Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please make Doug Marrone our OC
Dirk Koetter just became Tampa Bay's head coach. He's off the market. Whatever
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They should bring in Jim Mora for the OC and Buddy Ryan as DC.

I'm sure the Bengals would win ALL of the postseason games then. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 08:44 PM)tlotharw Wrote: What are you talking about?  That 2 point conversion call with Green, M. Jones and Sanu on the sideline was fantastic!

I am also certain that Hue - or anyone else for that matter - never uttered a word instruction to Hill about the most important carries of his career before he went out on the field for "The Fumble".

It's the simple fact that he sent him out there to carry it at all.

That was another unfortunate side effect of Shazier trying to end Gio.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Carson's passer rating went up 3.5 points in a decade while the rest of the league's passer rating improved over 10 points (from 78.2 in '05 to 88.4 in '15).  The rules have changed a lot since '05 and it is much easier to pass today.

Compared to the rest of the league Palmer has regressed since he left here.  In 2005 only 4 QBs compiled a 95 passer rating.  In 2015 six QBs had a passer rating over 100.

When you look at the big picture Palmer was better under Zampese than he was this year.

If you can honestly look at Palmer, who is 36 years old and has had multiple serious injuries, and claim that he has "regressed" since his time here, then I give up.  Good day to you sir.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 10:46 PM)McC Wrote: It's the simple fact that he sent him out there to carry it at all.

That was another unfortunate side effect of Shazier trying to end Gio.

Yeah, as long as he is conscious, Gio would have been the ball carrier in that situation I have to imagine. Trust him to hold onto it much more. Or at least have the intelligence to put two hands on it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 10:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They should bring in Jim Mora for the OC and Buddy Ryan as DC.

I'm sure the Bengals would win ALL of the postseason games then. Ninja
That would basically be the trifecta of post season failure... by the laws of nature, I'm not sure you are allowed to assemble all of that in one room...
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Most of this is opinion, but I tend to agree with you.  I think House has brought out the best in Andy.  I know Fred will disagree with this, but I also look at what Palmer has done since leaving here.  I'm personally not a big Zampese fan and hope he does not get the job.  I also think it is sort of a "lazy" hire.

Whatever House was spouting Andy was believing in.  When you have a student having confidence in what you're saying, it makes a difference.  Especially if he sees results right away.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Lane Kiffin should get a look
Reply/Quote
Whoever it is I hope it happens soon. All the good ones are being snagged up and we will probably end up promoting or hiring someone that never has been one before.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:54 AM)CincyKid Wrote: Lane Kiffin should get a look

I worry about his inability to work with others but marvin could handle guys like that... Hue had a similar reputation.
Reply/Quote

I don't know how much the Bengals' OC position pays, but I'm not sure why Kiffin would look at it.  He is doing extremely well at Alabama, is finally in a stable situation, and I would think needs to rehab his image a little bit more.
Reply/Quote

Laner Kiffen has never been an OC in the NFL, and the only time he has been successful in college is when he had an overwhelming talent advantage (USC, Alabama)

NFL is totally different from college and Kiffen has been a failure in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If you can honestly look at Palmer, who is 36 years old and has had multiple serious injuries, and claim that he has "regressed" since his time here, then I give up.  Good day to you sir.

You are giving up because the facts prove my point.

Palmer still has just as good of an arm as he had here.  Anyone that watches him throw can see that.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are giving up because the facts prove my point.

Palmer still has just as good of an arm as he had here.  Anyone that watches him throw can see that.

No, I give up because trying to have any sort of debate with you is pointless.  You count your opinion as some sort of gospel while completely discounting the opinion of others.  Because after all, much of this conversation is just that... our opinions.  Add in the fact that I just think you like to argue (a good trait for an attorney) and I choose not to continue.  Again, good day to you sir.
Reply/Quote