Poll: Who is responsible for the loss to the Packers?
Burrow, and his questionable decision making
McPherson
Zac
Lou
Mike Brown
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pin the tail on the donkey
(10-10-2021, 10:37 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I went with Zac I think its funny that in the 2 overtime games we've had we're aggressive right up until overtime and then try and be conservative running the ball. I know Burrow threw the pick in the beginning but we're all in with him and we should've thrown to get closer for the last miss.

I could've also gone Burrow I just don't think he had his best game which might've been why we were running at the end.

It would be nice if Evan made one of those kicks but I can't fault him for missing some long ones.

I can understand such reasoning.
Reply/Quote
It was a group effort, but it was honestly closer than I thought it was going to be.
It's frustrating that McPherson missed the 49 yarder, but I also can blame the playcalling for choosing not to go for it on 4th down there, as I believe it was just a yard or two to get the first down.
Even though McPherson missed the 57 yarder and the 49 yarder, at least I don't have to worry about the kicks not making it. He clearly has the leg to hit those long distances. That something we couldn't say for quite a number of years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think it was Boyd who slung the ball after finally getting a catch? These guys are playing for their next contract, and if Burrow avoids them while looking for his college buddy, I imagine it won't go over well in the long haul.

Which was one of my worries when we took Chase. Not to get that going again though. Chase has been absolutely stellar.

I think that's a fair concern, but Boyd never really seemed like the type to complain about touches.  He can be a fiery guy and pretty demonstrative in his catch celebrations.

FWIW, Boyd and Chase are tied with 35 targets a piece and Higgins has 22 in 3 games, so all of the top 3 guys are averaging about 7 targets a game.

The other side of the coin was shown today, though.  Adams had 16 targets for the Packers.  
Reply/Quote
I wavered back and forth between McPherson and Burrow for a bit.

And then I voted for Zac.

Let our best player throw the ball when we have a win right in front of us. Taylor's notions of when to be conservative and when to be aggressive strike me as almost randomized. I cannot figure out who he is as a coach, and I worry he doesn't even know.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm fine with Evan, he's already won two games this season.  The team shouldn't put him on the hot seat, game after game.  It's time for the rest of the team to win a game or two, in convincing fashion.

He’s not some scrub off the street. We used a 5th round draft pick on him. He should absolutely be put in these situations.

Expecting the Bengals to blow out teams is unrealistic.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think that's a fair concern, but Boyd never really seemed like the type to complain about touches.  He can be a fiery guy and pretty demonstrative in his catch celebrations.

FWIW, Boyd and Chase are tied with 35 targets a piece and Higgins has 22 in 3 games, so all of the top 3 guys are averaging about 7 targets a game.

The other side of the coin was shown today, though.  Adams had 16 targets for the Packers.  

Exactly.

You have an alpha WR you feed him.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:12 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I wavered back and forth between McPherson and Burrow for a bit.

And then I voted for Zac.

Let our best player throw the ball when we have a win right in front of us. Taylor's notions of when to be conservative and when to be aggressive strike me as almost randomized. I cannot figure out who he is as a coach, and I worry he doesn't even know.

Agreed. Running Perine right up the middle on 3rd & 5 in OT is just so frustrating when you have Burrow and all these good WR’s.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not some scrub off the street. We used a 5th round draft pick on him. He should absolutely be put in these situations.

Expecting the Bengals to blow out teams is unrealistic.

To be fair, so should Joe Burrow.  They didn't pick that guy to hand the game over to a kicker on 4th and 2 57 yards out.  Burrow should be able to pick that up with the weapons he has.  He never even got the chance.  He's the player this team will live and die by for the next decade.  Might as well get him accustomed to being the main man when an opportunity for a game winning drive presents itself.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:05 PM)samhain Wrote: To be fair, so should Joe Burrow.  They didn't pick that guy to hand the game over to a kicker on 4th and 2 57 yards out.  Burrow should be able to pick that up with the weapons he has.  He never even got the chance.  He's the player this team will live and die by for the next decade.  Might as well get him accustomed to being the main man when an opportunity for a game winning drive presents itself.

Oh I agree. I would like to see Taylor take the training wheels off Burrow ASAP. I absolutely hated the 3rd and 5 run with Perine at the end of the game. Put the ball in Joe’s hand in that situation.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh I agree. I would like to see Taylor take the training wheels off Burrow ASAP. I absolutely hated the 3rd and 5 run with Perine at the end of the game. Put the ball in Joe’s hand in that situation.

That's 1 aspect of the game Dalton seemed to excel at.  He was usually pretty damn good on drives with the game on the line.  At times, he was even a bit too good, scoring with too much time left on the clock.  I expect the same from Joey B, but you have to make the decision to win or lose with your team leader rather than take it out of his hands.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure there's a legitimate reason to find a scapegoat, someone to blame when it's in fact a team sport with 11 players on the field for each side on every play. It's always a team loss or a team win or team tie..Nothing more, nothing less.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins had an awful game wonder if he still isnt healthy
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 02:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Tee Higgins had an awful game wonder if he still isnt healthy

yea it's rust

AJ Brown for the titans made his return from injury this past sunday and struggled

Tee will get back on track
Reply/Quote
As much as I love McPherson, he had 2 chances to win the game and failed. Now, I give him some slack for being a rookie and the fact Crosby missed a few so it may have something tod with wind conditions, but at the end of the day, despite decisions by Zac and Burrow and the defense giving up big plays at the wrong time, we still were in position to win the game twice.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not sure there's a legitimate reason to find a scapegoat, someone to blame when it's in fact a team sport with 11 players on the field for each side on every play. It's always a team loss or a team win or team tie..Nothing more, nothing less.

This. Blame can and should be spread around. Evan shouldn't have missed the kicks, Burrow shouldn't have thrown the INT in OT, Zac should called a better game overall, defense should not allow a guy got get like a big chunk of yards and into FG position on one play and Mike Brown should not have been owner/GM of the Bengals for as long as he has been.

To put it all on one guy is not really fair (outside of maybe Zac as he is the HC) as it's a team effort in both wins and losses.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
gonna have to blame the 12th man lol all you guys blowing hot air around the stadium messing with those kicks...

j/k
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: gonna have to blame the 12th man   lol   all you guys blowing hot air around the stadium messing with those kicks...

j/k

It was hot & breezy. At least in the North end zone. Have to go with McPherson. He has to make one of those. 

If he made it he would get the credit. So...

That being said I'm glad he's a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Multiple choices are correct. Actually, all choices are correct.

Yyyuuuuuuuppppppp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Really you can make a case for most of the options.

Yes, McPherson missed the kicks. But Zac did not do enough to put him in a situation to be successful. If Zac stayed aggressive, and the FG attempt was 10 yards shorter, McPherson may have made it.

Burrow, also had role in the loss with his OT interception... And the list could go on, Tee dropped passes, Defense allowing a couple big plays...

It was genuinely a team loss.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe the McPherson numbers.
Reply/Quote