Poll: Starting RG?
Adeniji
Carman
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Poll: Adeniji or Carman?
(01-26-2022, 07:45 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Normally I would agree with you but in this case Carman has play 462 snaps this year compared to Adeniji's 555 snaps.  So it's not like we would be bringing in someone who hasn't played at all. 

That is true, I am just worried about the communication and gelling of our offensive line (shit after last performance id say they aren't very smooth lol), makes me nervous either way.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
As bad as Adjeni was in the last game, you don't switch horses midstream. He brought us to the dance, let him take us home. You can't anoint Carman the "better" player just based on the other guy being so bad. Remember when we were all "Boo" on Scott Mitchell, because how bad could Akili be? Well, that question got answered.
Reply/Quote
Let the Coaches decide.Like it or not,they just have to do their best with what they have.
Reply/Quote
If the plan is to run the ball between the tackles 30+ times, Carman. If the plan is to lean on the pass/screen game, Adeniji. 
Reply/Quote
The AFC Championship is not a game you plug a new player into the system. Plus we are playing at Arrowhead one of the loudest stadiums. Adeniji has been starting and the you have to trust the coaches.

XSF was cut and made it back onto the PS. Gotta let the young players play, that is why they were drafted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is nothing "contrarian" about generally agreeing with the coaches.  In fact I am pretty consistent with that opinion.

Are you sure you know what the word "contrarian" means?

I know you were with them on the:

Dunlap thing

Peak or Plateau thing

Zac having insight on Tannehill thing

It's not the players thing

Matter of fact...you pretty much throw shade at this coaching staff on the regular

As to the OP: Whomever the coaches choose. I thought Fred should be starting over Prince but they proved me wrong last week; I think XSF should be starting, but what do I know.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Put them both in one big uniform and helmet..and a pair of 3 legged pants..   ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:05 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: The AFC Championship is not a game you plug a new player into the system. Plus we are playing at Arrowhead one of the loudest stadiums. Adeniji has been starting and the you have to trust the coaches.

XSF was cut and made it back onto the PS. Gotta let the young players play, that is why they were drafted.

You also can't be afraid to put in the guys who give you the best chance to win.  Adeniji gave up what 4 sacks last game?  If that doesn't lose you your job what does??

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: XSF has been injured practically all season

this says more about Carmen

I’m more wondering how he doesn’t seem to be a viable option now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Once again and maybe I'm wrong because its certainly been a whirlwind of emotions as a Bengals fan the last few weeks.

But thought I recalled the O-line playing horrible in KC and Carman was put in after halftime and everything started clicking together much better.

Have done a lot of celebrating lately so not positive, somebody set me straight.

Voting Carman myself per think he is much better at run blocking at least, but obviously going to support whomever the coaches throw out there Sunday.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Once again and maybe I'm wrong because its certainly been a whirlwind of emotions as a Bengals fan the last few weeks.

But thought I recalled the O-line playing horrible in KC and Carman was put in after halftime and everything started clicking together much better.

Have done a lot of celebrating lately so not positive, somebody set me straight.  

Voting Carman myself per think he is much better at run blocking at least, but obviously going to support whomever the coaches throw out there Sunday.

Spain got injured and Carmen filled in

Cincy scored 17 in the first half, and 17 in the 2nd half. The defense is what stepped up in the 2nd half
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:45 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Normally I would agree with you but in this case Carman has play 462 snaps this year compared to Adeniji's 555 snaps.  So it's not like we would be bringing in someone who hasn't played at all. 

Yep and the guy being replaced has had some terrible snaps as of late.
Reply/Quote
While I voted Carman as I think he is better, and PFF grades as flawed as they are seem to say so as well. I have no problem if the coaches start Adeniji, but if the poor display I witnessed last week continues during the game then do not be afraid to make a change during the game. I would even say the same for RT. Carman for sure helps the run game as he and Spain (when 100% healthy) are the only lineman that get an occasional run game push. Fred Johnson seems to get an occasional run game push as well but they seem to like Prince over him although I do not know why. That said I only like Johnson at T.

IF I was KC I would steadily line up Chris Jones over RG. He will eventually figure out how to beat whomever we put there. I would even consider rotating the RG by series. Maybe it takes Chris Jones twice as long to figure out the beat moves if we confuse the rythym? Continue to play whomever looks best late in game. Since a chair would have looked better than Adeniji last week I do not see how tying something different offers any risk of faulty communication along the line.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Spain got injured and Carmen filled in

Cincy scored 17 in the first half, and 17 in the 2nd half. The defense is what stepped up in the 2nd half

Know the defense stepped up and played out of their minds in second half except for some dropped INT's.

But could have sworn the O-line played better in second half against KC, but apparently I'm wrong which happens often.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Know the defense stepped up and played out of their minds in second half except for some dropped INT's.

But could have sworn the O-line played better in second half against KC, but apparently I'm wrong which happens often.   

You aren't wrong. Frank Booth is wrong which happens often. Mellow

He doesn't even know that Carmen isn't even on the team for heck sake. No such player on this roster. Mellow

There is a guy named Jackson Carman but evidently he doesn't know how to spell his name.
Reply/Quote
Dance with the one that brought you. Adeniji had a bad game against the Titans. Put it behind ya and let's get this dub.
Reply/Quote
The only reason Carman has that many snaps is because Adeniji was injured. Once he was healthy, Carman has been on the bench and the offense began clicking.

Adeniji is in year two of prepping from moving from OT in college to OG in the NFL, Carman is in year one and still tips plays because he's almost upright on pass plays and down level with everyone else on run plays.

Going into one of the loudest stadiums with a rookie that has communication issues in home games is not ideal. If he had Reiff next to him, maybe, but with another inexperienced player in Prince outside next to him . . . get your most cohesive lineup in there.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:29 PM)rankrank1 Wrote: IF I was KC I would steadily line up Chris Jones over RG.  He will eventually figure out how to beat whomever we put there.  *I would even consider rotating the RG by series.*  Maybe it takes Chris Jones twice as long to figure out the beat moves if we confuse the rythym?  Continue to play whomever looks best late in game.  Since a chair would have looked better than Adeniji last week I do not see how tying something different offers any risk of faulty communication along the line.

I love the creativity.  Hell why not?  If both are equal rotate them!  Hilarious

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:57 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The only reason Carman has that many snaps is because Adeniji was injured. Once he was healthy, Carman has been on the bench and the offense began clicking.

Adeniji is in year two of prepping from moving from OT in college to OG in the NFL, Carman is in year one and still tips plays because he's almost upright on pass plays and down level with everyone else on run plays.

Going into one of the loudest stadiums with a rookie that has communication issues in home games is not ideal. If he had Reiff next to him, maybe, but with another inexperienced player in Prince outside next to him . . . get your most cohesive lineup in there.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Adeniji isn't exactly lighting it up...

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches see them in hundreds and hundreds of reps in practice. They know more about them than any of us.

This guys a genius. Crown em now.
Reply/Quote