Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Players that need more playing time
In your opinion is there a backup/part-timer that needs to see more playing time?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
No one. I have trust in the coaches that the best players are getting the snaps they deserve. They see and can evaluate a whole lot better than any of us can.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I would have said Chris Evans but Perine had a fairly solid game especially in the department I believe Evans would have the biggest impact. Although I still think he showcased some quality talent on that long catch a few games ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe not in the "backup" capacity, but the OL... In the form of long, punishing, time consuming drives. This unit has come a long way since the start of the season, but the development is far from over. A few long, ball-control drives per game will have them reaching their peak for the playoff run.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:43 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would have said Chris Evans but Perine had a fairly solid game especially in the department I believe Evans would have the biggest impact. Although I still think he showcased some quality talent on that long catch a few games ago.

I thought Trayveon Williams looked like he could take snaps from Evans in KR and RB 2-3
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Drue Chrisman
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 03:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Drue Chrisman

Actually, I'm hoping for Bengal punters to get few, if any reps per game..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 03:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I'm hoping for Bengal punters to get few, if any reps per game..

I was hoping he would get alot more practice holding for extra points.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Before Sunday Drue Chrisman but as of now Chris Evans
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought Trayveon Williams looked like he could take snaps from Evans in KR and RB 2-3

I also thought Williams looked completely superior to Evans.  I'm sure Evans is probably a better receiver, but Williams was a great spark at KR where Evans has struggled.
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 03:21 PM)wcu Wrote: I also thought Williams looked completely superior to Evans.  I'm sure Evans is probably a better receiver, but Williams was a great spark at KR where Evans has struggled.

I'm curious what's gonna happen with Brandon Wilson. We opened his practice window if I'm not mistaken so he should be able to play soon.
Reply/Quote
Carter and Guenther seem solid in the middle. I'd like to see them in there a bit more to give Hubbard and Henderickson more of a blow. If you remember in the playoffs, they were gassed. I want them to get a bit more experience.

Other than that I think we're good.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
He already got t last Sunday but certainly Irwin looks like he could get more PT

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Ossai, anything to help the pash rush get home instead of just pressure.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 07:03 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm curious what's gonna happen with Brandon Wilson. We opened his practice window if I'm not mistaken so he should be able to play soon.

I'd forgotten about Wilson. It'll be interesting to see if he can contribute. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought Trayveon Williams looked like he could take snaps from Evans in KR and RB 2-3

The 3.5ypc by Williams really blew you away? 

Evans averaged 26.6 yards per return his first 6 games running it back. I'm not saying he looked worse or won't be successful but Evans averaged 4.5ypc last year. That's not to mention the receiving aspect he brings. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 08:47 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Ossai, anything to help the pash rush get home instead of just pressure.

We definitely need something to get the pass rush going but I'm not sure Ossai is the answer. He already has 178 snaps (28% of all defensive snaps) this year and only 1 sack. His problem has not been lack of playing time. His problem is not doing anything with the playing time to where you even notice he's in. 
Reply/Quote
Well, before Pratt had an insane game(thank you, DJ Reader) I would've said Markus Bailey because I love watching him read the play before it develops.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see Irwin make the 53,and get some targets.Also would like to see Hurst get more targets.I think he only had like 3 targets in the last game.
Reply/Quote