Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Bills loss gripe thread
(09-22-2019, 06:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Unlike my 3rd marriage, I don't see how more screaming is going to fix this.

I was about an inch away from walking out on the old woman today just as the game started. I'd like to say I'm tired of arguing over dumb shit, but it's beyond dumb shit anymore. The reason I'm not out already is because my 90 year old dad is still with us..
I'm done arguing. I'm really good at just staring into space and saying nothing. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Which one is the original and which is the rip-off?  Chutes and Ladders vs Snakes and Ladders??

Not sure which is something else we can complain about..There's no definitive answer. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was about an inch away from walking out on the old woman today just as the game started. I'd like to say I'm tired of arguing over dumb shit, but it's beyond dumb shit anymore. The reason I'm not out already is because my 90 year old dad is still with us..
I'm done arguing. I'm really good at just staring into space and saying nothing. 

On a more serious note, I've never been married but the closest I came to marriage was with a woman who would get furious with me if I didn't argue with her.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:08 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: If we lose next week, is anyone opposed to us losing out? Asking for a friend

Lose definitely..I wanna see which badly injured college player we'll make the first overall pick! The only decision is going to be what kind of injury will take the longest to heal up. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On a more serious note, I've never been married but the closest I came to marriage was with a woman who would get furious with me if I didn't argue with her.

I wish I had figured out how to do that back in the early 1980s.. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was about an inch away from walking out on the old woman today just as the game started. I'd like to say I'm tired of arguing over dumb shit, but it's beyond dumb shit anymore. The reason I'm not out already is because my 90 year old dad is still with us..

Damn, and I thought the Bengals game was dark  Sad   

Sounds like a rough situation, man.  Sincerely, good luck.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:16 PM)grampahol Wrote: Lose definitely..I wanna see which badly injured college player we'll make the first overall pick! 

If we would have traded Dalton and AJ for picks we could have 3 first rounders on IR next year.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:02 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I'll complain about Preston Brown and Nick Vigil.. I don't think they'd start on any other team.. They are absolute garbage

At one point today the commentators said they are great... So whatever.

Y'all see that blatant hold on Andrew Brown that play they almost sacked Allen 3, times? We suck but the officiating is atrocious....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If we would have traded Dalton and AJ for picks we could have 3 first rounders on IR next year.

Why not trade the entire team and we could have an entire team on IR before the season even starts!  Now that would be an exciting season.. Mike Brown could be our starting QB! How thrilling could that be? 

Reply/Quote
I'm encouraged. No gripes. The team made half time adjustments and had the lead. 4 key plays killed them. This coaching staff is impressive and will get much better. I'm in it for the long haul.... that means a new long term QB at some point.

I have to think that with AJ Green playing the Bengals season is much different right now. It is what it is and I am encouraged more than discouraged.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:16 PM)grampahol Wrote: Lose definitely..I wanna see which badly injured college player we'll make the first overall pick! The only decision is going to be what kind of injury will take the longest to heal up. 

Thank goodness sample and Pratt have both worked out also. Imagine if we didn’t have them. Throw in that awesome 6th round pick of Rodney Anderson, and we had an awesome draft
Reply/Quote
It’s all shit
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:22 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm encouraged. No gripes. The team made half time adjustments and had the lead. 4 key plays killed them. This coaching staff is impressive and will get much better. I'm in it for the long haul.... that means a new long term QB at some point.

I have to think that with AJ Green playing the Bengals season is much different right now. It is what it is and I am encouraged more than discouraged.

How are you related to mike brown again?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On a more serious note, I've never been married but the closest I came to marriage was with a woman who would get furious with me if I didn't argue with her.

So you have been married then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:08 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: If we lose next week, is anyone opposed to us losing out? Asking for a friend

The only way to fix all the holes on this roster is through the draft because we won’t sign anybody half way decent in the offseason no matter how bad we finish at the end of this season. B.W. Webb, Wynn and John Miller type signings won’t help this team next year. We need to hit on multiple picks in multiple drafts to turn things around. Green, Atkins, Dunlap and company are getting old and we’re not even close to competing.
Reply/Quote
The d-line showed heart. Tate flashed. Mixon can play so long as he has the slightest bit of space. 

This team can't block a 4th and inches type of run to save its life. Their kicker can't kick past 50 yards. Their QB is going to set records for batted balls because he has no protection and can't get creative with pump fakes and moves inside the pocket. Too many players in the back 7 are either way too slow or way too soft. Non-ideal weather continues to stump them.
Reply/Quote
Quote:I'm encouraged. No gripes.
There ya go.. The greatest team coached better than...uhmm.. lemme see...
Nope.. I got nothing..

Reply/Quote
OL and LB are holding this team back. We're going to continue to be a bad team until we improve these positions. Everyone already knew this already.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:24 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The only way to fix all the holes on this roster is through the draft because we won’t sign anybody half way decent in the offseason no matter how bad we finish at the end of this season. B.W. Webb, Wynn and John Miller type signings won’t help this team next year. We need to hit on multiple picks in multiple drafts to turn things around. Green, Atkins, Dunlap and company are getting old and we’re not even close to competing.

If this draft was indication of next years draft, we are in a lot of trouble
Reply/Quote
O lines blocking is terrible. Next years draft should be nothing but o lineman and 1 LB.
Reply/Quote