Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
People are buying into the media narrative..
I am really sick of this narrative that the Bengals players are some kind of dirty scumbag team. I clicked random blogs and youtube videos and was reading the comments and this is what they said,

"I'm a cowboys fan and I watched the game, I've never seen more dirty team than the bengals"

"Bengals are a Friggen joke, burfict should be banned "

"Bengals are the dirtiest team in football"

Wait, what did I miss? Where exactly did the bengals show they were the dirtiest team in the NFL? It's because the NFL media has a narrative. No one outside Bengals fans know what we have gone through here with the Steelers targeting players to win the game. (Palmer,huber,eifert,gio,etc). After the no call on Gio, the Bengals knew they were getting jobbed so they starting playing like the Steelers. The Bengals earned the playoff game, the stoolers were lucky to even be there. Steelers got away with murder the whole game..
The burfict hit was not an illegals hit, yet gets called for a PF??
Then jones gets a PF for a coach taunting him on the field??

THE BENGALS DID NOT PLAY DIRTY, THEY PLAYED LIKE STEELERS! SO SICK OF EVERYONE PAINTING THE BENGALS OUT AS THE BAD GUYS! They lost because of the fumble, not because they did some cheap shots.

Sorry if this is all over the place, took about 30 min with breaks in between.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:46 AM)tjcase85 Wrote: I am really sick of this narrative that the Bengals players are some kind of dirty scumbag team. I clicked random blogs and youtube videos and was reading the comments and this is what they said,

"I'm a cowboys fan and I watched the game, I've never seen more dirty team than the bengals"

Wait, what did I miss? Where exactly did the bengals show they were the dirtiest team in the NFL? It's because the NFL media has a narrative. No one outside Bengals fans know what we have gone through here with the Steelers targeting players to win the game. (Palmer,huber,eifert,gio,etc). After the no call on Gio, the Bengals knew they were getting jobbed so they starting playing like the Steelers. The Bengals earned the playoff game, the stoolers were lucky to even be there. Steelers got away with murder the whole game..

THE BENGALS DID NOT PLAY DIRTY, THEY PLAYED LIKE STEELERS! SO SICK OF EVERYONE PAINTING THE BENGALS OUT AS THE BAD GUYS! They lost because of the fumble, not because they did some cheap shots.

I honestly don't know anymore..

Burfict's hit was illegal, It was serious targeting. Insane how Marvin can't control his own team.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Say a lie long enough and as many times as you can with little to no opposition and it becomes the truth.

Hell, people still think Palin said "I can see Russia from my house" and that Romney "Cheated on his taxes".
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I forgot to mention that the steelers coaches were putting their hands on the bengals while taunting them. I cannot believe it...
Reply/Quote
Players blew it. Burfict hit was disgusting, Jones was an idiot. Marvin did nothing on the sideline. Was it fair? No. Doesnt matter. Team lost their cool when it mattered most. Game over.

Reply/Quote
The narrative is easy to sell if you're a disinterested observer.

And they did sell the hell out of it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But really what did Jones do?  Push someone. In a game like that, Porter on the field inciting (a coach), Munchek and Reggie (a coach), Shazier leading with the crown of his helmet outside the tackle box , pushing, fighting,,,, on and on. Coaches can't be purposely inciting other teams players by being physical with them ( This has Mike Tomlin written all over it - it's underhanded and against the rules - It's what he is all about) . It's against the rules. And like always the NFL will do nothing because it is the Steelers. Roger Goedell will act like it didn't happen.  Phil Simms and Mike Carey will say to the national audience that oh no that wasn't a penalty . And no penalty flags were thrown for it. There is a history of the Steelers doing this and the NFL does nothing. The NFL is out of control. The NFL wanted a game on Saturday Night just like that and the NFL's refs made it happen.

People want to bash Burfict for his poor judgement and to a degree they are right. But you know what he is exactly the type of player you have to have in this league to win anymore. Cincinnati needs to get as many guys as they can just like him. Pittsburg has established that winning football is taking out the other teams best players and Goedell does nothing. I don't agree with it or condone it but it's reality.

Marvin has integrity. That is why I like him and support him. But some of the teams and coaches winning SBs have no integrity which puts us at a disadvantage. This is the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Shazier lead with his helmet and struck Gio in the helmet.

That bullshit excuse that Gio is a runner and he should not be penalized is false.

That runner theory has nothing to do with how he hit Gio.

He lead with his crown and had his eyes down.

If the NFL doesn't fine Shazier there is a major problem with favoring teams and officials.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They'll fine them and let them advance.

It's really getting difficult with all the non-Bengals fans saying the Bengals lost the game. Not easy to win when you're playing just the players on the other team (refs and opponent's coaches).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Burfict is dirty

His presence makes the refs hate our team as a whole

The casual fan sees Burfict and they apply it to the whole team and simply put its not the case.

When your team has the dirtiest player in the game, your gonna get hate

With that said if Shazier isn't fined or suspended then idk what to tell you about the NFL. They clearly had their agenda that game to try to control the game by flagging Cincinnati more than Pittsburg 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They'll fine them and let them advance.

It's really getting difficult with all the non-Bengals fans saying the Bengals lost the game. Not easy to win when you're playing just the players on the other team (refs and opponent's coaches).

We threw away the game.  We had it won until Hill fumbled.
Reply/Quote
Lets be real! Burfict did not target! Not sure what game you were watching. If he would have targeted him he would have lead with his helmet and took his freaking head off. (Did you not see the Steelers players trying to take him on all game????) You have a coach....A COACH mind you pulling a players hair, you have a coach entering the field of play and antagonizing our players, you have the hit on Gio taking him out of the game with a no call, Williams hit was totally clean. Whole game was total BS!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:46 AM)tjcase85 Wrote: I am really sick of this narrative that the Bengals players are some kind of dirty scumbag team. I clicked random blogs and youtube videos and was reading the comments and this is what they said,

But why did the Bengals even lower themselves to play like the Steelers with the game almost won?  Who gives a shit if the officials missed a call if the team lives to fight another day?  Now, Gio is still hurt (not that it matters for this season), the game is lost and the Bengals looks like a dirty, out of control team.

I'm just thankful I powered up the PS3 after the McCarron fumble and missed the meltdown.
Reply/Quote
Any unbiased observer should be able to see both teams were dirty. The Steelers were just more comfortable playing that kind of football (if that's what you want to call it).
The media will spin it how they want. But the Bengals didn't act the way they did for no reason.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They'll fine them and let them advance.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:02 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Players blew it. Burfict hit was disgusting, Jones was an idiot. Marvin did nothing on the sideline. Was it fair? No. Doesnt matter. Team lost their cool when it mattered most. Game over.

This.   /thread
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
People need to watch the Burfict play with their own eyes and not just listen to what people are saying about it. He wasn't late, he aimed chest high, and led with his shoulder. The fact that the receiver his head low and got hit makes it a penalty, because the rule doesn't allow for excuses, but it wasn't disgusting, dirty, or headhunting. It was a play that's a fair hit 90 percent of the time, and circumstances killed him on it.
Reply/Quote
I watched the game. Anyone who says Burfict wasn't targeting are simply making excuses. Burfict did not have to hit Brown. He had options. He could've slowed down, try to avoid Brown, or something. Instead he ran through him. Even if Brown didn't lower his head I'm sure there would have been a flag. When you earn and build a reputation (completely deserved) for all of the bullshit you get into, you're going to get those flags. You can argue whatever you want, but a flag was thrown and Burfict could have avoided it.

Stop pointing fingers, stop making excuses, and stop complaining. Vontaze Burfict needs to be held accountable and take personal responsibility for his actions. He is dirty. Quite possibly the dirtiest in the game. He obviously wants that reputation because he plays right into it. He has to play smarter and he has to mature or he will continue to blow games for this team just like in Denver and just like last night.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:54 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Shazier lead with his helmet and struck Gio in the helmet.

That bullshit excuse that Gio is a runner and he should not be penalized is false.

That runner theory has nothing to do with how he hit Gio.

He lead with his crown and had his eyes down.

If the NFL doesn't fine Shazier there is a major problem with favoring teams and officials.

the NFL guys on ESPN over an hour ago said the refs screwed that up on Gio. Definitely was flaggable. HE will get fined for it too, but too late now, effing crap refs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

[Image: 12523084_1100495303318691_81186797058845...e=5749D390]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote