Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
[Image: udz-7ToF9GaeLQJnjFi1dbkMGQ6NtPwsAZ_rkWvp...3feb191985]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
[Image: m865fce4aj231.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:51 AM)Dill Wrote: "Insert" or "activate"?   I don't believe there is any kind of cap insertion those things.

Unscrew the bottom cover and there is a ring attached to a string. 

Ziehen.  Schnell werfen.  DECKUNG!

It says "Sprengkapsel einsetzen", and "einsetzen" is "insert". 
In some context "einsetzen" can also mean "use", but not when there's also "vor Gebrauch" (before use) written there.

And though the words are not legible as a whole, I am pretty confident my reading and translation is correct. You need a capsule that is inserted first for the big boom.

You seem to know your way around german grenades though :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:59 AM)hollodero Wrote: It says "Sprengkapsel einsetzen", and "einsetzen" is "insert". 
In some context "einsetzen" can also mean "use", but not when there's also "vor Gebrauch" (before use) written there.

And though the words are not legible as a whole, I am pretty confident my reading and translation is correct. You need a capsule that is inserted first for the big boom.

You seem to know your way around german grenades though :)

Actually, I do know a little about them. And a little German too. Notice the detonator (Sprengkapsule) is way up in the head. No way you would insert any "capsule" before use in the field. You would have to unscrew the head.  These are made to be yanked out of a boot and thrown right away. No monkeying with detonators.

[Image: m24-stick-hand-grenade-02.jpg]
Some have a little porcelain ball on the end of the string instead of a ring. Just pull that and throw. Your "Sprengkapsel" is already inserted, probably before shipment to the front.
[Image: agg7114__8.jpg?v=1505288879]
Reply/Quote
[Image: y5suzbgg9h231.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: 62325714_2216187535144098_68348223499555...e=5D9133D6]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 62126636_10219405692954498_8202316215897...e=5D9CC363]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 61658519_10219269989850252_2557029666099...e=5D8C8741]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:02 AM)Dill Wrote: Actually, I do know a little about them.  No way you would insert any "capsule" before use in the field. Some have a little porcelain ball on the end of the string instead of a ring.

[Image: m24-stick-hand-grenade-02.jpg]
Here we go--picture of the ball and string.
[Image: agg7114__8.jpg?v=1505288879]

lol... well I can only tell you what is written there. I'm certain it does not mean "use detonation cap before use", but "insert detonation cap before use". How it works, I can not tell you that.

But since I'm really bor... nice, I have a wikipedia link: A wikipedia link! --- now search for the word "insert" (or Sprengkapsel or whatever) and it jumps to the translation, that confirms mine. Maybe there's also written how it works, but my interest in Stielhandgranaten is pretty much over now.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 61921911_2216362001793318_44287466409830...e=5D967EA6]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:19 AM)hollodero Wrote: lol... well I can only tell you what is written there. I'm certain it does not mean "use detonation cap before use", but "insert detonation cap before use". How it works, I can not tell you that.

But since I'm really bor... nice, I have a wikipedia link: A wikipedia link! --- now search for the word "insert" (or Sprengkapsel or whatever) and it jumps to the translation, that confirms mine. Maybe there's also written how it works, but my interest in Stielhandgranaten is pretty much over now.

LOL I'll let you have the last word then.  Almost. 

Though my Duden reminds me of a wider range of usage, I think you are right, since I found they use the same phrase for landmines, and they do mean "insert the detonator," not "activate" it. Makes sense there.

I just can't figure out why they would write that on a grenade. Just more nit-picky German exactness?

Germans need to change some of their words.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 12:23 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL I'll let you have the last word then.  Almost. 

Though my Duden reminds me of a wider range of usage, I think you are right, since found they use the same phrase for landmines, and they do mean "insert the detonator," not "activate" it. Makes sense there.

I just can't figure out why they would write that on a grenade. Just more nit-picky German exactness?

Germans need to change some of their words.

Well sure there's a wider range of possible meanings, but they all would make no sense. Neither would "utilize detonator before use", which is literally the worst thing one could do. - Why they would write it there, I would not know. I'm not German, after all. Maybe it's a legal issue, so they do not insert the wrong thing or whatever. Maybe some just forgot otherwise. Germans are stupid. I'm Austrian, we are bound by honor to say that once in a while.

And it's not like the English language does not have its share of confusing words. Whenever I tell some English person that I'd like to indroduce them to my ****, they usually run away, which makes my rooster really sad.

- I'm sorry for that lewd comment, but there's usually one person who gives away rep points for that kind of thing, so.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 61761761_2536007563085154_44988708769675...e=5D9D2C66]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 08:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If they are not afraid then that would mean they are NOT gullible.  So I still don't get the point.

So the reason for rise of STDs for FIVE YEARS was a law that was just passed SIX MONTHS earlier?

I thought you were just messing with us, but you are actually just clueless.  Why actually read anything when you have a source of right-wing memes telling you what to believe, right?  It is so much easier than learning what is really happening.

"Scapegoats" Hilarious   That's a good one.
Not afraid doesn't mean not gullible. Meme aside, that if/then sentence doesn't follow any sort of deductive reasoning at all. 

I literally said I agree with you on the 2nd meme and your still trying to argue. Classic Fred.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 02:32 AM)Dill Wrote: That's not a "club." 

It's a POTATO MASHER.

And you don't want to be nearby when it goes off.

[Image: REP1001-German-M24-Stick-Grenade_1024x10...1532466691]

I thought it was some sort of grenade in the meme, but that part wasn't really relevant to my response so I didn't say anything. 

You shouldn't have posted the picture with German writing though. People are really going to think my memes are Nazi propaganda now.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 07:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I thought it was some sort of grenade in the meme, but that part wasn't really relevant to my response so I didn't say anything. 

You shouldn't have posted the picture with German writing though. People are really going to think my memes are Nazi propaganda now.

I thought the Stahlhelm was a giveaway to it being a German.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 07:36 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Not afraid doesn't mean not gullible. Meme aside, that if/then sentence doesn't follow any sort of deductive reasoning at all. 

I literally said I agree with you on the 2nd meme and your still trying to argue. Classic Fred.

I like a lot of the meme's you post here for a couple of reasons.  1) I know I wouldn't run across any of them because I wouldn't debase my browsing history with whatever ****** up corners of the deepweb  you're conjuring them.  Its a nice little glimpse into the closet without having to poke your head all the way in.  2) I've come to realize a lot of them you neither agree with or give a **** about the principle, you just have a very refined humor pallet and share stuff you think is presented in that style; regardless if you agree with it.   
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I like a lot of the meme's you post here for a couple of reasons.  1) I know I wouldn't run across any of them because I wouldn't debase my browsing history with whatever ****** up corners of the deepweb  you're conjuring them.  Its a nice little glimpse into the closet without having to poke your head all the way in.  2) I've come to realize a lot of them you neither agree with or give a **** about the principle, you just have a very refined humor pallet and share stuff you think is presented in that style; regardless if you agree with it.   

Totally agree.  I don't like all the stuff posted in this thread but funny is funny and that is in the eye of the beholder.  I've chuckled at things here that are 180' from my viewpoint 'cause I can have a sick/dark sense of humor sometimes!  
Reply/Quote
[Image: jw27vrujqm231.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...f6cefa660e]

Reply/Quote
[Image: se5uibs6bl231.jpg]

Reply/Quote