Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Playoff Generator
I think it will come down to the last week with us needing a win vs Cleveland to get in. Assuming we lose to the Chiefs which is very realistic. Pittsburgh and Cleveland both play each so someone will get a win. If we don’t win the North and go 9-8 I don’t see us getting a wildcard spot. The Titans already have 10 wins and the Clots play the Jags week 18 think they win that gets them to 10. A Patriots win vs. the Jags gets them 10 wins and the Bills play the Falcons and Jets so if they go 1-1 that’s 10. That would leave one wild card spot and if a team like the Chargers goes 1-1 they would get the last wildcard because they beat us head to head. Basically win the Division or bust the way I see it.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:52 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Browns beat Steelers currently 2.5 favorites and we lose to Chiefs currently 4.5 point underdogs no way NBC doesnt flex our week 18 game to Sunday night. I just hope we have a consolation prize of a wildcard before that game is played.

If we are flexed it will have to be before this weekend's games.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If we are flexed it will have to be before this weekend's games.

According to Jay Morrison, the last week of the season can flex within 6 days of the game as opposed to the 12 other weeks. So I believe they have until next Monday night to decide.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:38 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: ... more realistic than the Chargers losing to Texans

[Image: jPMGALa.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Our wildcard chances took a hit with Wentz being out for colts. Raiders win makes Broncos a must win against Chargers
Reply/Quote
i can't stop playing with this damn thing now. thanks bfine
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 04:26 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Our wildcard chances took a hit with Wentz being out for colts. Raiders win makes Broncos a must win against Chargers

Wentz could still play. NFL and NFLPA agreed to reduce the isolation period from 10 to 5 days to line up with the new CDC guidelines.

NFL, NFLPA agree to modified COVID-19 protocols, cutting standard isolation period from 10 to 5 days
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:30 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I think it will come down to the last week with us needing a win vs Cleveland to get in. Assuming we lose to the Chiefs which is very realistic. Pittsburgh and Cleveland both play each so someone will get a win. If we don’t win the North and go 9-8 I don’t see us getting a wildcard spot. The Titans already have 10 wins and the Clots play the Jags week 18 think they win that gets them to 10. A Patriots win vs. the Jags gets them 10 wins and the Bills play the Falcons and Jets so if they go 1-1 that’s 10. That would leave one wild card spot and if a team like the Chargers goes 1-1 they would get the last wildcard because they beat us head to head. Basically win the Division or bust the way I see it.

Not really. We just need a 3rd team to end up 9-8 with us and the Chargers in that case. Then we win the tie breaker. There’s still a decent chance the 7 seed comes down to 3 or more 9-8 teams and from what I’ve seen we win the tie breaker every time.

Edit: looks like we would lose 3+ way tie breaker if Pats lose out as well and end up 9-8.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:30 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I think it will come down to the last week with us needing a win vs Cleveland to get in. Assuming we lose to the Chiefs which is very realistic. Pittsburgh and Cleveland both play each so someone will get a win. If we don’t win the North and go 9-8 I don’t see us getting a wildcard spot. The Titans already have 10 wins and the Clots play the Jags week 18 think they win that gets them to 10. A Patriots win vs. the Jags gets them 10 wins and the Bills play the Falcons and Jets so if they go 1-1 that’s 10. That would leave one wild card spot and if a team like the Chargers goes 1-1 they would get the last wildcard because they beat us head to head. Basically win the Division or bust the way I see it.

I was playing with the generator yesterday and found a couple scenarios where the Bengals can get in as a wildcard with a 9-8 record.

It's possible. Hardly anyone in the AFC is playing any cupcakes these next 2 weeks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was playing with the generator yesterday and found a couple scenarios where the Bengals can get in as a wildcard with a 9-8 record.

It's possible. Hardly anyone in the AFC is playing any cupcakes these next 2 weeks.

I wonder if there’s anyone who just has to get to 9-8 and that gets them the wild card, no matter what anyone else does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:45 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I wonder if there’s anyone who just has to get to 9-8 and that gets them the wild card, no matter what anyone else does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not.

There are 11 teams between 9-6 and 7-8 and none of them can get in by making it to 9-8 alone. Every single one would need help.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Anyone mind running the scenario where we lose our final 2 games and still find a way to get in as a Wild Card. What would that entail from other teams? Of course, I'm hoping for a HUGE W on Sunday but just wondering about all possible avenues.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:37 AM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Anyone mind running the scenario where we lose our final 2 games and still find a way to get in as a Wild Card. What would that entail from other teams? Of course, I'm hoping for a HUGE W on Sunday but just wondering about all possible avenues.

5 games would have to go the Bengals way:

1 & 2) Miami has to win one of its last two, while losing the other. (TEN, NE)
3) Baltimore has to lose to LA Rams this weekend.
4) Indianapolis has to beat Las Vegas this weekend.
5) LA Chargers have to lose at least one of their last two games. (LV, DEN)

As far as I know, this is the only way to get a WC spot.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:59 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: 5 games would have to go the Bengals way:

I could see these things happening.....on the other hand.....BEAT THE CHIEFS!!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was playing with the generator yesterday and found a couple scenarios where the Bengals can get in as a wildcard with a 9-8 record.

Far as the North goes I don’t see the Ravens beating the Rams meaning the best they could finish would be 9-8 and we would have the tiebreaker over them. The biggest issue is there’s a good chance we lose to the Chiefs and Pittsburgh and Cleveland play each other so somebody will win meaning the Browns could be playing us for the North title or playing spoiler with nothing to lose. If Pittsburgh beats Cleveland they play Baltimore the final game no idea who wins that to be honest. Basically we need to win 1 game.
Reply/Quote
Our playoffs began last week tbh.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:59 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: 5 games would have to go the Bengals way:

There are actually a ton of different possible scenarios for us to end up 9-8 and still get the WC. We just need multiple 9-8 teams besides us fighting for a spot (not the pats though). Indy can lose this week to Lv and we still get a WC. Miami can win out and we still get a WC. Chargers could win out and we still make it. Baltimore could win out and we still make it.

We will know a lot more after this week. Still feels like infinite possibilities with this many teams involved.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I posted this in another thread about a week ago, but I thought it deserves its own thread. Gives folks a chance to view possible options:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Currently we are the #4 seed and host the Colts.

Currently #3 seed and facing the Raiders. If Chargers beat Broncos we will be on schedule to face the Colts.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Currently #3 seed and facing the Raiders. If Chargers beat Broncos we will be on schedule to face the Colts.

After filling mine out, I have us playing the Patriots.

Obviously, I'd rather play the Raiders. Would be cool to break the "curse of Bo Jackson" against them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote