Poll: Toughest Loss Last 15 years
2016 Steelers Bengals Playoff Loss - Hill
2021 Super Bowl vs Rams
2014 Bengals Chargers Playoff Game
2014 Bengals Browns Reg Season TNF (Dalton 2 Passer Rating Game)
2009 Bengals Broncos Opening day - Stokley Tip
2011 Bengals Texans Playoff (Lost to TJ Yates)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Poll - Toughest Loss of the last 15 years
No question for me. It was the Steelers game. I went from ecstatic to depressed in a very short amount of time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When you root for a team like the Packers, Older Patriots, Steelers, etc you almost expect your team will find a way to win. When you rooted for the Bengals even when they were good in the early to mid 20teens you almost expected them to find a way to lose a winnable game.

Case in point the 2016 Steelers loss. Andy Dalton injured by Stephon Tuitt earlier in the season, no way was that guy going to run that ball back for a pick-6. Let somebody else tackle him, Andy. But we were still on the verge of winning that playoff game with AJ McCarron. One fumble, two penalties, and the most gutwrenching game aside from the two 49ers losses in the other Superbowls, happens.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 04:02 PM)ATOTR Wrote: The Bernard fumble vs San Diego right before half was a very very awful play.  

Then in the second half, Mandy had like a 0 rating and everything fell apart.

That game was awful.  And we were like -6.5 favs

The Hallmark of Lewis coached teams....fold at the first hint of adversity in important games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 05:48 PM)shuffle Wrote: January 10, 2016. I had just sent a text to my Steeler loving friend stating " I can't believe we're going to win this game"!! Should have waited a few minutes before sending it.

.....it was you, you jinxed us !

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Very easily the Steelers loss where McCarron started.

Only because we had the game won. There was no need for us to lose that game.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 08:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: The Hallmark of Lewis coached teams....fold at the first hint of adversity in important games.

Time and time and time again.
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(07-15-2022, 08:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: NervousNervous

.....it was you, you jinxed us !
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 04:02 PM)ATOTR Wrote: The Bernard fumble vs San Diego right before half was a very very awful play.  

Then in the second half, Mandy had like a 0 rating and everything fell apart.

That game was awful.  And we were like -6.5 favs

Just going off memory from older debates, but I don't think the Gio fumble really hurt. He fumbled. we got a 3 and out, then we kicked a FG to end the half. At the worst, it cost us 4, at the best it gained us 3, but it most likely was a wash. 

The offensive with about 5 straight turnovers in the 2nd half killed us. 

I know folks don't like to "obsess on Andy", but that dude single-handedly lost the SD playoff game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This is a depressing thread... knock on wood that Bengals new found success lasts a decade
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
2010. It was the 37-0 thrashing by the Jets in the last game of the season. The next week we lost to the Jets in the playoff game. Carson was QB and we hardly had any yards. That game has stuck in my craw all these years.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
In the 90s in particular, if we had the lead going into the 4th quarter I used to watch just to see how we would lose. It was amazing the ways we came up with! This spilled over into the 2000s a bit too. I remember saying to my son on the Denver game. He said 'it's over'. I said 'Nope. The Bengals invent ways to lose. And they are pretty darn good at it.' Next play -- Stokely.

I voted the Steelers playoff loss. That one was as ugly as it gets. The ridiculousness of that game and the refs. Not that we didn't deserve some of that, but wow. It set this franchise back and lost a lot of fans too.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 05:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol his real name is Joey, but Adam Jones called him Jerry in his wonderfully-memorable post-game rant:

LOL

Never let it be said that Adam Jones never took the high ground in response.. LOL He gained 1,000,001 respect points for that rant alone. That video should begin every Steelers game in PBS. 
He reminds me so much of a close friend that I used to hang around with and argue over everything..The dude used to get me laughing so hard I'd nearly piss myself..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Cleveland game with Andy and his 2 passer rating game was game that will live on in my mind also. My wife and I went to a NBM show for signmaking in Charlotte. We decided to go to a bar called Jocks and Jills to watch the game. They had one whole room blocked off and we kept seeing Cleveland fans going in the room and asked the waitress. She told us that the room was reserved for Cleveland fans for every Cleveland Browns game. We got invited in and we were donning or Bengals gear and were the only Bengals fans there with probably 100 Cleveland fans. No problem I thought as I was sure were would be the only happy fans leaving that room that night. WRONG. We left in the 3rd Quarter because of the relentless jokes hurled our way. Of all games to suck so bad, THANKS Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 09:56 AM)FastEddie Wrote: The Cleveland game with Andy and his 2 passer rating game was game that will live on in my mind also. My wife and I went to a NBM show for signmaking in Charlotte. We decided to go to a bar called Jocks and Jills to watch the game. They had one whole room blocked off and we kept seeing Cleveland fans going in the room and asked the waitress. She told us that the room was reserved for Cleveland fans for every Cleveland Browns game. We got invited in and we were donning or Bengals gear and were the only Bengals fans there with probably 100 Cleveland fans. No problem I thought as I was sure were would be the only happy fans leaving that room that night. WRONG. We left in the 3rd Quarter because of the relentless jokes hurled our way. Of all games to suck so bad, THANKS Andy Dalton.

It was the most depressing/simultaneously hilarious thing I’ve ever seen in sports.

Mandy has 2 of the worst performances in NFL history when you look at the clev game and the ravens in 2017.

Not even counting his pissing down his leg in the multiple playoffs. What a 8 year waste for the franchise
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 09:56 AM)FastEddie Wrote: The Cleveland game with Andy and his 2 passer rating game was game that will live on in my mind also. My wife and I went to a NBM show for signmaking in Charlotte. We decided to go to a bar called Jocks and Jills to watch the game. They had one whole room blocked off and we kept seeing Cleveland fans going in the room and asked the waitress. She told us that the room was reserved for Cleveland fans for every Cleveland Browns game. We got invited in and we were donning or Bengals gear and were the only Bengals fans there with probably 100 Cleveland fans. No problem I thought as I was sure were would be the only happy fans leaving that room that night. WRONG. We left in the 3rd Quarter because of the relentless jokes hurled our way. Of all games to suck so bad, THANKS Andy Dalton.

Woof. Sick
Reply/Quote
2005 Steeler playoff loss should be in list
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 01:54 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: 2005 Steeler playoff loss should be in list

True, when Carson went down like that on the bomb it was hard to stomach.

Hard to choose from all of our hardships lol
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, when Carson went down like that on the bomb it was hard to stomach.

Hard to choose from all of our hardships lol

I remremember the next day at work everyone was down and no one really talking much to each other after all the highs of that season 
Reply/Quote
No doubt that referee-assisted playoff game meltdown against Pittsburgh. The amount of bs they were letting them get away with all game, Porter running onto the field to instigate, compounded by Hill’s fumble. It was sickening. On our home turf to boot.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 02:26 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I remremember the next day at work everyone was down and no one really talking much to each other after all the highs of that season 

I have been to the 

Colts Playoff Loss
The Palmer Knee Shred Playoff loss in 05
The Steelers Meltdown playoff loss of 15/16
And the Stokley Tip game
And the Opening Day Loss at Soldier Field in like 2014
And The Shula vs Shula Dolphins beat down

The few wins I have seen:  Benson running all over Bears at home, Vikings opening day win at PBS in like 2005,  and like the New Years Eve/Xmas eve Jerome Simpson like 230 yard recieveing game. (Cant remember what the holiday was) 

Go figure 
Reply/Quote