Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penei goes 2 overall, who do you pick?
(01-06-2021, 01:39 PM)Takedown Wrote: How is Parsons in coverage?

I would say his best trait is as a run defender.  In 26 games, 191 tackles, 18 TFL, 6 1/2 sacks, 5 passes defended, 0 ints, 6 forced fumbles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd will be 29 when his contract expires, so he's a pretty easy choice to lose.  He will not have many good years left when his contract is up. If you're smart, you extend Tee after year 3 to spread out the cap hit, anyways, and be looking to draft a younger, cheaper replacement for Boyd regardless of taking a WR early this year or not.

You run into a similar situation at T if you take one at 5, though.  You will have to pay big money to keep them and Jonah or let one walk.  

29 is still young enough that he would likely be worth a 3rd contract of maybe 3 years with an optional out after 2 years, if he's still performing as one of the best slot receivers in the league. 

As far as the tackle situation, I think it's much more common to give two tackles 2nd contracts than it is to give 3 WRs 2nd contracts. Especially given the importance of the tackle position. I don't think they'd need to let either walk in any situation assuming they're both successful.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: Harris is a FA and it's a very weak FA class for LS.  It's a big time need, so who cares if it's a reach?

Hey, those dudes don't grow on trees. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
1. Sewell
2. Chase
3.trade down
4.BPA
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hey, those dudes don't grow on trees. 

It's not like you can just roll on down to Wal-Mart and find one.
Reply/Quote
It’s pretty early but I feel kind of good about 5 now. As long as two QBs go before us. Give me one of Penei, Surtain, or Rousseau at 5 or trade back and I will be very pleased.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:39 PM)Takedown Wrote: How is Parsons in coverage?

He is a solid, his strength though pass rush since  he played some def. End snd coming downhill closing gaps..
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 08:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is a solid, his strength though pass rush since  he played some def. End snd coming downhill closing gaps..

With 6.5 sacks in two seasons?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 11:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: With 6.5 sacks in two seasons?
Called a skill , stats dont reflect ot always because system at times and did not play this year ., just all around excellent LB that has attributes to be a stud in NFL, he might not even make it to #5 but if there should be considered if Sewell is gone but I think Sewell is sliding is might be there at "5 unless we fill Oline with proven FAs.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 11:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: With 6.5 sacks in two seasons?

I’m not on the Parsons train as much as a few others, but from a lb he can do everything pretty well.

I think his only real knock is his inexperience which also can lead to struggles with diagnosing plays. I honestly don’t think there’s any other problem with him. Honestly you can do a lot worse if tgey picked Parsons at 5.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:13 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’m not on the Parsons train as much as a few others, but from a lb he can do everything pretty well.

I think his only real knock is his inexperience which also can lead to struggles with diagnosing plays. I honestly don’t think there’s any other problem with him. Honestly you can do a lot worse if tgey picked Parsons at 5.

Well, I mean sure, they could completely reach on the an OT or pass rusher or something, but I don’t want anything to do with a LB at 5.

Someone might say that’s a bit hypocritical since I’m down to take a TE that high, but Pitts would have a much bigger impact right away, imo. Whatever made a good point in another thread that a lot of these top 10 LBers taken recently have made little to no impact yet, or have been actively bad so far.

That position seems to take more time to really develop, and I think we should be going all in while Burrow is on his rookie contract. An elite weapon like Chase or Pitts is going to help immediately.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I mean sure, they could completely reach on the an OT or pass rusher or something, but I don’t want anything to do with a LB at 5.

Someone might say that’s a bit hypocritical since I’m down to take a TE that high, but Pitts would have a much bigger impact right away, imo. Whatever made a good point in another thread that a lot of these top 10 LBers taken recently have made little to no impact yet, or have been actively bad so far.

That position seems to take more time to really develop, and I think we should be going all in while Burrow is on his rookie contract. An elite weapon like Chase or Pitts is going to help immediately.

I saw those stats. They were pretty crazy and makes me think Wilson and ADG will develop into good players in season 2 and 3. But if not Sewell then chase Smith and Pitts are all players I’d want to see drafted.

I mean, if you think about it, drafting Pitts would make for a huge impact at the position. I mean,they just sent a te to the pro bowl with like 500 yards and like 5 tds this year. Pitts coming into this league us a top 10 te right away. That’s pretty impactful for a rookie if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
I think using #5 pick for TE is way too high and a reach pick especially in our offense system, if we go offense with #5 i would take a WR over TE..
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think using #5 pick for TE is way too high and a reach pick especially in our offense system, if we go offense with #5 i would take a WR over TE..

Hockenson is a recent example of a TE going almost as high (8th in 2019), and he’s already a Pro Bowler in just his second year.

And Pitts is a way better prospect in terms of playmaking. He had 12 TD’s in 8 games this season. He’s just an absolute matchup nightmare.

Also, “ZT doesn’t use TE’s” is not a good reason. I assure you, he would if he had this kid.

Reply/Quote
Not to mention Taylor will more than likely be gone after next season.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 08:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is a solid, his strength though pass rush since  he played some def. End snd coming downhill closing gaps..

Micah Parsons has never played Defensive End in college but he did in High School. His processing is below average because of what they asked him to do at Penn State. Parsons had alot of single gap and blitzing responsibilities and low amounts of 2 gap reads and coverage snaps. The way he was used is very similar to how Devin White was used at LSU.

Parsons is an incredible athlete and wont surprise me if he runs a sub 4.4. He has the height weight length teams covet and a natural feel for attacking blockers. 

As I said about Devin White applies to Parsons. He is a boom or bust type of prospect.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
TE does not much of a track record in 1st round with impact...most of your elite TEs today were drafted outside of 1st round.

Kelce 3rd round
Kittle 5th round
Ertz 2nd round
Waller- was drafted later rounds as a WR
Gesicki- 2nd round pic

Most recent first rounder
T J Hockenson was 8th pick 2019.. has been solid
Noah Fant- late 1st round 2019 has been solid

So the track record for TEs seems to be outside of 1st round you can find solid ones..#5 just seems too high....
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think using  #5 pick for TE is way too high and a reach pick especially in our  offense system, if we go offense with #5 i would take a WR over TE..

Kyle Pitts isn't just a TE he is a WR/TE hybrid similar to what you see with Darren Waller for the Raiders. Pitts would fit perfectly inside or even outside in all of those empty set 5 wide formations and as the F in two TE sets for playactions.

CJ Uzomah received 11 targets and 8 receptions in a game and a half this year as the TE-F I can see Pitts becoming apart of the offense very easily. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: TE does not much of a track record in 1st round with impact...most of your elite TEs today were drafted outside of 1st round.

Kelce 3rd round
Kittle 5th round
Ertz 2nd round
Waller- was drafted later rounds as a WR
Gesicki- 2nd round pic

Most recent first rounder
T J Hockenson was 8th pick 2019.. has been solid
Noah Fant- late 1st round 2019 has been solid

So the track record for TEs seems to be outside of 1st round you can find solid ones..#5 just seems too high....

And you can say the same about linebackers too.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Kyle Pitts isn't just a TE he is a WR/TE hybrid similar to what you see with Darren Waller for the Raiders. Pitts would fit perfectly inside or even outside in all of those empty set 5 wide formations and as the F in two TE sets for playactions.

CJ Uzomah received 11 targets and 8 receptions in a game and a half this year as the TE-F I can see Pitts becoming apart of the offense very easily. 

That’s why I’m more than ok with Pitts at 5. He can line up at both and excel at both positions.
Reply/Quote