Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(09-04-2020, 03:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know about the other people on the list, but Bezos (Amazon) has hired a ton of people since the pandemic (In April they reported hiring 175k more people since the start of the pandemic, which could be even more now), and Tesla (Musk) is planning on making a new factory in Texas adding thousands of jobs. Note on Musk, there was a drop in hiring people pre-pandemic too.

It's also possible one of these giant corporations put your business or prior employer out of work before hiring you, Thus causing some sort of zero net sum gain of sorts. 

It' woukd be interesting to see what percentage of new Amazon hires had a job 6 months ago. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 04:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's also possible one of these giant corporations put your business or prior employer out of work before hiring you, Thus causing some sort of zero net sum gain of sorts. 

It' woukd be interesting to see what percentage of new Amazon hires had a job 6 months ago. 

It would be tricky to find that information, because you would have to see if Amazon caused the business you were an employee for to go under and not something like the pandemic, so the "had a job 6 months ago" thing doesn't really work
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 04:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It would be tricky to find that information, because you would have to see if Amazon caused the business you were an employee for to go under and not something like the pandemic, so the "had a job 6 months ago" thing doesn't really work

The pandemic just hastened the process of small businesses closing and being overtaken by the big-name conglomerates.  I'm not complaining about capitalism, but you can't help but notice how economic crisis for the masses leads to an upturn in profits for the big 'uns.

HOT TAKE - We are all going to work for Wal Mart or Amazon eventually.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 05:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: HOT TAKE - We are all going to work for Wal Mart or Amazon eventually.

Less hot than you might think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacorporation

Staple of Scifi for many decades.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 118603821_5127281483949455_7132892920336...e=5F77576E]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 118620752_5126261054051498_1741093485660...e=5F7923F2]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 10:17 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Less hot than you might think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacorporation

Staple of Scifi for many decades.

Science fiction has always been the secret talking point of the left-wing.  

What if we are destroying our planet?.
PEOPLE - BOOO!!!! Commie!!!!
Er, I mean...what if grey alien guys have to take over our planet because they've destroyed their own planet?
PEOPLE - Ooooh!  Interesting!
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 10:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 118603821_5127281483949455_7132892920336...e=5F77576E]

[Image: 4dyc56.jpg]

"If you're innocent, what's there to fear?" 

...see how stupid that sounds? Just because police don't want to be constantly bombarded by frivolous lawsuits by criminals and groups that hate police doesn't mean they are a "bad apple". There are people nearing their 100th straight day of rioting, sometimes flaring up due to false internet rumors. You honestly think they wouldn't spend that time locking all police in an endless cycle of courtroom appearances (and legal fees) if they could? Fishing for lawsuits would be a whole new business industry.

The only people who win without qualified immunity are anarchists, criminals, and lawyers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: bernie-sanders-aoc-soviet-using-joe-bide...C371&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
[Image: rkcix5kcmdl51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...caa1f26318]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:14 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: [Image: bernie-sanders-aoc-soviet-using-joe-bide...C371&ssl=1]

Considering the help Trump received from Russia to get elected the irony of the Soviet Hammer and Sickle is too funny.
Reply/Quote
[Image: nancy-pelosi-clear-setup-trump-hair.jpg?...C371&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 08:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

She does sorta look like Iron Maiden's mascot Eddie. Especially on the album cover of Killers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: EhRfs6RWAAA-PDf?format=jpg&name=large]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
[Image: Screenshot-20200907-090645-Facebook.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: Screenshot-20200907-090225-Facebook.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: FB-IMG-1599484890244.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 119024187_10218714168421164_921288759815...e=5F7CF63C]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 09:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: EhRfs6RWAAA-PDf?format=jpg&name=large]

Funny you should post this Matt. As a couple of you know I live on a farm overlooking the Ohio river & have lived here the vast majority of my life. Yesterday after church someone mentioned a boat rally travelling down river here in my community. Needless to say I'm not attending any rally for anyone ever & it kind of slipped my mind. But I did finally remember about mid afternoon so my wife & I rode the atv up where we could get a clear/unobstructed view to see if by chance we could see what they were talking about. I thought before hand there might be a few boats but what we ended up viewing was a massive armada coming down river. I'm talking several 100's of boats if not well over a 1000. So many you could never get an accurate count.
 Literally I've never saw this many boats on the river at one time in my entire life. Never saw anything like it before anywhere. Barge traffic came to a full stop in both directions while the flotilla made it's way down river. The barges were blowing their horns in support as they were surrounded. (Not to mention they were carrying coal) Helicopters flying on both sides of the river. We can see probably a 6-8 mile stretch of the river and they were from  one end of the valley to the other. At least the portion we could see. 
Reply/Quote