Poll: Starting RG?
Adeniji
Carman
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Poll: Adeniji or Carman?
Carman all day . The other was as worthless as a cone
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches see them in hundreds and hundreds of reps in practice.  They know more about them than any of us.

Honestly that's where my mind is at, and it makes the most sense.

But my heart says put Carmen out there and see what he can do.   My mind is reeling with the game Adenije had.  Is it because he's playing hurt?  I do not know, but it was really rough, and I expect Chris Jones will be feasting on him this week.

I would certainly give it a shot if Adenije looks like he did against the Titans.

Who knows?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tis comes as a double edged sword. Carmen is not quite ready but is a bulldozer when you tell him we are running right behind you. In pass pro he is liable to be rag dolled and or miss. Adeniji does not have the road grader run blocking but at certain points seems to be able to pass block. its a tough call.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:22 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: You also can't be afraid to put in the guys who give you the best chance to win.  Adeniji gave up what 4 sacks last game?  If that doesn't lose you your job what does??

You have to have someone better to replace him with.

Doesn't matter how bad a player performs, if you don't have someone better to replace him with you have to keep playing him.

Change just for the sake of change does not help anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have to have someone better to replace him with.

Doesn't matter how bad a player performs, if you don't have someone better to replace him with you have to keep playing him.

Change just for the sake of change does not help anything.

Carman has 460 snaps this season with a PFF grade of 57, Adeniji 555 with 48 grade.  So according to PFF we would be upgrading.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:55 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Carman has 460 snaps this season with a PFF grade of 57, Adeniji 555 with 48 grade.  So according to PFF we would be upgrading.

Doesn't matter to Fred lol

Sure I don't put a ton of stock in PFF either but Carman has been clearly better than Adeniji when I have watched both.
Reply/Quote
If you are drafted #1 or #2, your butt stays on the field not the bench.

If you are benched, that's a sign of scout/coach failures. Massive failure.
Reply/Quote
If you just go by base stats.

Regular Season:
Hakeem Adeniji - 3 Sacks 23 pressures 2.5 TFL allowed 3 penalties 6.57% pressure allowed % on 555 snaps.

Jackson Carman - 0 sacks 13 pressures 2.5 TFL allowed 5 penalties 4.69% pressure allowed % on 445 snaps.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: If you just go by base stats.

Regular Season:
Hakeem Adeniji - 3 Sacks 23 pressures 2.5 TFL allowed 3 penalties 6.57% pressure allowed % on 555 snaps.

Jackson Carman - 0 sacks 13 pressures 2.5 TFL allowed 5 penalties 4.69% pressure allowed % on 445 snaps.

it must be the penalty factor
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: THE ONLY reason I say Adeniji is because of how far into the post season we are. Communication is going to be so key this week, and I’m afraid Carman may struggle with communication by not being in the lineup most often he year.

In no way do I think Adeniji is good, but I think we are past the point of no return at this point in the seasons

That's where I am too. As the old racing sayin' goes...."run what ya brung". Unless he's an absolute dumpster fire, you may as well stick with him at this point.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:51 AM)Benton Wrote: Different staff.

Og was a bad pick for sure. Fisher turned out to be. The guys who drafted those guys aren't the guys who signed these guys. Have faith.

But the oline is still garbage. We’ve had 3 offensive lineman drafted since 2004 that are worth a damn and only 1 was actually really good. Whitworth is a stud zietler and bowling were ok and that’s it. So it almost doesn’t matter who the coaches are this team can’t draft offensive lineman to save their lives.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doesn't matter to Fred lol

Sure I don't put a ton of stock in PFF either but Carman has been clearly better than Adeniji when I have watched both.

100%. Fred’s comments are funny to me and I’ve only been a member for a week. Yeesh
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:38 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: But the oline is still garbage.  We’ve had 3 offensive lineman drafted since 2004 that are worth a damn and only 1 was actually really good.  Whitworth is a stud zietler and bowling were ok and that’s it.  So it almost doesn’t matter who the coaches are this team can’t draft offensive lineman to save their lives.

and Carman isnt looking too hot considering the staff has favored Adeniji and XSF over him
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:32 AM)Synric Wrote: I think you are seeing the difference in the two point and three point stances. 

Yes I am.

In the KC game in the 2nd half . . .
When Carman is in a two point stance at G, it's a pass. Adeniji was in a three point every pass except for a few third and long
When he's in a three point stance, about 90% are running plays. Exceptions were 1st play of 2nd drive, 1st play of last drive and goal line snaps.

He tips plays, no other linemen do, he had two penalties in one half on a team with the fewest penalties in the league and doesn't know the playbook as well as Adeniji. I'm guessing that's why they stick with what got them there, especially in a loud stadium on the road.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches see them in hundreds and hundreds of reps in practice.  They know more about them than any of us.

Then what the **** is the point of having a message board? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
stick with what we been using... Cant be worse than it was vs Tenn

To Fred Point Coaches are already starting the best option we have available.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:40 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: 100%.  Fred’s comments are funny to me and I’ve only been a member for a week.  Yeesh

Sometimes Fred is rational but there are times like this when you just have to shake your head.

He will have some kind of argument that of course starts with the coaches and practice but in the end it is about how they play 
come game day and all of us including the coaches have seen Carman playing better than Adeniji besides the penalties.

Carman has 2 more penalties than Adeniji, that is the only argument I can understand.

Seems like a good game to put Carman in there with the ref crew that calls the least amount of penalties in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 06:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: stick with what we been using... Cant be worse than it was vs Tenn

To Fred Point Coaches are already starting the best option we have available.

I would counter that since it can't be worse why not try switching out the weakest link?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 06:16 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yes I am.

In the KC game in the 2nd half . . .
When Carman is in a two point stance at G, it's a pass. Adeniji was in a three point every pass except for a few third and long
When he's in a three point stance, about 90% are running plays. Exceptions were 1st play of 2nd drive, 1st play of last drive and goal line snaps.

He tips plays, no other linemen do, he had two penalties in one half on a team with the fewest penalties in the league and doesn't know the playbook as well as Adeniji. I'm guessing that's why they stick with what got them there, especially in a loud stadium on the road.

When the RG is in a 3 point and the LG is in a 2 point stance doesn't tip run or pass. That allows the QB an option to check to a run play to the strong side A or B gap. The stance Carman is using is what he is told to use for that play concept he isnt deciding by himself. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 06:51 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I would counter that since it can't be worse why not try switching out the weakest link?

Good counter. Smirk

(01-27-2022, 06:55 PM)Synric Wrote: When the RG is in a 3 point and the LG is in a 2 point stance doesn't tip run or pass. That allows the QB an option to check to a run play to the strong side A or B gap. The stance Carman is using is what he is told to use for that play concept he isnt deciding by himself. 

All true.
Reply/Quote