yds/carry last year and it was only that good because it improved when Burfict got back off suspension.

Yep, the problem had to be Peko if it got better when Burfict got back.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
I wish him well. Vance Joseph must think Peko has some worth. Between Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph, and Mike Zimmer, that's four head coaches who used to work for the Bengals. There will be a lot of interest in former Bengal players.
Reply/Quote
Peko is a class act and all Bengal fans have to appreciate his effort and great attitude.

It has been time for him to go for more than a year.

Wish him great success in what will be a much more limited role in Denver. Hope he gets a ring.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 06:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Now in Vance Joseph we have yet another former Bengal coach who is now a head coach and will want some of our players.  That makes Zimmer, Gruden, Joseph, and Jackson.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 12:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Actually quite easy to spot those with no football knowledge in this forum.

Yeah, it really is.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Has been a long time coming. So ready to see Billings take the spot. Think if he stays healthy he's going to be a monster
Reply/Quote
Peko was a class act around Cincy.  He played hard, and played well for many seasons. If they could have inked for the vet minimum, I would have been fine with him returning.  His play had slipped, and since we're so "cash strapped" every season, it was time to shed that salary.  Best wishes Domata, thank you for your time here, but it was time.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:33 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wish him well.  Vance Joseph must think Peko has some worth. Between Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph, and Mike Zimmer, that's four head coaches who used to work for the Bengals.  There will be a lot of interest in former Bengal players.

A lot of truth there Bonnie, and the Vance Joseph connection immediately came to mind when I heard he was heading to Denver.  I do have to say, I will miss those crushing goal line lead blocks though. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 02:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: A lot of truth there Bonnie, and the Vance Joseph connection immediately came to mind when I heard he was heading to Denver.  I do have to say, I will miss those crushing goal line lead blocks though. Smirk

Yes, since the Bengals are going to suck this year, I decided to have fun with the year anyway by following all four coaches when I'm not watching the Bengals.  Gruden I have the least interest in, but I'm interested do see how Zimmer comes back from the Norv Turner abandonment (I blame Norv), how Joseph does in his first year as HC, and whether or not Hue can turn the Browns around.
Reply/Quote
Good for Peko and the Bengals.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote