Poll: Starting RG?
Adeniji
Carman
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Poll: Adeniji or Carman?
(01-26-2022, 09:15 PM)grampahol Wrote: Put them both in one big uniform and helmet..and a pair of 3 legged pants..   ThumbsUp

Finally something that makes sense
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches see them in hundreds and hundreds of reps in practice.  They know more about them than any of us.

We thought they knew more on Ogbuehi and Fisher too. Coaches aren't always infallible and don't always make the right decisions. Them being smarter about football, having more knowledge on the playes, and more experience doesn't mean they can't be wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:57 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The only reason Carman has that many snaps is because Adeniji was injured. Once he was healthy, Carman has been on the bench and the offense began clicking.

Adeniji is in year two of prepping from moving from OT in college to OG in the NFL, Carman is in year one and still tips plays because he's almost upright on pass plays and down level with everyone else on run plays.

Going into one of the loudest stadiums with a rookie that has communication issues in home games is not ideal. If he had Reiff next to him, maybe, but with another inexperienced player in Prince outside next to him . . . get your most cohesive lineup in there.

I think you are seeing the difference in the two point and three point stances. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whoever the coaches pick?

Seriously, we're having on of the best seasons we've had in decades. I trust the guys who got us this far. If a cheerleader lines up as guard this week, I'll trust 'em.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:43 PM)TheFan Wrote: We thought they knew more on Ogbuehi and Fisher too. Coaches aren't always infallible and don't always make the right decisions. Them being smarter about football, having more knowledge on the playes, and more experience doesn't mean they can't be wrong. 

Different staff.

Og was a bad pick for sure. Fisher turned out to be. The guys who drafted those guys aren't the guys who signed these guys. Have faith.
Reply/Quote
Building chemistry on the Offensive Line is most important. Give me Adenji for the rest of the Journey.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I have no idea. I hope the coaches make the right call and we see improvement.

On a positive note: Throughout the season we have had 1-2 game stretches where the offensive line really struggles against tough opponents. The offensive line has usually responded well by having a statement game against slightly lesser dlines in the following games. I could very well see this happening this week against a weaker dline than they've faced in their first couple post-season games.

If we can get the win, the super bowl will be really tough on the oline. Both the 9ers and Rams are stacked. Probably the two best dlines in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:48 AM)Benton Wrote: Whoever the coaches pick?

Seriously, we're having on of the best seasons we've had in decades. I trust the guys who got us this far. If a cheerleader lines up as guard this week, I'll trust 'em.

I just want Joe to be as protected as possible.  Our future is so bright with him.  Plus, what else we got to talk about today?  Who Dey

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:25 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I just want Joe to be as protected as possible.  Our future is so bright with him.  Plus, what else we got to talk about today?  Who Dey

We are drafting O-line the first two picks of  next years draft. Maybe even a big FA signing for the O-line. 

Protect Joe at all costs!!!  Who Dey
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:42 AM)magikod Wrote: We are drafting O-line the first two picks of  next years draft. Maybe even a big FA signing for the O-line. 

Protect Joe at all costs!!!  Who Dey

I hope we go after a top T and a solid C.  Can even be a LT and move Jonah to RT.  Re-sign Spain and hope Carman can develop into a solid starter at RG.  This would free us up to pick BPA at 32.  I actually like some of our young prospects on the OL but we need to get some proven vets Joe is too damn good to gamble with and we got the money.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:20 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I hope we go after a top T and a solid C.  Can even be a LT and move Jonah to RT.  Re-sign Spain and hope Carman can develop into a solid starter at RG.  This would free us up to pick BPA at 32.  I actually like some of our young prospects on the OL but we need to get some proven vets Joe is too damn good to gamble with and we got the money.

agreed 100%.

O-line or best player available in the draft after the first round. unless someone crazy slips to us late in the 1st round we better go O-line.

Resign spain and like u said hope to god carman gets his shit together. he was a 2nd round pick
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll preface my opinion by stating I don't have anything valuable to contribute for why I voted Carman.

Zac has mentioned in pressers throughout the year how the team has players that have been in the big games before. He accounts for college ball when making this claim and points out how guys like Burrow, Tee, and Chase played in the college championship. Carman also has college national championship game experience. Maybe he's well-equipped for the big moment to play in the KC stadium.

I think in the trenches, the big moments don't really have as much play.  I feel like the bright lights of primetime/playoff games has less of an effect on dudes tryin' to block some of these game wrecking freak shows on some of these d-lines out here.  The skill positions especially qbs and receivers I think are the most likely to be effected by a big stage.

I guess running backs too, but something tells me just trying to not murdered by NFL defenders without the protection afforded receivers in the act of making a catch is so intense that once they receive a hand off they are quite un-distracted on account of basic survival instincts.

Ofc, kickers are the most likely to get the yips in a big moment, but it looks like we gotta guy who's on some Adam Vinateri shyt.  Which is nice.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 01:31 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I have no idea. I hope the coaches make the right call and we see improvement.

On a positive note: Throughout the season we have had 1-2 game stretches where the offensive line really struggles against tough opponents. The offensive line has usually responded well by having a statement game against slightly lesser dlines in the following games. I could very well see this happening this week against a weaker dline than they've faced in their first couple post-season games.

If we can get the win, the super bowl will be really tough on the oline. Both the 9ers and Rams are stacked. Probably the two best dlines in the league.

Oh snap, you're so right about that.  If we make it to the SB regardless of opponent the dline we face will be a stacked one.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:32 AM)Synric Wrote: I think you are seeing the difference in the two point and three point stances. 

No doubt.  I'd imagine each individual play determines for both guards and both tackles whether they go 2 or 3 point stance.

Besides your play action passing game, anytime you're ahead of the chains and the playbook is open, I'm sure teams pass from alignments that feature the whole Oline with hands in the dirt to try and throw the defense.
Reply/Quote
While Adeniji has had some major struggles, especially last game, being in a playoff run you have to go with what's "working". Nows not the time for experimenting.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:10 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: While Adeniji has had some major struggles, especially last game, being in a playoff run you have to go with what's "working". Nows not the time for experimenting.

Agreed, now is not the time to be mixing and matching our offensive linemen. 

Who Dey Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:43 PM)TheFan Wrote: We thought they knew more on Ogbuehi and Fisher too. Coaches aren't always infallible and don't always make the right decisions. Them being smarter about football, having more knowledge on the playes, and more experience doesn't mean they can't be wrong. 

There was no one better on the roster to play in front of Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
If Carman's problem is processing what the coaches want him to do, I'd be really surprised to see him get into the starting lineup right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:10 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: While Adeniji has had some major struggles, especially last game, being in a playoff run you have to go with what's "working". Nows not the time for experimenting.

But it's not working. He's a liability. He's gonna put Joe on crutches.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:22 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: You also can't be afraid to put in the guys who give you the best chance to win.  Adeniji gave up what 4 sacks last game?  If that doesn't lose you your job what does??

THIS.  
Reply/Quote