Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players could start returning this month

I think the NFL has handled this pretty well, allowing people to return in different stages and not forcing the process too quickly.
(06-08-2020, 05:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I think the NFL has handled this pretty well, allowing people to return in different stages and not forcing the process too quickly.

With a lot of the restrictions now being lifted and the numbers dropping. I agree it was a good decision to go the route they have. Very encouraging news of a full season and possibilities of having fans in the stands. Although the tailgating experience may be lacking that normal Sunday attendence as fans still try to social distance. 

Stay strong my BB brothers and sisters. This season will have more healing power than we can imagine. Been a rough year.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-08-2020, 05:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I think the NFL handled this well myself. Kind of surprising as I have never been a Goodell fan.

But I think they went about everything the right way while staying safe and didn't panic and cancel everything like others.

(06-08-2020, 06:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: With a lot of the restrictions now being lifted and the numbers dropping. I agree it was a good decision to go the route they have. Very encouraging news of a full season and possibilities of having fans in the stands. Although the tailgating experience may be lacking that normal Sunday attendence as fans still try to social distance. 

Stay strong my BB brothers and sisters. This season will have more healing power than we can imagine. Been a rough year.

Will heal us tons, cannot wait for football man. Wink
And now they admit that asymptomatic spread is "rare", and that it is people with symptoms that spread it. They can open up tomorrow with on site medical staff if they wanted to and were allowed.
(06-08-2020, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the NFL handled this well myself. Kind of surprising as I have never been a Goodell fan.

But I think they went about everything the right way while staying safe and didn't panic and cancel everything like others.

Will heal us tons, cannot wait for football man. Wink

Hate to sound like negative Nancy, but with how poorly baseball is being managed (on both sides) it actually makes the NFL look even better...not that they needed the help. 

My only concern is the kneeling at the Anthem.  I just see that stirring up more negativity, and I wish there was another way there could be silent protest.  
(06-09-2020, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And now they admit that asymptomatic spread is "rare", and that it is people with symptoms that spread it. They can open up tomorrow with on site medical staff if they wanted to and were allowed.

That's a game changing piece of scientific data!

Now people who are symptomatic just need to stay home and not infect others.  It's not a cure-all as some rare occurrences will happen with the asymptomatic folks.

But there's no reason there can't be some normalcy for the season, that includes tailgating.
(06-09-2020, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hate to sound like negative Nancy, but with how poorly baseball is being managed (on both sides) it actually makes the NFL look even better...not that they needed the help. 

My only concern is the kneeling at the Anthem.  I just see that stirring up more negativity, and I wish there was another way there could be silent protest.  

People have suffered extreme hardships from the Wuhan shutdown and riots. Sports ought to be a refuge from the madness.  Now that extreme violence and looting has devastated communities all across the nation, especially major sports cities such as LA, SF, Oakland, Seattle, Chicago, MPLS and New York, we need a lot more sports and a lot less politics.

The pro sports leagues are all about entertainment and we need entertainment after Wuhan and the riots. Those two events have cost us our jobs or endless worries about losing our jobs or seeing our incomes cut or losing loved ones to Wuhan and then not being able to arrange proper burials.  I hope the leagues see the opportunity to do some good for people and get on with their shows.
This is how ready I am for football, I just updated the old MNF song and posted it below...man I got too much time on my hands. Enjoy!

Well it's Thursday/Sunday/Monday
I turn on my TV
For some pigskin fun
I see a Super Bowl season here for the Bengals
The biggest game each week is their specialty
I gotta get ready, make everything right
Cause Thursday/Sunday Monday night football's coming on alright!?

Are you ready?
Are you ready?
Are you ready, ready?

Are you ready for some football???

A Thursday/Sunday/Monday party
Hey, this is "Rocking" Randall Hank
Ready to get the good time started
We got the teams on the field
And we turned down the lights
All my rowdy friends are back for football alright?

Now everyone watches this show
Cincinnati, New York, Nashville, San Francisco
We love to watch the kickoff as the game begins
Pretty cheerleaders and last minute wins
The screaming crowd (hopefully, screw COVID 19) and the linebacker's stare
Scrambling quarterbacks and signals in the air
Big hits are coming, the 'backs are cutting inside
Everybody turns it up Who Dey tonight!

Everybody's a Bengals fan
Hey, this is the biggest party, man!
We got Big Willie, Ocho, and Munoz!
They got the thing started
Week after week, it's the time that is right
All my rowdy friends are here on Who Dey night!!!
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
(06-09-2020, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And now they admit that asymptomatic spread is "rare", and that it is people with symptoms that spread it. They can open up tomorrow with on site medical staff if they wanted to and were allowed.

(06-09-2020, 10:53 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: That's a game changing piece of scientific data!

Now people who are symptomatic just need to stay home and not infect others.  It's not a cure-all as some rare occurrences will happen with the asymptomatic folks.

But there's no reason there can't be some normalcy for the season, that includes tailgating.

Unfortunately, they seem to have walked that back. (I don't know how to embed a tweet)

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1270349047442714625?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1270349047442714625&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231270349047442714625
(06-09-2020, 01:25 PM)Earendil Wrote: Unfortunately, they seem to have walked that back. (I don't know how to embed a tweet)

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1270349047442714625?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1270349047442714625&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231270349047442714625

Seems like every single thing they say that resembles a research outcome gets walked back, good or bad.  

What I do know is that the SEC facilities that opened for voluntary workouts are definitely seeing cases, specifically Alabama.  Last I checked, they had 5 confirmed on the team.  That's not great news.
People are way overblowing this thing. I have a close friend that's a firefighter/EMT in the Dayton area and he gets the real reports on all confirmed cases as required. In the Dayton hospitals and surrounding area there have been 14 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the Dayton area during this whole"pandemic". 14!!! This nation needs to quit letting the main stream media control their fears. No more media flu!!! Play ball!!!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

(06-09-2020, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hate to sound like negative Nancy, but with how poorly baseball is being managed (on both sides) it actually makes the NFL look even better...not that they needed the help. 

Have the same concern. The players need to keep that shit out of football man.

(06-09-2020, 12:23 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: People have suffered extreme hardships from the Wuhan shutdown and riots. Sports ought to be a refuge from the madness.  Now that extreme violence and looting has devastated communities all across the nation, especially major sports cities such as LA, SF, Oakland, Seattle, Chicago, MPLS and New York, we need a lot more sports and a lot less politics.

The pro sports leagues are all about entertainment and we need entertainment after Wuhan and the riots. Those two events have cost us our jobs or endless worries about losing our jobs or seeing our incomes cut or losing loved ones to Wuhan and then not being able to arrange proper burials.  I hope the leagues see the opportunity to do some good for people and get on with their shows.

We need football so bad. Mellow
(06-09-2020, 03:10 PM)Mer Wrote: People are way overblowing this thing. I have a close friend that's a firefighter/EMT in the Dayton area and he gets the real reports on all confirmed cases as required. In the Dayton hospitals and surrounding area there have been 14 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the Dayton area during this whole"pandemic". 14!!! This nation needs to quit letting the main stream media control their fears. No more media flu!!!  Play ball!!!

Incorrect. There have been 17 deaths and 817 cases in Montgomery county 

https://www.google.com/search?q=ohio+covid+map&oq=ohio+covid+ma
(06-09-2020, 04:09 PM)treee Wrote: Incorrect. There have been 17 deaths and 817 cases in Montgomery county 

https://www.google.com/search?q=ohio+covid+map&oq=ohio+covid+ma

Yeah... Hell there are 7 corrections officers who just tested positive in Miami county (neighbors to the north). So there's only been 7 other cases according to this all knowing fire fighter... But yeah; the media is spreading disinformation.

Back on topic... It's all talk til I see dudes in helmets and pads, and 8m tired of talk.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-09-2020, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have the same concern. The players need to keep that shit out of football man.

We need football so bad. Mellow

They players are pretty much telling people who have a problem with it to keep themselves outta football. Maybe they're tired of being told to shut up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Corona has been a hoax since day one and still is.
A lot of these positive tests are from the flu vaccines. They include Corona virus in them. Live in fear if you want but I choose to believe what I see.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

(06-09-2020, 07:54 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Corona has been a hoax since day one and still is.

(06-09-2020, 08:26 PM)Mer Wrote: A lot of these positive tests are from the flu vaccines. They include Corona virus in them. Live in fear if you want but I choose to believe what I see.

1. Thanks for making this political.
2. You're outing yourselves with these awful takes...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(06-09-2020, 07:54 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Corona has been a hoax since day one and still is.

That must be some really good shit in that bong...

Good Lord