Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please make Doug Marrone our OC
.....that way we can have our HC in waiting when giggles gets the axe!!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Who the hell would want Doug Marrone as our head coach?

Marty Mornhinweg has the best track record as an OC, but I would not want him as a potential head coach.
Reply/Quote
I am cool with Zampese. Hopefully he just picks up where Hue left off.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am cool with Zampese. Hopefully he just picks up where Hue left off.

I think that, no matter who gets the job, tweaking the offense is about as far as it would go.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:21 PM)McC Wrote: I think that, no matter who gets the job, tweaking the offense is about as far as it would go.

Our system and plays were good, and I think that starting all over and making the team learn a whole new offense would be stupid, but it's when Hue called those plays that as stupid and he was a horrible situational play-caller, just like people always criticize Marvin for being a horrible situational coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who the hell would want Doug Marrone as our head coach?

Marty Mornhinweg has the best track record as an OC, but I would not want him as a potential head coach.

Marrone supposedly is not well liked wherever he has been. And Marty M was terrible with the jets.... Rather take a chance on an unproven current assistant.
Reply/Quote
No way we get Marrone.

It'll be Zampeze. Just get used to it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Marty M was terrible with the jets....  

Mornhinweg was OC with the Jets when Geno Smith was QB.  You have to look at his full resume.

Under Mike Zimmer the Falcons had the 29th ranked defense and the Cowboys ranked 27th one year.  That does not mean he is a bad DC.  Even the good coaches need talent to work with.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No way we get Marrone.

I predict Zampese or Urban.

I don't know why we would even want Marrone.
Reply/Quote
Bengals next HC is rumored to be Guenthner (Cincy Jungle).

I don't want Zampese as OC, in fact, I think its time for a fresh QB coach.

If they want to be successful, I believe they need an outside guy to come in as OC. Dalton's OC at TCU maybe or some other hot up and coming NCAA OC??

I don't think they can be successful against Cleveland calling Hue Jackson's plays...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who the hell would want Doug Marrone as our head coach?

Summed it up for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:17 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Bengals next HC is rumored to be Guenthner (Cincy Jungle).

I don't want Zampese as OC, in fact, I think its time for a fresh QB coach.

If they want to be successful, I believe they need an outside guy to come in as OC. Dalton's OC at TCU maybe or some other hot up and coming NCAA OC??

I don't think they can be successful against Cleveland calling Hue Jackson's plays...

Why would you bring in Dalton's OC at TCU?  

As far as I'm concerned, just promote from within on this one.  No need to reinvent the wheel.  Andy played like a pro-bowl QB this year.  I'd change as little as possible.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:17 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I don't want Zampese as OC, in fact, I think its time for a fresh QB coach.

Yep.  Most other NFL teams change QB coaches right after their QB has by far the greatest season of his career.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
It will be Zampese or Urban.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No way we get Marrone.

I would like getting used to Zampeze much more than Marrone
Reply/Quote
Please let this be a joke thread.....Really, Marrone??
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  Most other NFL teams change QB coaches right after their QB has by far the greatest season of his career.

Rolleyes

The argument could be made that Zampese never got it done, and it wasn't until Dalton went all in on Tom House that he took the next step...

I think Zampese is probably an okay QB coach. I think it raises questions that he's never been seriously considered here or elsewhere for OC positions. He seems like a Jim Anderson, Paul Alexander, permanent position coach to me... and it does bug me a touch Dalton took huge strides going outside the building with Tom House.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:41 PM)gobobro Wrote:  and it does bug me a touch Dalton took huge strides going outside the building with Tom House.

Dalton was improving every year before he ever went to House.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton was improving every year before he ever went to House.

That seems like more of an opinion than a fact. I think he made a jump from year one to two. Then he plateaued for two and three. He started going to House before year four, and I thought he looked better early in the season. His decision making was suspect, and his mechanics deteriorated throughout the year...

This past off season, he went to house a lot, and it showed. He brought House to Cincinnati, and I think it showed. He kept seeing House during the season, and it showed... I give Tom House way more props than I give Zampese. It's an opinion, but it jives with me more than thinking Zampese molded Dalton's great year.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:51 PM)gobobro Wrote: That seems like more of an opinion than a fact. I think he made a jump from year one to two. Then he plateaued for two and three. He started going to House before year four, and I thought he looked better early in the season. His decision making was suspect, and his mechanics deteriorated throughout the year...

This past off season, he went to house a lot, and it showed. He brought House to Cincinnati, and I think it showed. He kept seeing House during the season, and it showed... I give Tom House way more props than I give Zampese. It's an opinion, but it jives with me more than thinking Zampese molded Dalton's great year.

Most of this is opinion, but I tend to agree with you.  I think House has brought out the best in Andy.  I know Fred will disagree with this, but I also look at what Palmer has done since leaving here.  I'm personally not a big Zampese fan and hope he does not get the job.  I also think it is sort of a "lazy" hire.
Reply/Quote