Poll: Toughest Loss Last 15 years
2016 Steelers Bengals Playoff Loss - Hill
2021 Super Bowl vs Rams
2014 Bengals Chargers Playoff Game
2014 Bengals Browns Reg Season TNF (Dalton 2 Passer Rating Game)
2009 Bengals Broncos Opening day - Stokley Tip
2011 Bengals Texans Playoff (Lost to TJ Yates)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Poll - Toughest Loss of the last 15 years
Playoff game against Steelers 2016 Brad ST Louis fumbling a snap on XP that could have got us in the playoffs. Stokely ridiculous catch on a tip Last year against Jets. Roughing the passer by Justin Smith against Buccs along with the Carson Palmer injury against Steelers are some of my greatest hits list of painful losses.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 11:32 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Playoff game against Steelers 2016 Brad ST Louis fumbling a snap on XP that could have got us in the playoffs. Stokely ridiculous catch on a tip Last year against Jets. Roughing the passer by Justin Smith against Buccs along with the Carson Palmer injury against Steelers are some of my greatest hits list of painful losses.

Ugh, what a great, depressing list 
Reply/Quote
The Steelers playoff loss, and it isn't even close in my book.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 10:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Your obsession with Dalton is a little extreme. He has been gone for years but you still bring him up in almost every conversation.

Maybe you should try to move on.

This....

As to the OP, it's the 2016 playoff meltdown and it ain't even close. Such a gut punch. It really soured me on Marvin.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 10:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Or missed calls, like letting Joey Porter on the field illegally that caused Pacman to punch him and hit the ref.

At the very least, they should have been offsetting penalties, which would have left the Steelers out of field goal range and giving them 18 seconds to get 13 yards and get the field goal unit onto the field to kick a 52 yarder, which still wouldn't have been a guarantee.

That's *Jerry* Porter around these parts.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Has to be the super bowl would have been the greatest underdog story of all time and we had it robbed from us.

On a personal level having watched the Bengals live 10 times and losing every single time the Jets game last year will always sting, up 11 points in the 4th and throwing it away ffs. Every day I wake up hoping Mike White stands on some Lego.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:39 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Sorry for the multiple posts - please delete the others.

Curious what everyones worst loss of the last 15 years was.

For me, it is close between the Dalton 2 rating and the Steelers Playoff loss - but I will go with Steelers Fumble as the worst

The Pitt playoff loss in 2016 easily for me. Should of won that game and we choked it away.

The SB loss hurts but we will be back and we got there ahead of schedule. We were the youngest team to ever be in the SB.
Reply/Quote
The Pitt game wasn't just the Hill fumble. I'm pretty sure it ruined him as well, but that's another story. Pitt also cheating and getting away with it really lowered my opinion of the team, but also the league as well. It felt so utterly rigged at that point whether it was or not.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Losing the Super Bowl left me despondent for about two days. It was absolutely painful. However, once I emerged from the ashes, my predominant emotion was one of hope, and of pride. The Bengals are the g-damn AFC Champions. Some people will pooh-pooh that like it's somehow a cause for shame, but screw the hell out of that mindset. Getting to the Super Bowl is a reason to be proud of the Bengals, and I am proud of them. I don't know if Burrow and company will get back, but it's good knowing that they can over the next decade.

The Steelers playoff loss after the 8-0 mania of 2015 was a very different story, and far worse to me. That left me feeling empty inside. I wasn't even "angry" -- at least not after the initial outrage. I was just nothing. I felt like I had lost something important to me, like my very ability to watch American football was permanently damaged. That lasted years, and I think I might still be in that funk if not for the Taylor and Burrow regime. That's the worst loss I have ever seen, and it isn't close.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's *Jerry* Porter around these parts.....

I don't respect him enough to type his proper name Sick
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 02:05 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Has to be the super bowl would have been the greatest underdog story of all time and we had it robbed from us.

Seriously?  The only reason we were even close was because Higgins got away with one of the most flagrant facemasks I have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 03:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't respect him enough to type his proper name Sick

You DID write his correct name lol...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bernard fumble vs San Diego right before half was a very very awful play.

Then in the second half, Mandy had like a 0 rating and everything fell apart.

That game was awful. And we were like -6.5 favs
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seriously?  The only reason we were even close was because Higgins got away with one of the most flagrant facemasks I have ever seen.

What?

You take away both scores and it’s a 3 point game still, then add the hold in the first half that gives us a new set of downs a couple of yards away.

Then the amount of times they false started and lined up offside.

We were by far the better team and deserved to win it all.

Better play calling and an o line who could hold their own piss for longer than a second and it wouldn’t have even been close and that was with Burrow not at his best that day either.

I get why people say 16 was worse but fact is had we won in February it would have been one of the best American sports stories of all time.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers playoff debacle. They had that game won and gave it away. They literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 03:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You DID write his correct name lol...

I forgot that I typed his name wrong back then (unless you mean something else, in which case I'm confused as hell lol).
Reply/Quote
Steelers loss definitely. Got an unhealthy dislike for that bunch.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 04:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I forgot that I typed his name wrong back then (unless you mean something else, in which case I'm confused as hell lol).

lol his real name is Joey, but Adam Jones called him Jerry in his wonderfully-memorable post-game rant:

LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
January 10, 2016. I had just sent a text to my Steeler loving friend stating " I can't believe we're going to win this game"!! Should have waited a few minutes before sending it.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 05:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol his real name is Joey, but Adam Jones called him Jerry in his wonderfully-memorable post-game rant:

LOL

I completely forgot about that too.............

Hilarious

I did my best to forget about that game and everything until now lol

Adam was right though Smack
Reply/Quote