Poll: Who Will Be the Next Head Coach For the Bengals?
This poll is closed.
Zac Taylor
12.87%
13 12.87%
Eric Bieniemy
45.54%
46 45.54%
Shane Waldron
0.99%
1 0.99%
Vance Joseph
12.87%
13 12.87%
Darrin Simmons
4.95%
5 4.95%
Hue Jackson
11.88%
12 11.88%
Todd Monken
5.94%
6 5.94%
Vic Fangio
0%
0 0%
Pete Carmichael
0%
0 0%
Pat Fitzgerald
0%
0 0%
Dabo Swinney
2.97%
3 2.97%
Kris Richard
0.99%
1 0.99%
Lincoln Riley
0%
0 0%
Tom Herman
0.99%
1 0.99%
Mike McCarthy
0%
0 0%
Total 101 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Place Your Bets...
Place Your Bets

Who will be the next Head Coach for the Cincinnati Bengals?  This list is not in any particular order.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had to go with Zac Taylor with the hopes he brings Waldron as OC. The fact the staff are flying out to West Coast to interview him indicates to me that Taylor and Waldron are serious candidates.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I voted Vance Joseph. I don’t want this but I think the comfortability coupled with head coaching experience will ultimately win the day. Mike Brown will think that this hire will pacify the fanbase.

However I do not believe Vance is their first choice. I think they would like to bring in somebody from outside the organization. But unfortunately their first choices will not consider the Bengals their first choices, so they’ll go elsewhere.

Due to lack of interest from other teams, Vance will be the fallback.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:21 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I voted Vance Joseph. I don’t want this but I think the comfortability coupled with head coaching experience will ultimately win the day. Mike Brown will think that this hire will pacify the fanbase.

However I do not believe Vance is their first choice. I think they would like to bring in somebody from outside the organization. But unfortunately their first choices will not consider the Bengals their first choices, so they’ll go elsewhere.

Due to lack of interest from other teams, Vance will be the fallback.

I think Joseph would be better than Jackson, Simmons, but would not be thrilled.  With that said, Joseph did not have a good QB with the Broncos so that could have been his undoing.  I still think Joseph would make a good DC with the Bengals.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I had to go with Zac Taylor with the hopes he brings Waldron as OC.  The fact the staff are flying out to West Coast to interview him indicates to me that Taylor and Waldron are serious candidates.

I've been thinking the same thing.

If it's not him I'd say Bieniemy, Mike will find comfort in him being an X Bengal. I'm beginning to believe MB is going to step out of his comfort zone I'm just not sure how far ?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been thinking the same thing.

If it's not him I'd say Bieniemy, Mike will find comfort in him being an X Bengal. I'm beginning to believe MB is going to step out of his comfort zone I'm just not sure how far ?

I think Katie will have a strong voice in the next head coach because Mike is going on 83-84.  Katie was aggressive in going after Lewis who was one of the hottest names out there when the team was a laughing stock.  I think the team will step out of the comfort zone not sure why though.  I guess it is because of all the names on the list for interviews.  

This team has many pieces in place to succeed.  Yes, they have many holes but the core is strong with Dunlap, Atkins, Mixon, Erickson, and Boyd.  I would throw in Dalton with the core but maybe the new coach will want his own QB of the future.  

Taylor is a cerebral coach with a measured approach, where as Bieniemy is more volatile emotional leader.  Eric could be the pick.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I just realized I left Bill Lazor off poll.  Maybe I am in denial.  LOL   Hilarious
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I'm guessing Taylor at this point based on the following...

He was the first outside candidate they requested an interview with, which means he was high on the initial list.

He has Cinci ties as a former Bearcats' OC.

He worked with Lazor in Miami.

They pushed the Bienemy interview to Saturday to see Zac and Waldron on Friday.

They took iniative to fly to LA to meet with him.

They didn't request the Monken interview until McDaniels turned them down, indicating he was not as high on their initial list.

If Simmons, Lazor, Hue, or Vance interviewed well enough to get serious consideration for the job, why even schedule another interview with Monken?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I had to go with Zac Taylor with the hopes he brings Waldron as OC.  The fact the staff are flying out to West Coast to interview him indicates to me that Taylor and Waldron are serious candidates.

We are interviewing waldron because we know taylor will have other better options.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm guessing Taylor at this point based on the following...

He was the first outside candidate they requested an interview with, which means he was high on the initial list.

He has Cinci ties as a former Bearcats' OC.

He worked with Lazor in Miami.

They pushed the Bienemy interview to Saturday to see Zac and Waldron on Friday.

They took iniative to fly to LA to meet with him.

They didn't request the Monken interview until McDaniels turned them down, indicating he was not as high on their initial list.

If Simmons, Lazor, Hue, or Vance interviewed well enough to get serious consideration for the job, why even schedule another interview with Monken?
Very good post.  I also believe that the endorsement McVay gave was glowing.  McVay's words did not seem canned but genuine praise.  I think these words from one of the hottest NFL coaches will create gravitas for Taylor in the minds of the interview committee.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:   Eric could be the pick.  

Its not who we pick. It is who we can get. A quarter of the league is looking for a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are interviewing waldron because we know taylor will have other better options.

I think Taylor's ties to Cincinnati and the less pressure in a relatively small market can be appealing.  A lot of pieces are in place with the Bengals.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I picked Bienemy.  I got a hunch, is all I can say.

[Image: ive-got-a-hunch-hes-due.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm thinking Vance Joseph. Has head coaching experience and I can easily imagine him selling his shitty QB situation in Denver to Mike Brown.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 06:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I picked Bienemy.  I got a hunch, is all I can say.

[Image: ive-got-a-hunch-hes-due.jpg]

What a coincidence.  I picked him for the same reason.  It's not that I know anything concrete about the situation, just a gut feeling that I got.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So did I
Reply/Quote
Posted this in another thread, in short my guess for HC is Bienemy though....

think Joseph could be the interesting name here. I bet they're targeting him for the DC job and will shift through the young coach options from the top until one agrees to let Brown fill out the defensive side and keep Simmons.

Joseph would be the on staff fall back as assistant HC in case the young HC doesn't cut it. Maybe they are targeting Taylor with Waldron as OC, but if that doesn't happen Bienemy with McCullough as OC comes together. It's just interesting we aren't hearing another defensive coach mentioned. Messy or not, I think this is the goal. Also Pollack and Simmons stay.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are interviewing waldron because we know taylor will have other better options.

Taylor has 2 other interviews, the Cards and Broncos.  Even assuming one or both offered him the job, neither is necessarily a better option.

Arizona just fired their HC after only one year.  They just dropped a Top 10 pick on a bust QB in Josh Rosen whom they are probably going to give at least 2 more years to.  You are basically a lame duck out of the gate unless you can work a miracle with Rosen, not to mention the rest of the roster is pretty weak.  If it was a better job than the Bengals, Bienemy wouldn't have turned down the interview there.

In Denver, you have Elway to deal with, who just canned Joseph as a scapegoat for failing to find a QB.  He also canned Fox after a 12 win season for failing to win a SB.  You don't have a QB, and you're picking too far down the order to get one of the top prospects in a bad class without convincing Elway to trade up.
Reply/Quote
I want Bieniemy, but I think it will end up being Simmons.....
Reply/Quote
I feel bad now because the odd makers suggest that Bill Lazor is the front runner and he is not listed on the poll and I do not know how to change the names on the poll.

Also, it seems that Lance and Lapham are big Bieniemy fans in terms of leadership qualities.

I would not mind Bieniemy as head coach with Zac Taylor as OC and Kris Richard as new DC.

I do not know how the interviews went with Taylor and Waldron, however, and my gut still says Taylor.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote