Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People That Will Blindly Vote For Biden.....
(08-10-2020, 02:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This highlights the problem with anecdotal evidence in discussion of policy. There are always going to be exceptions to anything, but when you look at the larger scale and the systems in place it is interesting to see things play out. What you are describing, the program itself, wouldn't be found everywhere. I have seen students come out of high school with a 3.5 GPA and end up flipping burgers because they didn't have access to post-secondary education. A lot of research has gone into these things and it's always very enlightening to look at the data showing the inequities in our educational system in this country.

Did they not have access or were there other circumstances? Maybe they need to help support there family. Maybe they have a kid of their own and can't take the time to go college. Maybe they just don't want to go to college. If someone has 3.5 GPA coming out of high school they are not flipping burgers because a college won't enroll them.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 02:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And yet when Obama claws his way up and becomes president the neo-cons tear him down and stop their feet and whine until they can give us another man born into billions.  

Obviously I didn't vote for Obama. WTS I really had high hopes that our first "black" president would unite the country but all I saw from him was division. He had the opportunity to go down in history as the man that united the races and he blew it by making the divide even wider.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 02:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Then it is impossible to make claims about the poor, the middle class, and various cultures if you can only speak for your one district.

Which is why I said I can only speak about my district. Really? I'm trying to have an educated conversation and you chime in with that tid bit? Come on.
And I came from a hard working middle class family where dad worked and mom stayed home.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:37 PM)Mer Wrote: Obviously I didn't vote for Obama. WTS I really had high hopes that our first "black" president would unite the country but all I saw from him was division. He had the opportunity to go down in history as man that united the races and he blew it by making the divide even wider.

Well, at least you've given up on the pipe dream of uniting the country as your support of Trump would indicate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:31 PM)Mer Wrote: Again, I can only speak of my own experience. At my former district there was a lot of the victim mentality. There seems to be a lack of responsibility. It starts at home. People are the products of what they've grown up with. And what they've grown up with is normal (good or bad). 

Our current school district contains so many people with different socioeconomic backgrounds I wouldn't dare attempt to stereotype an entire school district like you are attempting to do.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, at least you've given up on the pipe dream of uniting the country as your support of Trump would indicate.

So saying I was hoping Obama would unite the races is the same thing as not wanting it because I support Trump? Wow!!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:47 PM)Mer Wrote: So saying I was hoping Obama would unite the races is the same thing as not wanting it because I support Trump? Wow!!

See, this goes back to drawing inferences based upon observable actions and not a list of marketing-oriented bullet points. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: See, this goes back to drawing inferences based upon observable actions and not a list of marketing-oriented bullet points. 

If you say so.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:40 PM)Mer Wrote: Which is why I said I can only speak about my district. Really? I'm trying to have an educated conversation and chime in with that tid bit? Come on.
And I came from a hard working middle class family where dad worked and mom stayed home.

Educated?

Our school district includes the entire county with various types of schools from not so great to excellent, from the "inner city" to the suburbs and various magnet programs.  To make sweeping generalizations and stereotypes of an entire school district is pretty ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 04:01 PM)Mer Wrote: If you say so.

Well, you don't buy the left-wing hype about Biden so you're clearly able to ignore talking points and marketing fluff aren't you?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Haliburton, ON? That's about an hour and a half northeast from where I live! Big Grin

We are super-spoiled here when it comes to nature, I must admit Wink

That would be the place. Absolutely loved it, there. My troop would go up every three years. It was a fantastic time.

(08-10-2020, 03:35 PM)Mer Wrote: Did they not have access or were there other circumstances? Maybe they need to help support there family. Maybe they have a kid of their own and can't take the time to go college. Maybe they just don't want to go to college. If someone has 3.5 GPA coming out of high school they are not flipping burgers because a college won't enroll them.

Couldn't afford college. 3.5 GPA doesn't mean you're getting a scholarship or grant. He could've gone if he could've afforded it, but the money wasn't there. In his case he did have a job during high school which meant he was unable to do the extracurriculars that make an application both for college and for grants/scholarships look good. There's a lot to it, but the main thing is that it was a lack of access to education.

I've seen a lot of things like this. I grew up in and still live in a community that has a heavy reliance on free/reduced lunch, meaning we have a lot of impoverished students. I also work in higher education and am a policy analyst/auditor. I have worked on projects to help people running for office and in office come up with potential solutions for solving education inequities (among other issues), literally having to help write a white paper on the issue. It's amazing stuff to dig into.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 04:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Educated?

Our school district includes the entire county with various types of schools from not so great to excellent, from the "inner city" to the suburbs and various magnet programs.  To make sweeping generalizations and stereotypes of an entire school district is pretty ridiculous.

That's great and I won't argue with you about it since anyone with common sense would realize it would be inappropriate since its not my district.

