Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Playoff Generator
I posted this in another thread about a week ago, but I thought it deserves its own thread. Gives folks a chance to view possible options:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Currently we are the #4 seed and host the Colts.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We handle our business against the Ravens, San Fran beats the Titans, and the Bills beat the Pats. The KC game becomes a #1 seed v. #2 seed game.

Now here's the kicker: IF Pitt beats KC next week, then the KC-Cincy game becomes a battle for the #1 seed in the AFC

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We handle our business against the Ravens, San Fran beats the Titans, and the Bills beat the Pats. The KC game becomes a #1 seed v. #2 seed game.

Now here's the kicker: IF Pitt beats KC next week, then the KC-Cincy game becomes a battle for the #1 seed in the AFC

I was gonna mention this exact scenario. Bengals win out and get an additional loss from KC, plus one loss each by NE and TEN and they get the #1 seed. Maybe unlikely, but something to think about.

Also, if the Bengals win next week and PIT loses to KC and CLE loses to GB, then the Bengals would only need one win or a loss by the other division teams to take the division.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Imagine being the #1 seed, it'd make no sense.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Imagine being the #1 seed, it'd make no sense.

I’m counting a bye as a playoff win.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Let’s just pray we beat Baltimore !!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Imagine being the #1 seed, it'd make no sense.

That’d be beautiful just for the reactions here lol either everyone will go back to post Baltimore blowout thinking we’re the best team ever OR everyone will still be pissed and want Zac gone and talk about how bad our team is as they sit as the first seed in the AFC.

In reality I think we’ll be fighting for a playoff spot not first place. It’ll be close, but I think we grab one of the 7 spots.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m counting a bye as a playoff win.

I'm with ya

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We handle our business against the Ravens, San Fran beats the Titans, and the Bills beat the Pats. The KC game becomes a #1 seed v. #2 seed game.

Thought this was a lock to happen a couple of weeks back but the Patriots won handily and proved me wrong. 

Still think the Bills match well Pats though if defense shows up this time. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Its crazy how jumbled the AFC is.  I cannot remember a recent scenario where the difference between a win and a loss is so huge.  You can go from leading your division to on the outside looking in
Reply/Quote
Teams that get hot this time of year tend to do well in the playoffs. Here's to us getting hot.
Reply/Quote
Raven game is huge. Hope the Bengals play their best game Sunday.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I like trying to keep some integrity with mine by just picking who I think will win each game, not "fixing" games to get a more favorable result, and accounting for some teams sitting key players in the last week. (Not saying no one else does this)

My results:

AFC BYE = Chiefs

AFC WC Games
Bills @ Pats
Colts @ Titans
Chargers @ Bengals

NFC BYE = Packers

NFC WC Games
49ers @ Cowboys
Saints @ Rams
Cards @ Bucs

I have us beating the Ravens and losing to the Chiefs and Browns, yet we win the division with a 9-8 record, which many thought was impossible.

The scary part here, is the Steelers can win the division in week 17 by beating the Ravens. Despite us sweeping them, the tie would put them ahead of us. Thanks, Lions!
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 03:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have us beating the Ravens and losing to the Chiefs and Browns, yet we win the division with a 9-8 record, which many thought was impossible.

The scary part here, is the Steelers can win the division in week 17 by beating the Ravens. Despite us sweeping them, the tie would put them ahead of us. Thanks, Lions!

How you sound  Hilarious

[Image: 764_zpse01b15ab.gif?width=450&height=278...&crop=fill]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

So, um you rooting for Pitt next week?  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 05:05 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So, um you rooting for Pitt next week?  Mellow
Nope, but it would be a silver lining if they win. 

Reply/Quote
It took some finagling but I came up with this scenario as the one i'd want to see the most:

[Image: playoffs.png]
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 05:56 PM)basballguy Wrote: It took some finagling but I came up with this scenario as the one i'd want to see the most:

lol dont do that....
Reply/Quote
lol 2 ties, imagine if we were that good we could force a tie for a favorable matchup
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 05:56 PM)basballguy Wrote: It took some finagling but I came up with this scenario as the one i'd want to see the most:

I don't want to see the Browns in the playoffs that is an upset team. A really good defense and even better rushing offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote