Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick your favorite single Bengals play since you've been a fan.
How many Single plays can a Bengals fan recall in his life as a Bengals fan that stand out?
I'm sure we can go into the hundreds. Ok now here you go. Pick one offensive play and one defensive play
That has stood out to you since you been watching the Bengals
I will start

2005. At Heinz Field. Carson Palmer throws beautiful 43 yd TD pass to T.J for their
1st TD. T.J I think jumped over Ike Taylor or Bryant McFadden.
He then spiked the football so hard. I just thought it really stated
"WE AREN'T GONNA LET THESE GUYS PUSH US AROUND ANYMORE"
huge win in that almost magical 2005 season

For defensive play. The same year Delta O'Neal picks off Kelly Holcomb for a game sealing INT. Such a game for the ages.
In a game that had no defense, it was a defensive play that iced it.
Reply/Quote
There's probably 6 or 8 tied for #1 but I'll just pick the play back in like 82 or 83 ? when Pete Johnson absolutely trucked Jack Lambert on a run up the middle. It was a MNF game, we lost, but I was watching it playing euchre with a bunch of buddies. The announcers went nuts and so did we.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 07:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's probably 6 or 8 tied for #1 but I'll just pick the play back in like 82 or 83 ? when Pete Johnson absolutely trucked Jack Lambert on a run up the middle. It was a MNF game, we lost, but I was watching it playing euchre with a bunch of buddies. The announcers went nuts and so did we.

I recall like from 78 to 80 the Bengals couldn't buy their way on to MNF. all the AFC CENTRAL teams got serious run on their but the Bengals.
I think in 77 they only had 1 game on their 
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 07:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I recall like from 78 to 80 the Bengals couldn't buy their way on to MNF. all the AFC CENTRAL teams got serious run on their but the Bengals.
I think in 77 they only had 1 game on their 

Yep back then you had to at least be .500 the previous year to even be considered for MNF.
Reply/Quote
I’m trying to think of a single play I like more than this one...

https://youtu.be/huolfNTLgB0

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 08:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m trying to think of a single play I like more than this one...

That's on my list as well
Reply/Quote
16 and 17 chase with Corey Dillon going all the way!!!

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 08:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m trying to think of a single play I like more than this one...

Beat me to it.

#2 was probably Stanford Jennings kick return TD that gave us a 4th quarter lead in SB23.  Our offense, which had been great all year, had played like total crap, but our defense, which was not that good that year, was playing out of their heads against the best offense in the league.  It was 6-6 in the 4th quarter with zero offensive tds, and I really felt the game would be decided on some big play on defense or special teams.  I went nuts when Jennings scored.  At that point I really believed we would win.
Reply/Quote

There's actually a play where Cedric Benson trucks Troy and then Troy stands up and tries to stagger to the sidelines. I swear Troy has bought all the rights to it and had them burned, cause you can't find it anywhere.

As to the favorite play; outside of that one I'd like to nominate:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's actually a play where Cedric Benson trucks Troy and then Troy stands up and tries to stagger to the sidelines. I swear Troy has bought all the rights to it and had them burned, cause you can't find it anywhere.

As to the favorite play; outside of that one I'd like to nominate:

Lord that man had some quick feet... I was at the KC game that year. I think it was the following week. Chad scored again, and held his fingers in a 1 and 5 up towards those of us in the end zone. The only other things I remember about that game are that we had Larry Johnson on the team for a hot second, and Leon Hall made a game sealing interception as the snow began to dump. Leon also touched the ball in another game I went to that season. Unfortunately it went straight into Brandon Stokley's hands.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not a huge fan of the player, but my favorite play is the flip for a TD by Jerome Simpson against the Cards. It's hard to say that because that guy was such an overall disappointment.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
2009, Bengals vs Steelers. Palmer TD pass to Caldwell in the waning seconds for the win.
Reply/Quote
Burfict pick in playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 12:01 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Burfict pick in playoff game.

This was favorite too.

To bad he also had my lest favorite later in the game.
Reply/Quote
It seems like games against Us are on the Bengals greatest games or single play lists
Reply/Quote
Peter Warrick 68-TD punt return against undefeated Chiefs in 2003. At 1:14:50.

https://youtu.be/Dh87IxpYoD4

That Gio run against Miami (2015?) is a close second.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 12:01 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Burfict pick in playoff game.

Hell yeah.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 11:27 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: 2009, Bengals vs Steelers. Palmer TD pass to Caldwell in the waning seconds for the win.

CARDIAC CATS!!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Dido on the Simpson flip, but I think the Housh catch for a TD where the ball was all around his helmet stands out to me.

I think it was against the armpitts, cannot remember. Awesome catch by Housh.

Amazing concentration finding the ball. Think he wiped his cleats with the piss towel afterwards, but could be another time.

Also love the Boogie Man trucking Polamalu. Epic.

Peko trucking him was also awesome. I actually respect Polamalu unlike almost all Stools but he was good, cannot deny.

Also loved the Burfict pick in the Playoff game. Just love hurting the Steelers in anyway.

Hopefully a lot more to come.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: CARDIAC CATS!!

No kidding.  We had to convert a 4th down on our end of the field earlier in that drive to even get in position for that TD pass.

That whole season was just batshit crazy.

Week 1...Lose to Broncos on 87 yard td pass with 11 seconds left.

Week 3...Come back from 11 points down in fourth quarter to beat Steelers on td pass to Caldwell with 18 seconds left.  Palmer had to convert two fourth downs on the final drive before throwing the game winning td.

Week 4...Tie game against Browns on Fourth down td pass with 1:55 left.  Win game in overtime on FG with 3 seconds left.  Palmer has to convert 4th and 11 on game winning drive to even get in FG range.

Week 5... Beat Ravens on td pass with 22 seconds left.  Palmer has to convert 4th down on our end of field to keep game winning drive alive.

Week 10...Raiders score 10 points in final 33 seconds to win by 3.

Week 14...Bengals tie game on fg with 57 seconds left.  Chargers win on FG with 3 seconds left.

Week 15...Bengals beat Chiefs on td pass to Chad with 2:05.  Palmer converts four 3rd downs on 92 yard game winning drive.

That season also included an 18-12 victory over the Steelers where we did not score an offensive td, and our 17-7 emotional victory over the Ravens the week Vicki Zimmer died.  The loss to the Chargers was th week Chris Henry died.
Reply/Quote