Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pittsburg Easy Schedule
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000653339/Kinkhabwala-It-s-an-easy-season-for-Steeler-Nation

Even kinkykawala admits, eaaaasy schedule. Only 1 away game further than a 4 hour drive away? One game without the villainous Burfict!

Maybe you guys actually will make the playoffs again this year! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000653339/Kinkhabwala-It-s-an-easy-season-for-Steeler-Nation

Even kinkykawala admits, eaaaasy schedule. Only 1 away game further than a 4 hour drive away? One game without the villainous Burfict!

You play who is on the schedule.  When you win the division you are suppose to have a harder schedule.  Parity and all that.

The Bengals schedule is just as easy...except they have two games in Texas vs one for the Steelers and they finally have to do one of those stupid London games.

You should be more worried about the Bengals have five prime-time games!!!!  Marvin and the boys don't do so well in those.  Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 07:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: You play who is on the schedule.  When you win the division you are suppose to have a harder schedule.  Parity and all that.

The Bengals schedule is just as easy...except they have two games in Texas vs one for the Steelers and they finally have to do one of those stupid London games.

You should be more worried about the Bengals have five prime-time games!!!!  Marvin and the boys don't do so well in those.  Sad

How long before this is spun as the league hating the Bengals and loving the Steelers, and evidence of the Brown family being weak owners?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 08:30 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: How long before this is spun as the league hating the Bengals and loving the Steelers, and evidence of the Brown family being weak owners?

Hahahahahaha.....
Well that didn't take long. 8 posts in......

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-we-open-at-NY-Jets-on-9-11
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 08:41 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Hahahahahaha.....
Well that didn't take long. 8 posts in......

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-we-open-at-NY-Jets-on-9-11

Classic.

I do love, however, when someone shows a sign of logic in that thread and gets completed ignored.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 07:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: You play who is on the schedule.  When you win the division you are suppose to have a harder schedule.  Parity and all that.

If we lose to the Giants and Miami I will believe in the primetime curse.

At least the whole world will be able to watch your team get carted off the field week 15!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 11:16 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If we lose to the Giants and Miami I will believe in the primetime curse.

At least the whole world will be able to watch your team get carted off the field week 15!

Probably not.  After the second one Burfict would get ejected under the new rules.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 11:16 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If we lose to the Giants and Miami I will believe in the primetime curse.

you mean after the abysmal playoff performances by dalton you still dont believe in the curse
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 11:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: Probably not.  After the second one Burfict would get ejected under the new rules.   Ninja

2/3 B's will do Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 02:10 PM)Griever Wrote: you mean after the abysmal playoff performances by dalton you still dont believe in the curse

Only idiots believe in curses
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Not if theyre clean hits like he took out bell and benny with.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 05:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Not if theyre clean hits like he took out bell and benny with.

They'll still cry and say they were dirty hits.

Many of them are still doing it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 05:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They'll still cry and say they were dirty hits.

arent bengals fans still claiming kimo hit carson dirty when he clearly got pushed into him
People suck
Reply/Quote

(04-15-2016, 05:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Not if theyre clean hits like he took out bell and benny with.

Are you sure you quoted the right person, Beak? Your post, as quoted, is a bit of a non-sequitur. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 05:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They'll still cry and say they were dirty hits.

Kimo.  *Drops mike*
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 09:14 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Kimo.  *Drops mike*

Point taken.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000653339/Kinkhabwala-It-s-an-easy-season-for-Steeler-Nation

I don't like to ever defend the Steelers, but as others have said, they play the opponents that are slated to them. In terms of just SoS, the Bengals have a pretty easy schedule too. Steelers and Bengals both play all of the AFC East and NFC East. The only difference is the seed in the other AFC divisions. If the Bengals wanted to play the Chiefs and Colts instead of the Broncos and Texans to have an easier schedule, they should have let the Steelers win the division (obviously not going to do that).

Your point on determining which games are home and away and WHEN each team plays another is unfortunate.
However, I don't think this was fully intentional, as a program likely generates a possible outcome that has no conflicts across the league. The league may then tweak a game here and there manually based on projected TV ratings or something, but I highly doubt a person (or group) is coming up with these schedules completely by hand.

Bengals need to just put their heads down, beat the teams against them, and hope the Steelers flounder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't like to ever defend the Steelers, but as others have said, they play the opponents that are slated to them. In terms of just SoS, the Bengals have a pretty easy schedule too. Steelers and Bengals both play all of the AFC East and NFC East. The only difference is the seed in the other AFC divisions. If the Bengals wanted to play the Chiefs and Colts instead of the Broncos and Texans to have an easier schedule, they should have let the Steelers win the division (obviously not going to do that).

Your point on determining which games are home and away and WHEN each team plays another is unfortunate.
However, I don't think this was fully intentional, as a program likely generates a possible outcome that has no conflicts across the league. The league may then tweak a game here and there manually based on projected TV ratings or something, but I highly doubt a person (or group) is coming up with these schedules completely by hand.

Bengals need to just put their heads down, beat the teams against them, and hope the Steelers flounder.

The home and away decisions are mostly predetermined.  There is a strict system for determining opponents that includes home/away rotations.  For example, if you hosted a team the last time you played their division, you'll travel there the next time you play that division.  The home/away of the 'same divisional finish' opponents (the two conference opponents outside of the division you play that year) might be a little more arbitrary, but other than that, the ONLY thing that is not objectively determined by a system is when the games are played.  
Reply/Quote
Opponent wise, Pittsburgh's isn't any easier or harder than the Bengals.

How dates and distances fell, Pittsburgh couldn't have written their's out any better.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 01:16 PM)Benton Wrote: Opponent wise, Pittsburgh's isn't any easier or harder than the Bengals.

How dates and distances fell, Pittsburgh couldn't have written their's out any better.

Yes because players couldn't care less about playing on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. 
Reply/Quote