Poll: Toughest Loss Last 15 years
2016 Steelers Bengals Playoff Loss - Hill
2021 Super Bowl vs Rams
2014 Bengals Chargers Playoff Game
2014 Bengals Browns Reg Season TNF (Dalton 2 Passer Rating Game)
2009 Bengals Broncos Opening day - Stokley Tip
2011 Bengals Texans Playoff (Lost to TJ Yates)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Poll - Toughest Loss of the last 15 years
My personal worse loss was when Palmer got hurt. I know we had the SB in our hands but when Palmer went down, that was our year. And maybe many more. Other than that the SB is the obvious choice. Still kissed at the way it ended.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 09:56 AM)FastEddie Wrote: The Cleveland game with Andy and his 2 passer rating game was game that will live on in my mind also. My wife and I went to a NBM show for signmaking in Charlotte. We decided to go to a bar called Jocks and Jills to watch the game. They had one whole room blocked off and we kept seeing Cleveland fans going in the room and asked the waitress. She told us that the room was reserved for Cleveland fans for every Cleveland Browns game. We got invited in and we were donning or Bengals gear and were the only Bengals fans there with probably 100 Cleveland fans. No problem I thought as I was sure were would be the only happy fans leaving that room that night. WRONG. We left in the 3rd Quarter because of the relentless jokes hurled our way. Of all games to suck so bad, THANKS Andy Dalton.

I'm closing in quick on 50 years of Bengal fandom and that game was among the hardest to watch ever. And that's saying something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 04:20 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: 2010. It was the 37-0 thrashing by the Jets in the last game of the season. The next week we lost to the Jets in the playoff game. Carson was QB and we hardly had any yards. That game has stuck in my craw all these years.

That was a bad sequence to be sure.  I was in the upper deck for the playoff game and it was bloody cold.  Chad was marooned on Revis Island, and we couldn't even kick a damn FG to save our lives.  Damn disappointing, especially since we held the door open for them the last week of the season for them to even qualify for the playoffs.  

But, the 2015 playoff beats all of them.  The Jets loss, the Chargers loss, even the 2005 Steelers loss.  We had that ***** game won, dammit!!!  Pissing me off just to think about it Pissed
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 11:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know from an emotional standpoint, '16 was far and away the worst.

But losing the SB is the toughest loss by far.

Depressing AF thread.

Was a depressing loss yet was still very proud of the Bengals. 

Can not say anything good about the steelers playoff loss, especially the way it happened and to who it happened against. 

Longest ride home from the stadium in the 30 years I was a season ticket holder and there is not even a close second. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 08:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Was a depressing loss yet was still very proud of the Bengals. 

Can not say anything good about the steelers playoff loss, especially the way it happened and to who it happened against. 

Longest ride home from the stadium in the 30 years I was a season ticket holder and there is not even a close second. 

It would have stung no matter who it was. Being "them" just made it suck royally !
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 03:47 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I have been to the 

Colts Playoff Loss
The Palmer Knee Shred Playoff loss in 05
The Steelers Meltdown playoff loss of 15/16
And the Stokley Tip game
And the Opening Day Loss at Soldier Field in like 2014
And The Shula vs Shula Dolphins beat down

The few wins I have seen:  Benson running all over Bears at home, Vikings opening day win at PBS in like 2005,  and like the New Years Eve/Xmas eve Jerome Simpson like 230 yard recieveing game. (Cant remember what the holiday was) 

Go figure 

1. You are depressing AF.
2. We don't want to be a part of your misery.
3. It was Christmas Eve
4. AFAIR, Simpson had LESS than 50 yards.
5. You're depressing AF.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 11:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. You are depressing AF.
2. We don't want to be a part of your misery.
3. It was Christmas Eve
4. AFAIR, Simpson had LESS than 50 yards.
5. You're depressing AF.

You’re reading my posts and commenting on a Saturday night.

Hahha. Talk about depression
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, when Carson went down like that on the bomb it was hard to stomach.

Hard to choose from all of our hardships lol

It was gutting.  So much momentum had been built up.  It basically killed the once incredibly promising Palmer era of Bengals football.  That team was explosive and had a shot that year.  I remember exactly where I was and it was tough.

The 16 game was horrific.  I was there in the rain.  It was a hostile environment and I'll always think it was a mistake for the league to have that game scheduled late on a Saturday.  Plenty of time for everyone to get good and drunk, and pissed.  

Honestly, I'd like to forget the day ever happened.  One of my buddies got thown out of that game.  Another that I attended with died last year of a heroin overdose.  If I could erase one day of my life, it would be the day my dad died, but that game would be second.  Nothing good about it whatsoever.  A black mark on existence itself.  Everyone there knew that it was the end of the Lewis era, and that it would be a long time before the team was that good again.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 11:59 PM)ATOTR Wrote: You’re reading my posts and commenting on a Saturday night.

Hahha. Talk about depression

I was holding onto my newborn son, while he was sleeping and my wife could get some work done. As my son only sleeps on our chests (he's growing out of it), I only had my hands free to be on my phone, whereupon I posted that post.

Clearly, someone with that lame of a comeback has never known the joy of a newborn son, so instead of making you eat it, I'll just take pity on the fact that you too, are posting on a Saturday night, from the loneliness of your parents' basement.

ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 01:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I was holding onto my newborn son, while he was sleeping and my wife could get some work done. As my son only sleeps on our chests (he's growing out of it), I only had my hands free to be on my phone, whereupon I posted that post.

Clearly, someone with that lame of a comeback has never known the joy of a newborn son, so instead of making you eat it, I'll just take pity on the fact that you too, are posting on a Saturday night, from the loneliness of your parents' basement.

ThumbsUp

Actually we have 3 kids. One is a infant. It’s pretty great.

Sounds like rough parenting letting your kid only sleep while holding him.

You should try and fix that. You seem like an angry, emotional person
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 08:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It would have stung no matter who it was. Being "them" just made it suck royally !

Indeed

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 01:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I was holding onto my newborn son, while he was sleeping and my wife could get some work done. As my son only sleeps on our chests (he's growing out of it), I only had my hands free to be on my phone, whereupon I posted that post.

ThumbsUp

Looney tunes
Reply/Quote
As someone who was in attendant for 5 of those 7, I must tell you they all sucked. Damn I was bad luck for quite sometime.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 11:59 PM)ATOTR Wrote: You’re reading my posts and commenting on a Saturday night.  

Hahha.  Talk about depression

When was this posted?

Is this supposed to be a joke?
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 03:47 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I have been to the 

Colts Playoff Loss
The Palmer Knee Shred Playoff loss in 05
The Steelers Meltdown playoff loss of 15/16
And the Stokley Tip game
And the Opening Day Loss at Soldier Field in like 2014
And The Shula vs Shula Dolphins beat down

The few wins I have seen:  Benson running all over Bears at home, Vikings opening day win at PBS in like 2005,  and like the New Years Eve/Xmas eve Jerome Simpson like 230 yard recieveing game. (Cant remember what the holiday was) 

Go figure 

Man that's a lot to have to witness in person. I was at the palmer knee game and recently the win in Tennessee which was awesome
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 11:37 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Man that's a lot to have to witness in person. I was at the palmer knee game and recently the win in Tennessee which was awesome

It definitely has been a rough go.

But that’s what made last December January and February so damn fun.

I know I’m stating the obvious, but loyal fans deserved that run. Especially the fans who grew up in cincy during the 90s misery

Seeing the players embrace the challenge, overcome adversity and represent Cincy with pride was something we hadn’t seen from any pro team in the area in 30 years +.

More to come in the next 5 too. We got ourselves a window!!!
Reply/Quote
The future remains brighter than ever but absolutely the Super Bowl. It was a golden goose right there for the taking, and just slipped out of our grasp.

Everything else is levels below that. Different kinds of disappointment, but none represented an opportunity to make history. The Super Bowl did. Add in the fact that the halftime show was so dope... it wouldn't have just been historic, it would have been perfect. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 02:26 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I remremember the next day at work everyone was down and no one really talking much to each other after all the highs of that season 

Was a terrible loss. Still the Pitt loss as The D.O.Z. says was even more terrible.

(07-16-2022, 02:33 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: No doubt that referee-assisted playoff game meltdown against Pittsburgh. The amount of bs they were letting them get away with all game, Porter running onto the field to instigate, compounded by Hill’s fumble. It was sickening. On our home turf to boot.

Yep.  Mellow

Sure like winning 3 post season games and going to the SuperBowl, kind of made that go away.

I am pretty sure we will be seeing a SB win here soon. Times are so much brighter now with Burrow and company.
Reply/Quote