Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitts in, Parsons out
(02-01-2021, 09:20 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I don't want Smith.

Chase vs Pitts.

Anything else they might as well move back.

Of course if they don't succeed in Free Agent O-line they obviously go there.

I would take the world beater CHASE. you always take the best receiver in all the draft that can score points for you.Joe Burrow and Chase have the it factor and together they will be unstoppable,we already have 3 tight ends and a guy like chase only comes around once.I know Pitts is super,I get it,but chase will be the man and him and Joe will be epic.Our team will score 30 a game,do not pass up on a top Playmaker.There are a ton of top linemen in this draft and we will get a couple top ones,a guy like chase,you have to pull the trigger.Do not pass on him.It will be a huge mistake.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 03:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world are you bringing WR’s into it? This thread is not about WR’s. It’s about a TE vs a LB.

A TE that happens to be so special of a prospect that’s he’s being considered a top 10 pick. And we know how rare that is. The only other TE taken that high in recent years is already a Pro Bowler in his second season.

Anyway, the character concerns alone are going to take Parsons off their board. Unless Zac Taylor is full of shit about wanting only high character players. He prefers his scummy employees to only be on his coaching staff.

Funny coming from a person that has said  Pitts is like a WR and we can;t compare him to a TE.. that was part of my response and as I shown which you dont want to admit. recent success is better in top 10 for LBS than WRs and we can compare much to TEs since lack of history of them picked in top 10... end of story...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 04:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the OP: I'd be happy with either unless there's fire to the Parson's character Smoke

Well, Parsons would certainly be a hell of a lot better than Kwitty Paye (who you wanted in your mock) at #5. Lol

But yeah, you got me, I also brought up a WR in an example of how a pass catcher was drawing coverage. Why your boy Essex brought them up I have no idea.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Or a LB that can cover them.

The board is kinda fickle. 2 years ago folks were dreaming of Devin's (White and Bush), but both went before our pick at #11; with one going #5OA. You'll see him playing this Sunday.

Picture, if you will, a world in which a professional football team's roster is constantly changing every year due to free agency, the draft, injuries, retirements, trades, etc.  A world in which the Bengals have drafted 300% more LBers in the first four rounds since 2018 than TEs.  A world in which the Bengals lost their top 2 TEs to free agency the past two years and a third TE is coming back from a season ending ruptured Achilles tendon repair. A world in which scouts, coaches, general managers, owners, and, yes, even fans constantly re-evaluate team needs based upon this ever changing landscape of players. And picture an internet troll calling those fans "fickle" for changing their opinion based upon that ever changing landscape during the past two going on three seasons.  You've just entered The Bfine Zone.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 04:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  
Funny coming from a person that has said  Pitts is like a WR and we can;t compare him to a TE.. that was part of my response and as I shown which you dont want to admit. recent success is better in top 10 for LBS than WRs and we can compare much to TEs since lack of history of them picked in top 10... end of story...

Sure we can. We have a perfectly good example in Hockenson from just 2 years ago. Literally the last TE that was taken in the top 10 is a stud. To me that suggests if a TE is worth taking that high he’s probably a special talent. Pretty simple really.

But like most of my interactions with you this is pointless. You’re too dug in. Even after the character concerns on Parsons came out you haven’t budged. I’m extremely confident the Bengals aren’t taking him though, so I’m not worried about it.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 05:23 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If not Sewell, Chase vs. Pitts will be a tough one.  I really like Pitts, because he offers a dimension that the Bengals have lacked in quite a while.  

I think once you take in consideration each year there are 20 top WR's that can be NFL players and start, while each year 2-3 TE's will be plug and play starters and lucky if one is HOF maybe.

The more I think about WR versus TE, I am leaning to Pitts if available over any WR too.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:59 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: My only fear with Pitts is our HC doesn't like to use TEs very much. 

I would assume that with selecting a player like Pitts they already have augmented the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 05:27 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I would assume that with selecting a player like Pitts they already have augmented the playbook.

Exactly my thought, if they take Pitts. Not using the TE is now out the window.

Burrow likes throwing to the TE's as well and we all know who his first TD in the NFL was to...
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly my thought, if they take Pitts. Not using the TE is now out the window.

Burrow likes throwing to the TE's as well and we all know who his first TD in the NFL was to...

It’s such a weird concern. If Pitts is out there Burrow is going to throw to him.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 07:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s such a weird concern. If Pitts is out there Burrow is going to throw to him.

Burrow throws to the open man regardless of position. One of my favorite traits about Joe. A weapon is a weapon.

Pitts is a weapon. Still want the trenches taken care of first but who knows how FA works out or if Sewell is there.

There might be a trade down option with these players along with Darrisaw and Slater in mind too.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 01:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I never claimed you do (unlike your statement about “needing an Alpha LB.”

But let’s look at the last bunch of Super Bowl winners shall we?

Chiefs - Kelce
Pats - Gronk
Eagles- Ertz
Broncos - Owen Daniels

All multiple time Pro Bowlers.

I’d say you have to go back to 2013 (Seahawks) to find the last team that won a SB without a top TE.

You think our defense is ok without an alpha lb leading them?  They always looked like bullied ***** until tez got there and have ever since he left. 
Reply/Quote
I was under the impression it is difficult for any QB to throw to the TE from flat on their back.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 08:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I was under the impression it is difficult for any QB to throw to the TE from flat on their back.

I think we are assuming the Bengals work FA to bring in at least one starting lineman. Pitts isn’t in consideration if they can’t do that.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 08:25 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: You think our defense is ok without an alpha lb leading them?  They always looked like bullied ***** until tez got there and have ever since he left. 

Yeah, I especially hate how we’re still getting bullied by the Steelers...

[Image: JuJu-Smith-Schuster-Vonn-Bell-fumble.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 08:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I especially hate how we’re still getting bullied by the Steelers...

[Image: JuJu-Smith-Schuster-Vonn-Bell-fumble.jpg]
Lol. Yeah man, one well timed hit and our defense is bad ass. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 09:06 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Lol. Yeah man, one well timed hit and our defense is bad ass. 

It wasn’t just one hit. Our defense straight up won that game by forcing all those turnovers. I mean, I know Ryan Finley’s 7 completions for 89 yards was impressive...but let’s give credit where it’s due.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly my thought, if they take Pitts. Not using the TE is now out the window.

Pitts is a dominant player.He will get open, and JB won't be able to help but to see him. He's a huge mismatch. A definite difference maker.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 09:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It wasn’t just one hit. Our defense straight up won that game by forcing all those turnovers. I mean, I know Ryan Finley’s 7 completions for 89 yards was impressive...but let’s give credit where it’s due.

Yes, and that one game was an anomaly. Our defense is ***** and the Ravens ran for what? 400 yards on us? 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 10:20 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Yes, and that one game was an anomaly. Our defense is ***** and the Ravens ran for what? 400 yards on us? 

That kinda stuff happens with you have Margus Hunt playing Nose Tackle. The defensive line was every bit as bad as the offensive line in 2020.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 10:20 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Yes, and that one game was an anomaly. Our defense is ***** and the Ravens ran for what? 400 yards on us? 

Not arguing the defense wasn’t shit a lot of the time (how much of that is Lou though?). But they aren’t soft. And they’re not out there getting bullied just because we don’t have a Burfict type LB. We have 2 safeties that can lay you out. Hell, Bates about killed one of the Titans this season. And Bell is an even better hitter.

Reply/Quote