Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Bills loss gripe thread
(09-22-2019, 06:34 PM)thillan Wrote: I'm just amazed at how bad we are at nearly EVERY position. This is starting to look like we are heading towards very dark times.

I mean, really, where are we considered very talented? Maybe D-Line, WR, and RB? Ouch.

Gonna need more than 2 years IMO at this point to fix this mess.

Very dark times ahead. Who’s going to replace Adkins, Dunlap, Green, hell even Huber. With the lack of urgency this FO has fixing issues, by the time we fix today’s issues ( if we get lucky and nail a couple drafts which is highly unlikely) we will have bigger issues. We have no depth at all, I see the beginning of another lost decade. Sad, very sad.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:12 PM)lone bengal Wrote: It’s early but I’m hoping that Williams works out. We took a run blocking TE in the 2nd round and we can’t run the ball. Considering Tobin can’t draft linebackers to save his life I don’t have much hope for Pratt, if he can’t start on this linebacker core by the end of the year I’d be concerned. Wren is a big and that’s cool but he’s a project who fans hyped up. I think Micheal Jordon could turn into a good guard.

Sample is a joke. That would of been a good pick in the 5th round not the second
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: Heres a question for all you guys that have wonderful memories. when's the last time we had a first rounder that played a whole season without major injury or missing alot of time?

Zeitler? Not sure
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: Heres a question for all you guys that have wonderful memories. when's the last time we had a first rounder that played a whole season without major injury or missing alot of time?

Ironically enough, I think it's Tyler Eifert
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Eifert (of all people) in 2013 started 15 games. The year before there was Zeitler, year before that A.J. Green. 
Reply/Quote
The kick off return touchdown by Phillips that was called back because of a so called holding call on Auden Tate would have put us in the win column.I didn’t see any holding there.Also Vigil was in bounds when he recovered that fumble,then he slid out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:18 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The kick off return touchdown by Phillips that was called back because of a so called holding call on Auden Tate would have put us in the win column.I didn’t see any holding there.Also Vigil was in bounds when he recovered that fumble,then he slid out of bounds.

Both were total BS but when we can’t even get a damn first down before halftime it makes it kinda hard to blame the refs. Even the final play imo was bs but we played like crap and that’s all there is to it. Play better and you overcome calls/non calls like that. Every team has bad calls, even NE. But when your aggressive on offense keeping your foot on the other teams throat those calls don’t have the impact to decide the game.
Reply/Quote
Just wondering if we can talk about how our veteran QB overthrew AUDEN TATE ON A SLANT ROUTE?!

Man, at least I'll be excited for the high draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:28 PM)treee Wrote: I hope we got OT in the first again. We were spoiled having bookends at LT and RT for so long.

I'm down with that.  I'm all in on Andrew Thomas if this team gets a top 5 pick.  Get what are likely to be the number 1 OTs in 18 and 19 and run them out as your starters in 20.  Run Hart the bum and Glenn the paperweight out of town and save about 16-18 mil in cap.  Hope Mikey pulls the fork out of his ass and signs a real free agent guard in the 10 mil per range.  Actually get serious about fixing this line already.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:16 PM)Ravage Wrote: Eifert (of all people) in 2013 started 15 games. The year before there was Zeitler, year before that A.J. Green. 

I feel like Eifert will stay healthy all season this year because it really doesn't matter if he's healthy.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like Eifert will stay healthy all season this year because it really doesn't matter if he's healthy.

Not to mention , he's caught what ? 2 passes? 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like Eifert will stay healthy all season this year because it really doesn't matter if he's healthy.

Is he past his prime or just playing it safe?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:22 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Thank goodness sample and Pratt have both worked out also. Imagine if we didn’t have them. Throw in that awesome 6th round pick of Rodney Anderson, and we had an awesome draft

The highlight of the day for me was watching their rookie 3rd round TE Knox destroy us. Thank God we didn’t take him instead of Sample! The dream lives!! #TankforTua! #HopeforHebert!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is he past his prime or just playing it safe?

I feel like all of the above. Injuries rob guys of athleticism. He's had so many, and major injuries too.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:41 PM)thillan Wrote: Just wondering if we can talk about how our veteran QB overthrew AUDEN TATE ON A SLANT ROUTE?!

Man, at least I'll be excited for the high draft pick.

Zac got that play from an Bengals playbook somewhere!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Both were total BS but when we can’t even get a damn first down before halftime it makes it kinda hard to blame the refs. Even the final play imo was bs but we played like crap and that’s all there is to it. Play better and you overcome calls/non calls like that. Every team has bad calls, even NE. But when your aggressive on offense keeping your foot on the other teams throat those calls don’t have the impact to decide the game.

They took 10 points away from us; we can *****!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We need a real GM that turn us around sooner
Than later. Kinda like how John Dorsey did with the Browns.
I've had enough of Tobin and his very underwhelming drafts
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:02 PM)yang Wrote: The highlight of the day for me was watching their rookie 3rd round TE Knox destroy us.  Thank God we didn’t take him instead of Sample!    The dream lives!!   #TankforTua! #HopeforHebert!

We apparently wanted a 1 dimensional blocking TE in the 2nd that we could have selected in the 3rd or 4th Round. Maybe he would have been there in the 5th...
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: We need a real GM that turn us around sooner
Than later. Kinda like how John Dorsey did with the Browns.
I've had enough of Tobin and his very underwhelming drafts

Lets see...they didn't hire a GM through or after the 90's. My guess is they view the 5 straight playoff appearances as some kind of football nirvana where they are geniuses. And they view now as just what happens after you win.

So I doubt you get a GM. When Katie owns the team, I doubt you get a GM too.
Reply/Quote
If the Giants can bench Eli freakin Manning surely we can bench Dalton. Man if Dalton won us 2 SB’s Brown would keep him the starter for 20+ years regardless how he plays.
Reply/Quote