Reply/Quote
I really wish someone would give me an example of these things. Don't tell me he hates the country and constitution. Give me an example. Don't tell me he's a racist. Give me an example. All I here are people that don't like Trump for this reason or that but very few, if any, will actually give a real example of what he's done.

The typical tactic is... Well give me an example of why Biden this or that. Because they have nothing to base it on except pure speculation from what they've heard.

I'm here. I'm listening. Please someone step up to the plate with a real example.

Does he insult people by calling them sleepy Joe, crooked Hillary, or nervous Nancy. Yes!!! Heck even I'll say that but I've yet to read a real example of what he's done so wrong as to make him out as a bad president not worthy of reelection.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 05:19 PM)Mer Wrote: I really wish someone would give me an example of these things. Don't tell me he hates the country and constitution. Give me an example. Don't tell me he's a racist. Give me an example. All I here are people that don't like Trump for this reason or that but very few, if any, will actually give a real example of what he's done.

The typical tactic is... Well give me an example of why Biden this or that. Because they have nothing to base it on except pure speculation from what they've heard.

I'm here. I'm listening. Please someone step up to the plate with a real example.

Does he insult people by calling them sleepy Joe, crooked Hillary, or nervous Nancy. Yes!!! Heck even I'll say that but I've yet to read a real example of what he's done so wrong as to make him out as a bad president not worthy of reelection.

1. Nobody ITT has said he hates the country; just that he doesn't love it either. And there doesn't need to be an example; as you so poignantly put it, he has enough money, fame, etc., so why would he be president? Not because he loves the country, but because he's selfish, narcissistic and like all men with power, he wants more power (sorry to quote the Matrix again lol).

2. Really? He's racist because he publicly demeans people of colour and wants to send all the immigrants back to where they came from (sorry, "non-skilled immigrants that won't put money in my pocket, indirectly."). That's even more blatant than #1.

As for the nickname part of your post, surely, I don't need to educate an educator, on the concepts of class, dignity and good behavior.

People in his position, should be classy, educated (of which he isn't) and mature, STATESMAN. Not raucous frat boys that chirp and jeer their counterparts. Do you think people that grew up under TR, FDR (well, some of those people are still alive), Eisenhower et. al, could ever fathom that the PRESIDENT of the United States, could ever compose himself and speak the way Trump does?

And this isn't even mentioned those who lived under Lincoln, the founding fathers, etc.; hell, Grant wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed who could do big things as a man of power and grace, but at least he acted the part.

EDIT* I'm not even American or have ties to the country and I can see this, clearly and vividly; if a shit-ton of us Canadians can see the farce that Trump is, how do you think the rest of the world views him, his behavior and his results as?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 05:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. Nobody ITT has said he hates the country; just that he doesn't love it either. And there doesn't need to be an example; as you so poignantly put it, he has enough money, fame, etc., so why would he be president? Not because he loves the country, but because he's selfish, narcissistic  and like all men with power, he wants more power (sorry to quote the Matrix again lol).

2. Really? He's racist because he publicly demeans people of colour and wants to send all the immigrants back to where they came from (sorry, "non-skilled immigrants that won't put money in my pocket, indirectly."). That's even more blatant than #1.

As for the nickname part of your post, surely, I don't need to educate an educator, on the concepts of class, dignity and good behavior.

People in his position, should be classy, educated (of which he isn't) and mature, STATESMAN. Not raucous frat boys that chirp and jeer their counterparts. Do you think people that grew up under TR, FDR (well, some of those people are still alive), Eisenhower et. al, could ever fathom that the PRESIDENT of the United States, could ever compose himself and speak the way Trump does?

And this isn't even mentioned those who lived under Lincoln, the founding fathers, etc.; hell, Grant wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed who could do big things as a man of power and grace, but at least he acted the part.

EDIT* I'm not even American or have ties to the country and I can see this, clearly and vividly; if a shit-ton of us Canadians can see the farce that Trump is, how do you think the rest of the world views him, his behavior and his results as?

To your first point, that's just an opinion. Which means nothing and isn't an example.
The fact that's he's already rich, famous, and powerful more supports that he's willing to give up an easier life to help the country he loves.

Again, just talk. No example of racism, just he's racist. 

The immigrants he wants to send back are illegal immigrants. Do you think your country wants undocumented people crossing the border illegally? 

He's come right out and said immigrants are welcome if they come in legally.

Please someone give me a real example. Not your opinion.

BTW I love your country. It's absolutely beautiful and I spent many summers up near Temagami (sp). But I really don't care if other countries citizens like or dislike our president. I just want a president that puts the United States of America first as all people should want for their own nation.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 05:54 PM)Mer Wrote: To your first point, that's just an opinion. Which means nothing and isn't an example.
The fact that's he's already rich, famous, and powerful more supports that he's willing to give up an easier life to help the country he loves.

Again, just talk. No example of racism, just he's racist. 

The immigrants he wants to send back are illegal immigrants. Do you think your country wants undocumented people crossing the border illegally? 

He's come right out and said immigrants are welcome if they come in legally.

Please someone give me a real example. Not your opinion.

Thanks for spinning my facts as opinion; truly, you guys (Trumpers) will believe whatever you want to believe.

Ever hear the term,, "actions speak louder than words?" Yeah, thought so.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 05:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thanks for spinning my facts as opinion; truly, you guys (Trumpers) will believe whatever you want to believe.

Ever hear the term,, "actions speak louder than words?" Yeah, thought so.

There were no facts. Just blanketed statements is all. Where are your examples?

I asked for someone to give me examples and you chimed in but there weren't any examples. Just anti Trump rhetoric.

I've already mentioned his rudeness of calling people names. There are plenty of times I wish he was more presidential and took the high road but that's who he is. He says what he's thinking good or bad. The only thing that has slowed this economy is the overblown virus.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 06:00 PM)Mer Wrote: There were no facts. Just blanketed statements is all. Where are your examples?

1. Abolishes a pandemic response team, that his predecessor (W) and Obama sought to set up, which *had the potential* to curtail this virus.
2. Goes golfing weekly, instead of doing stuff in office.
3. Goes to rallies (Tulsa) that have spread the Coronavirus to a bunch of his followers, instead of doing it remotely/on video/etc.

That's for, "love the country," and these are just things he's done in the past few months.

1. Let's build a wall to keep people out; sure, because all illegal immigrants come from Mexico/Central America, right? There's no racist undertone there at all...
2. "Kung Flu," "Chinese Virus." Admittedly, there aren't ZOMG SUPER RACISM!!!!, but Obama or even W wouldn't be so crass as to attach derogatory names to it.
3. Some instances now:
- 1973: refusing to house Blacks in his housing... communities, I guess we can say.
- "Black people counting my money, I hate it! The only people I want counting my money are short guys with Kipas." (paraphrasing)
- 2016 or whenever, when he put travel bans to specific Muslim countries and proposed a ban on Muslim immigrants. Now, that's more religion than race, buut...

I will admit I needed to research the example of racism, as I only read what is written, but the first part I thought up off the top of my head.

I have found your examples, presented them and now the ball is in your court; funny how you never commented on my behavior/class statements.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 06:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. Abolishes a pandemic response team, that his predecessor (W) and Obama sought to set up, which *had the potential* to curtail this virus.
3. Goes to rallies (Tulsa) that have spread the Coronavirus to a bunch of his followers, instead of doing it remotely/on video/etc.

That's for, "love the country," and these are just things he's done in the past few months.

1. Let's build a wall to keep people out; sure, because all illegal immigrants come from Mexico/Central America, right? There's no racist undertone there at all...
2. "Kung Flu," "Chinese Virus." Admittedly, there aren't ZOMG SUPER RACISM!!!!, but Obama or even W wouldn't be so crass as to attach derogatory names to it.
3. Some instances now:
- 1973: refusing to house Blacks in his housing... communities, I guess we can say.
- "Black people counting my money, I hate it! The only people I want counting my money are short guys with Kipas." (paraphrasing)
- 2016 or whenever, when he put travel bans to specific Muslim countries and proposed a ban on Muslim immigrants. Now, that's more religion than race, buut...

I will admit I needed to research the example of racism, as I only read what is written, but the first part I thought up off the top of my head.

I have found your examples, presented them and now the ball is in your court; funny how you never commented on my behavior/class statements.

Also referred to the Central Park 5 as animals in a full page ad in the New York Times calling for their execution. He also stated that he hated them. Birtherism has pretty racist overtones... But you already pointed out that he practiced housing discrimination in the 70s... Pretty damning... Oh, and his fixer Michael Cohen came out and testified that he's a racist... Because he is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 06:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. Abolishes a pandemic response team, that his predecessor (W) and Obama sought to set up, which *had the potential* to curtail this virus.

3. Some instances now:

I'll respond in order:

1. He left it up to the states to decide how they were going to handle the virus. If he'd have tried to do it you all would scream dictator.
2. I'm not sure if goes golfing every week but if it helps him relax and clear his mind I hope you're right. Funny how when Obama golfed a lot no one said a word.
3. What good is a rally if you can't be there. No one was forced to go.
1. Actually the racist under tone is you assuming all Central American and Mexicans are  not white like him. If you have a hole in the dam where water is pouring out don't you plug that hole? I'm sure if thousands of Canadians were illegally coming across the northern border he'd want to build a wall there as well. The irony is less than 10 years ago Pelosi, Biden, and many other Democrats were calling for a wall but now that it's Trump's idea, no way.
2. I admitted he's rude with his name calling.
3. You really had to search to find this one. I can't dispute the source but it was 47 years ago. Are you the same person now you were 47 years ago? I sure hope not. 

The ban on Muslims was for nations known to harbor terrorists that want to attack this country. He's protecting the people of this nation as he should.

Reply/Quote