Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitt Game
(09-12-2016, 07:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Historically speaking, the biggest improvement you will see in a team is between week 1 and week 2...

I'm sure the scheme will adjust to prevent the abuse of Dalton again, and I was thinking that some of his hot reads might have been less experienced players (Uzo, Boyd, Lafell) so maybe he held on to the ball a bit longer than normal to be sure of the route and avoid a pick. 

Dalton no question had a bit of rust and nerves early on, and got sacked 3 times very early because of this.  He settled down nicely and relied a great deal on Green.  I'm sure he will get in sync with the rest of his team quickly. 

And as far as a 17 point embarrassment goes, this team doesn't get beat by two scores.  I don't think that happened once last year, let alone three scores. 

Hoping you are right

Reply/Quote
At least I doubt it will be 91 on the field. I bet in those black jerseys it was hotter than hell. It showed in the fourth quarter, but again, kudos to the Bengals for overcoming the odds. Away teams in Miami that wore the dark uniforms never had a good record early in the season when they cooked in the sun while the other side of the stadium was in the shade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:28 AM)Gohards Wrote: The dude draws more flags than a Nascar race.

Definitely not first round worthy

If you are beat (and every corner gets beaten now and again), better to grab on and draw a flag and let the red zone defense do it's job than to allow a touchdown.

As for the Pitt game, I'm kind of glad Burfict is out so they won't be targeting his knee in the 2nd game of the season (which you know they will)....
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:24 AM)jeremydc Wrote: If our lines play similar to this week, I expect a blowout. 17+ points. Steelers will come out guns blazing, if we can't neutralize the attack, it'll be an embarrassment.

The Bengals just played the number #3 defense from last year.  Way too much blame on the Bengals OL and no credit to the Jets DL.

Whether the Bengals get embarrassed Sunday will hinge on how they respond to the taunting that the Steelers will get away with.

If they can walk away and keep plugging away they will do well.

Otherwise, it will get ugly!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:17 AM)Gohards Wrote: I sure hope we get Dennard back for before pitt.

I am going to puke if dre kirkpatrick is lined up against AB

here is the stat line for Decker and Marshall from yesterday.  5 catches for 69 yards and one TD.. Dre would have played most of the time over one of them all game.  Here is the stat line for AJ Green 12 catches for 180 and one TD.  Revis would have played over him most of the game.

If Dre was so horrible ( how bad was Revis ), how the hell did Decker and Marshall two very fine Wrs only put up those numbers and remember we just had one sack and Fitz was getting time to throw the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:59 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The Bengals just played the number #3 defense from last year.  Way too much blame on the Bengals OL and no credit to the Jets DL.

Whether the Bengals get embarrassed Sunday will hinge on how they respond to the taunting that the Steelers will get away with.

If they can walk away and keep plugging away they will do well.

Otherwise, it will get ugly!

Hinge on taunting ? Hah.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: here is the stat line for Decker and Marshall from yesterday.  5 catches for 69 yards and one TD.. Dre would have played most of the time over one of them all game.  Here is the stat line for AJ Green 12 catches for 180 and one TD.  Revis would have played over him most of the game.

If Dre was so horrible ( how bad was Revis ), how the hell did Decker and Marshall two very fine Wrs only put up those numbers and remember we just had one sack and Fitz was getting time to throw the ball.

If Dre would have given up over 100 yards to Marshall, he would have been called a wasted draft pick by many fans. Oh wait, we still have some fans saying he played poorly yesterday when in fact he played very well. Our CB's play man to man the majority of the time and Dre and Jones are left on an island one on one a lot, os yes they will get beat at times. AJ beat Revis yesterday, but Revis is still a great CB and watch he will recover and play well in 2016.

Dre played well in a tough environment and Revis just got beat like a drum by a great receiver. A. Brown is a great receiver and he is next for Dre and company to deal with and we will not shut him down, it is near impossible with today's rules to shut down great receivers unless you double and triple team them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:12 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd be content if we have no injuries to our major players.

Just get horrid vibes when we play these jerkfaces.

What's your initial thoughts going into Pitt?

We need to figure out how to stop the run before next week.  Bell may be out, but Williams is no slouch.
Reply/Quote
It wont be said by either sides, but rest assured they are looking to injure and maim us, just like we are looking to do the same to them.

I hope the oline gets their shit together so we don't lose Andy for the rest of the year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:24 AM)djam Wrote: My initial thoughts are that I hate Pittsbutt with a passion. I hope we beat them to a pulp in a total blowout. I dont want them to win a single game ever again-- heck I dont want them to even gain a 1st down ever again against anybody lol.

You nailed it. DingDing
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:24 AM)djam Wrote: My initial thoughts are that I hate Pittsbutt with a passion. I hope we beat them to a pulp in a total blowout. I dont want them to win a single game ever again-- heck I dont want them to even gain a 1st down ever again against anybody lol.

I hope they all get aids.

Except for Harrison, his tweet on Keapernick was pretty righteous.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We need to figure out how to stop the run before next week.  Bell may be out, but Williams is no slouch.

QFT
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
(09-12-2016, 09:32 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Hinge on taunting ? Hah.

You dont think they will taunt and goad them and get away with it?????

Something they do game in and game out?????
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:43 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You dont think they will taunt and goad them and get away with it?????

Something they do game in and game out?????

Both teams will taunt . BUT the game WON'T HINGE ON IT.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:04 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: It wont be said by either sides, but rest assured they are looking to injure and maim us, just like we are looking to do the same to them.

I hope the oline gets their shit together so we don't lose Andy for the rest of the year.

I'm more worried about Denver as far as Andy's safety goes. That D is even better than the Jets. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:12 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What's your initial thoughts going into Pitt?

That this is going to be a very ugly game. My initial thought? Wishing Burfict was playing to keep those Steelers in check. They are going to play dirty.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I'm more worried about Denver as far as Andy's safety goes. That D is even better than the Jets. 

Sick Didn't think about that. Hopefully the line fixes its issues before then.

Have to hope that Hill runs wild on Denver like he did his rookie year.

Denver is full of cheap shot artists. TJ Ward, so glad that guy left the division, he is so dirty. Talib is dirty too. Brandon Marshall was launching into Cam.... I think they played extra nasty vs Cam though, hopefully they don't hate Andy as much lol.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
(09-12-2016, 10:59 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Both teams will taunt . BUT the game WON'T HINGE ON IT.

Just like the playoff game didn't. Steelers have owned the Bengals since the 70s.

Hoping they start turning that around Sunday, but until they do, I'll rest on the history.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just like the playoff game didn't. Steelers have owned the Bengals since the 70s.

Hoping they start turning that around Sunday, but until they do, I'll rest on the history.

Taunting caused by both teams affected the outcome . I assume the nfl with strictly follow this game and control it accordingly .

Reply/Quote
I hope we stomp that team into oblivion
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote