OTHER
3.33%
3 3.33%
Total 90 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philly Game Game Ball
(12-04-2016, 10:56 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Just a bruised knee according Hobson's article on the front page: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Dalton-Bengals-ground-Eagles-32-14/82b746ac-dff4-432e-86d7-57c4ce2a8e80
Does that mean he will be on IR next season? Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton played great.
Burfict played great.

That said, I will blaze a trail and be the only vote right now for Winston for one simple reason. If he went out there and played poorly, we would have instantly become knee deep in Ogbuehi again. He played okay, which is sad that okay is so much better than what Ogbuehi was delivering, that the contrast in pass protection yesterday to previous weeks was blatant.

The coaches (hopefully) now see that Ogbuehi is turrible, just turrible, and even an average-at-best RT is a huge upgrade. No way to hide that now, but there would have been if Winston hadn't held his own out there.

- - - - - - - - -
Side Note: Whomever the two who voted for Nugent, I sure hope that was chosen sarcastically. The guy still missed a PAT (his 5th in the last 4 weeks, I think?), and one of his field goals plunked off an upright.
Imagine what Winston might have been able to do if he had not been relegated to the bench for 90% of the snaps this season? I think he did remarkably well considering the circumstances. ThumbsUp  Glad you acknowledged his contribution.
Reply/Quote
Dalton, but Burfict played great and so did Lafell.

Same for Dunlap deflecting balls like crazy. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 06:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Context being... lost season so pressure to perform is greatly reduced. Playing at home in a 1 o clock game against a team with a losing record and one road win on the year. Handed 3 takeaways. And a handful of helpful penalties. 

You can pound your chest all you want. I never said Dalton was a bad QB. But almost MVP isnt MVP. I would have liked good Andy to be a little more consistent this year and maybe we wouldnt be where we are. 

Excuse for our redzone production, Oh no Eifert. Excuse for last couple weeks, oh no AJ. Good game against team with losing record , omg Andy is a god.  

Wow. I wasn't being snotty with you, so I'm not sure why you're so worked up. I have no problems with you...we just disagree is all. To your last little bit there, the circumstances have largely been crap all season. I seriously am confused as to why anyone would think that Dalton would be unaffected by terrible blocking and injured receivers. Most of the same folks making fun of those excuses would be the first to trot out the same excuses for Luck if we were having a Luck vs Dalton debate.

Bad blocking affects QB play. So does key injuries to TEs (ask Brady) and WRs (ask Matty Ice). Despite all that, Dalton is having a fine season. Not just game, season. There's a thread for this though, so take it there. I wasn't "beating my chest" so much as defending my choice to the OP.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 11:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wow. I wasn't being snotty with you, so I'm not sure why you're so worked up. I have no problems with you...we just disagree is all. To your last little bit there, the circumstances have largely been crap all season. I seriously am confused as to why anyone would think that Dalton would be unaffected by terrible blocking and injured receivers. Most of the same folks making fun of those excuses would be the first to trot out the same excuses for Luck if we were having a Luck vs Dalton debate.

Bad blocking affects QB play. So does key injuries to TEs (ask Brady) and WRs (ask Matty Ice). Despite all that, Dalton is having a fine season. Not just game, season. There's a thread for this though, so take it there. I wasn't "beating my chest" so much as defending my choice to the OP.

Some people won't give Dalton his due until he literally parts the Red Sea.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't look now, but Andy Dalton is tied for 4th place in the NFL for most yards with 3,375 and has a 92.7 QB rating.

Behind this line !! with a non existent running game and pathetic play calling !! The haters of Dalton just don't understand football.
Do it against the Ravens and the Steelers then I guess I'll "understand" football.
The Philly win was a team effort. Not some historic effort by Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:16 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Do it against the Ravens and the Steelers then I guess I'll "understand" football.

Hasn't he pretty much owned the Ravens throughout his tenure?  It wasn't a historic effort, but I don't see how you can't acknowledge that he was dropping dimes all over the field once his o line finally gave him some time.  You're right, it was a TEAM effort, as in, the part of the team that has sucked the most all year finally decided to show up, and its weakest link was finally on the bench. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:16 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Do it against the Ravens and the Steelers then I guess I'll "understand" football.

Do you think he got 3,375 yards passing in the Philly game ?

Marvin is 2-13 against the Steelers at PBS and 8-21 overall against them. Did Dalton start playing the Steelers in 03 when Marvin started ? Dalton is not what ails this team ! Is he going to go down in history as the best QB of all time ? I doubt it.

But if you can't understand that what ails this team is piss poor coaching then I don't know what to tell you. It took them 11 weeks to figure out Ogbuehi was killing the offense. Most on here knew it after week 2 or 3. Do you think that may be part of the problem ?

There were several threads last season and during the pre-season on here saying get rid of Nugent, he will cost us games. If we can see it how can coaches being paid huge money not ?

I could go on with dozens of examples of horrible coaching but your Dalton hate clouds your vision.

Incompetent coaching is the real issue here bro, not the players and yes including Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 11:36 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Do you think he got 3,375 yards passing in the Philly game ?

Marvin is 2-13 against the Steelers at PBS and 8-21 overall against them. Did Dalton start playing the Steelers in 03 when Marvin started ? Dalton is not what ails this team ! Is he going to go down in history as the best QB of all time ? I doubt it.

But if you can't understand that what ails this team is piss poor coaching then I don't know what to tell you. It took them 11 weeks to figure out Ogbuehi was killing the offense. Most on here knew it after week 2 or 3. Do you think that may be part of the problem ?

There were several threads last season and during the pre-season on here saying get rid of Nugent, he will cost us games. If we can see it how can coaches being paid huge money not ?

I could go on with dozens of examples of horrible coaching but your Dalton hate clouds your vision.

Incompetent coaching is the real issue here bro, not the players and yes including Dalton.

Amen....I remember when peeps used to blame Palmer.... :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote