Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penei goes 2 overall, who do you pick?
Try another Cordy Glenn type move. Trade down receive a veteran player and stay in the first round, preferably acquire another draft pick.

Too many holes. We can’t just pick what falls to us with our top 10 pick. We need to be proactive and try to maximize the value of picking so hight
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 04:48 PM)Okeana Wrote: I agree I think the Picks at 5 or 6 goes to Parsons, chase, or pitts.  It feels bad to take a TE in the top 10, but he is talented... I just don't know if our coaching staff will use him well enough to justify the pick.  Parsons feels like a generational middle linebacker, but are those guys worth the value investment in the top 10 these days, and Chase is a great prospect and really feels like an aquan boldin style receiver that could help replace the void as the 2nd receiver.

Who becomes our 3rd WR Boyd or Higgins?

As to the OP: I'm going to continue to bang the drum for Gregory Rousseau, but for some reason folks have him dropping. 

But at this point in the draft to me it's more like: who do you not want and for me it's WR. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who becomes our 3rd WR Boyd or Higgins?

As to the OP: I'm going to continue to bang the drum for Gregory Rousseau, but for some reason folks have him dropping. 

But at this point in the draft to me it's more like: who do you not want and for me it's WR. 

I think Chase is your #1, Higgs is your #1b, and Boyd is your slot.  Chase is the best route runner, physical WR that has experience with Burrow.  Higgs is your tall possession receiver that offers down the field presence, and Boyd is your under guy.  I never see Burrow as being the guy who will need a burner so that core really makes sense for his style of play.  

I agree with you that we need a pass rusher, but for me its the most bang or bust position and unless your getting a guy like Chase young its hard to pass up on guys like Sewell, Parsons, Pitts, or Chase who have very little bust potential imo.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We are projecting to pick 5th if we lose next week.

Still in the hunt for sewell
Reply/Quote
Waddle is best fit at WR but Parsons just seems th impact player we are missing.
Reply/Quote

Those numbers don't matter. The Bengals run a buttload of 11 personnel and the smart move is to mix them up. No need to keep pigeon-holing guys into antiquated systems and terminologies in 2021. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 09:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Waddle is best fit at WR but Parsons just seems th impact player we are missing.

How and why?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Agreed.

I'd be happy with sewell or rousseau. Both fit big needs
Reply/Quote

Depends on how everyone plays.  Chase has the makings of a legit #1 perennial Pro Bowl type WR.  Whether he is that as a rookie is a different story.  Thing is, Boyd is 28th in receiving yards this year and was 25th last year, so if people are saying he's a #1, he's a low end #1 and better suited as a #2.  

The problem with Rousseau is he's an edge that can't win off the edge.  The overwhelming majority of his sacks came with him lined up inside.  If you leave him as an edge, you will probably have to kick him inside to get some pass rush out of him on 3rd downs.  Or, he may have to bulk up and become a 3T or 5T.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 11:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m not a fan of trading out of the top 10 if there is elite talent available. While this team and most others do have multiple positions to fill, we are also lacking elite talent. I’m not talking good players, I’m talking pro bowl, all-pro, future HOF level and I think our best shot at a player like that is the Top 10. With 3 QB’s likely going, maybe 4, in the Top 10, that’s going to push down elite guys like Sewell, Surtain, Chase, Pitts, etc.

Completely agree. The higher we pick the likelier it is we’ll get a true impact player. Yes, you can point to John Ross, but I’ll point to Joe Burrow and AJ Green.

Reply/Quote
You pick Chase or another top WR.

Sign a competent TE to add with CJ & Sample.

Even if you think this team is "set" in those position groups, good depth for offense is key.

When CJ went down our TEs were non-existent in yards/TDs. 2 TDs! That is pathetic.

Zac needs to put on his big boy pants and utilize them in his offense.

Boyd or Higgins go down during the season we can't count on players like Erickson/Thomas to fill the void.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 11:33 AM)Whatever Wrote: Depends on how everyone plays.  Chase has the makings of a legit #1 perennial Pro Bowl type WR.  Whether he is that as a rookie is a different story.  Thing is, Boyd is 28th in receiving yards this year and was 25th last year, so if people are saying he's a #1, he's a low end #1 and better suited as a #2.  

The problem with Rousseau is he's an edge that can't win off the edge.  The overwhelming majority of his sacks came with him lined up inside.  If you leave him as an edge, you will probably have to kick him inside to get some pass rush out of him on 3rd downs.  Or, he may have to bulk up and become a 3T or 5T.

He was higher before Burrow went down. 69 (6.9rpg), 710 (71.0ypg), 3 (0.3tdpg)

Projected season stats: 110 / 1,136 / 5. That would put him top 5 in catches and top 15 in yards.

I agree about Rousseau. I don't think he's going to be a top end ED in the NFL. 

Reply/Quote
Wasn't sure where to put this. Figure it's as good here as anywhere. 

There's been a lot of talk about Kyle Pitts in the 1st. Hear me out on this because i've pushed back on it, a lot, in the past.

I think we have a Kyle Pitts already on the roster and i think you may know where i'm going with this. 

Auden Tate. 

Get someone on the staff to work with him this entire offseason, nutritionist, lifting program, concept, route running. Get him to add 10-12lbs to his frame and there's no more posts about Tate, his value and what he is. It solves the problem of getting him on the field with other WR ahead of him (yeeeeeees, because of his speed) and it gives you a reliable hands tweener TE, like Pitts. 

This is the kind of thing other teams do on occasion and it would be nice to watch all the segments on how a Bengals converted WR is tearing it up at TE next year and i think it upgrades the TE position without having to use a pick.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 12:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wasn't sure where to put this. Figure it's as good here as anywhere. 

There's been a lot of talk about Kyle Pitts in the 1st. Hear me out on this because i've pushed back on it, a lot, in the past.

I think we have a Kyle Pitts already on the roster and i think you may know where i'm going with this. 

Auden Tate. 

Get someone on the staff to work with him this entire offseason, nutritionist, lifting program, concept, route running. Get him to add 10-12lbs to his frame and there's no more posts about Tate, his value and what he is. It solves the problem of getting him on the field with other WR ahead of him (yeeeeeees, because of his speed) and it gives you a reliable hands tweener TE, like Pitts. 

This is the kind of thing other teams do on occasion and it would be nice to watch all the segments on how a Bengals converted WR is tearing it up at TE next year and i think it upgrades the TE position without having to use a pick.

I was pretty against this idea when people kept suggesting it, but honestly Tate isn’t really working out as a WR. I really thought he’d take the next step this season, especially with Burrow here, but he just didn’t take advantage. I’m not sure he’s ever going to be WR3 material.

And for what it’s worth I know he’s said he’s be willing to move to TE.

https://theathletic.com/615880/2018/10/26/auden-tate-would-be-willing-to-help-fill-bengals-tight-end-void/

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was pretty against this idea when people kept suggesting it, but honestly Tate isn’t really working out as a WR. I really thought he’d take the next step this season, especially with Burrow here, but he just didn’t take advantage. I’m not sure he’s ever going to be WR3 material.

And for what it’s worth I know he’s said he’s be willing to move to TE.

https://theathletic.com/615880/2018/10/26/auden-tate-would-be-willing-to-help-fill-bengals-tight-end-void/

Oh shit. I haven't seen that. 

The only thing is, do the Bengals brain trust have the ability to do something like this? I could see him on any number of teams, make the switch and succeed...but i'm not too confident the Bengals have the sight or ability to pull it off.

Reply/Quote
I'll pick whatever it takes to protect Joe Burrow, whether directly (like another OL prospect or a fat wrecking ball RB) or indirectly (like an Edge rusher, island CB, disruptive MLB to keep the other side score low).
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Between Chase, Waddle, and Smith, I think there's a really high likelihood that the Bengals will take a receiver in the first. Value-wise, if Parsons is gone, which he likely will be, there isn't a defensive player worth taking at 6, and after Sewell, the OL are a bit more of a risk. I'd throw Pitts into that mix as well.

I like guys like Slater, Surtain, and Rousseau if I'm picking at 10 or 15, but not at 5-7. You have to take the better player here.

I'd like to see them get Chase, then sign Kyle Rudolph in FA, which should be reasonable. You can take care of OL and defense in rounds 2&3 and FA.
Reply/Quote
I'd pick Parsons all day long. He's a generational type talent he can any of linebacking positions . Reminds me of Lawrence Taylor with a blend of Patrick Willis.
Reply/Quote
I'd take Chase, to give Burrow another familiar target, and look to pick up FA line help along with 2nd rd draft pick
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 02:21 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I'll pick whatever it takes to protect Joe Burrow, whether directly (like another OL prospect or a fat wrecking ball RB) or indirectly (like an Edge rusher, island CB, disruptive MLB to keep the other side score low).

This is where I'm at.  Bengals don't need to add more weapons, Joe Burrow is a weapon and will elevate the weapons on the roster around him.  What they need to do is protect him, and build a defense that will continue to give him the ball back.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote