Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perine to Broncos

Not sure I want Elliott, but we have too many needs to fill with draft picks. (Backup RB, starting TE, backup TE, starting CB, maybe RT if we trade Jonah)
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:
Not sure I want Elliott, but we have too many needs to fill with draft picks. (Backup RB, starting TE, backup TE, starting CB, maybe RT if we trade Jonah)

I see Zeke Elliott has a reputation as a strong pass-blocker. If that is accurate, then he would valuable for the Bengals, given Mixon's weakness in that area.
Reply/Quote
Some updated remarks by Perine picking Denver over Cincinnati.

Quote:"What it came down to, really, was how up front Denver was with me as far as playing time and what coach Payton wants to do with me, personally, and what he wants to do as an offense," Perine said, via the Denver Post. "The first time I talked with coach Payton when everything opened up -- that first day -- the thing he really emphasized was his history of using multiple backs, using two backs in his time with the Saints and going through the history of the backs he's had.

"That made my decision a tad bit easier."

Link to article: https://www.nfl.com/news/samaje-perine-broncos-pretty-dangerous-offense-javonte-williams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 10:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Some updated remarks by Perine picking Denver over Cincinnati.

Link to article: https://www.nfl.com/news/samaje-perine-broncos-pretty-dangerous-offense-javonte-williams.

For sure Payton has to be appealing to anyone on Offense. Understand more why Samaje left. 

Just want to say he was all class even after he left.
Reply/Quote
NFL.com article quotes Perine: 'Broncos going to run it straight down your throat'.

Good luck with that oline!

Maybe they invest in some talent this year. Russ could get killed again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Solid player but very replaceable. Guys like him are a dime a dozen, and that's probably why we let him walk. We can probably get a similar back for cheaper than $3.5 million per.

We need to get way cheaper at RB, not more expensive.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 01:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Solid player but very replaceable. Guys like him are a dime a dozen, and that's probably why we let him walk. We can probably get a similar back for cheaper than $3.5 million per.

We need to get way cheaper at RB, not more expensive.

Backs like Mixon are a dime a dozen or more, he's one of the worst in the league.

Perine is 4th in pass block protection, he is not a dime a dozen:
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-nfl-season-best-pass-blocking-running-backs-saquon-barkley-tony-pollard
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 11:16 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: NFL.com article quotes Perine: 'Broncos going to run it straight down your throat'.

Good luck with that oline!

Maybe they invest in some talent this year. Russ could get killed again.

Not surprised because he’s right we can’t.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 04:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Backs like Mixon are a dime a dozen or more, he's one of the worst in the league.
Perine is 4th in pass block protection, he is not a dime a dozen.

Tbh, I think pass blocking (with RB's) is easily the most overblown talent in football, at least on this message board. How many sacks would someone like Perine save over a RB who is league average in that category?

That said, I'm all for dumping Mixon as well, but I'd ask him to take a pay cut first.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 11:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, I think pass blocking (with RB's) is easily the most overblown talent in football, at least on this message board. How many sacks would someone like Perine save over a RB who is league average in that category?

That said, I'm all for dumping Mixon as well, but I'd ask him to take a pay cut first.

I don't think it's that over blown. That's why you see older backs who are really good at it be able to stay around the league. There's no other reason why Perine would still be in the NFL outside of his ability to block. His running/catching could easily be replaced by any other RB
Reply/Quote