Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Poll shows free agents don’t want to come to Cincinnati
(03-18-2019, 02:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep, but i think some people equate it to buying (or getting them from someone) used...then having the players re-use them.

A strap by any other name would smell as Goodwill.
Reply/Quote
Players want one thing and one thing only--the money. Any player who says otherwise, with VERY FEW exceptions, is a liar and any fan who believes otherwise is painfully naive. Show them the money and they will come. It ain't rocket science.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Its neat how the top 5 teams are all in warm climates and/or with the ocean nearby. The bottom 5 are pretty much all on the great lakes except Oakland, which is still trying to shakes its bad rep from the Al Davis years.
Reply/Quote
I had to dig this thread back up since cheapness was brought up as a part of why players don’t want to come here. I was listening to WLW like an hour ago and the talk host said that for years after he retired, Anthony Munoz has to buy his own ticket to get in to watch games. I about spit my drink out laughing. That kinda shit lingers on a team.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:53 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I had to dig this thread back up since cheapness was brought up as a part of why players don’t want to come here. I was listening to WLW like an hour ago and the talk host said that for years after he retired, Anthony Munoz has to buy his own ticket to get in to watch games. I about spit my drink out laughing. That kinda shit lingers on a team.

If you think thats bad he sat next to Mike Brown in one game and bought a hot dog and Mike asked for a bite and ended up eating the whole thing. Mike got a freebie out of Anthony.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 12:41 AM)GodFather Wrote: If you think thats bad he sat next to Mike Brown in one game and bought a hot dog and Mike asked for a bite and ended up eating the whole thing. Mike got a freebie out of Anthony.

Lol... Good one!
Reply/Quote
LOL I had to sign in just to give this some rep points. Top notch old boy.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:53 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I had to dig this thread back up since cheapness was brought up as a part of why players don’t want to come here. I was listening to WLW like an hour ago and the talk host said that for years after he retired, Anthony Munoz has to buy his own ticket to get in to watch games. I about spit my drink out laughing. That kinda shit lingers on a team.

That's pretty hilarious!
Reply/Quote

Munoz never asked for a free ticket.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 10:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Munoz never asked for a free ticket.

As the one and only Bengal player in HOF and resident of the Cincy area MB should give him a standing season pass without having to "ask" for it. His total respect he brings is worth more than any ticket that puts money is MB's coffers.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 10:24 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: As the one and only Bengal player in HOF and resident of the Cincy area MB should give him a standing season pass without having to "ask" for it. His total respect he brings is worth more than any ticket that puts money is MB's coffers.

This is getting silly.  Munoz could get avfree ticket anytime he wanted.

It is like Johnathan Joseph complaining about not being able to talke home bulk Gatorade when he was making millions.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:53 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Anthony Munoz has to buy his own ticket to get in to watch games. I about spit my drink out laughing. That kinda shit lingers on a team.

[Image: 35nbvqs.jpg]

"Listen Pal, I don't care what kinda Bengal player you were in your day but Mr Brown says a parking spot is a parking spot! So either pay up or keep moving Pepperoni Tony!"
Reply/Quote