Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Bills loss gripe thread
(09-22-2019, 09:22 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Just saw the final INT play and there is no way in hell he gave himself up. Might not have mattered in the end but that was total bs.

For someone who didn't see it... please explain how "giving himself up" affected the final INT?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: We need a real GM that turn us around sooner
Than later. Kinda like how John Dorsey did with the Browns.
I've had enough of Tobin and his very underwhelming drafts

^THIS

Tobin can't rest his laurels on drafts of years gone past.

He has sucked.  His moves for talent have sucked. 

This team has aging talent and nothing to show for it.

He doesn't improve positions of need and other positions are sliding off into obscurity.

I fear that he's a lifer with the Blackburn/Brown clan.

We can change our coach.  We can change the QB. 

This guy will be here forever sucking on the tit of "the family" and be their patsy shoe shine boy that pretends he's a GM.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 10:16 PM)Tomkat Wrote: For someone who didn't see it... please explain how "giving himself up" affected the final INT?

So, he intercepted the ball and no Bengals players touched him. He fell to the ground, laid there for 2-3 seconds, then got up and started running to his own endzone (still without being touched). He ran out of the back of the endzone, so many of us were clamoring for it to be a safety but the refs determined otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: The D deserves a lot of credit for keeping the team in the game.  It's unfortunate they couldn't hold the lead at the end, but they got totally hung out to dry in the 1st half.

Andy reverted to Bad Andy once again.

Run game looked a lot better.

Ross fell back down to earth with a drop and a fumble, but would have had a TD if not for a very slight overthrow by Dalton.

Tate is obviously the goat in this one after the pick and his needless holding penalty bringing back a TD.

Really bad challenge on that spot on the 1st half.

Bills basically got the benefit of the doubt on calls on the field all game.

The pick wasn't Tate's fault and pretty much anyone you ask on here believes the holding call was ticky tack at best. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:03 PM)Brimey Wrote: This team lacks a leader. I don't see one. Someone to grab Kirkpatrick by the helmet and get in his face on D when he's celebrating a 8 yard gain or an OT who gets pissed and gets in the ear of another lineman who got his QB hit

That maroon was celebrating a 2 yard stop...when the Bills only needed a yard for a first down.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Giants can't do those things either; yet they won today. Did they do anything different?

I bet they replaced their kicker or something.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 10:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: So, he intercepted the ball and no Bengals players touched him. He fell to the ground, laid there for 2-3 seconds, then got up and started running to his own endzone (still without being touched). He ran out of the back of the endzone, so many of us were clamoring for it to be a safety but the refs determined otherwise.

It's a rule. If a player goes down and makes no attempt to advance the ball, he's down and the play is over. Doesn't need to be touched. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 10:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a rule. If a player goes down and makes no attempt to advance the ball, he's down and the play is over. Doesn't need to be touched. 

He was up about as fast as he was down. He might not have been intentionally attempting to advance the ball but he sure has hell was not down and that was a live ball.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:05 PM)2slick Wrote: Our linebackers are freaking TERRIBLE!!

I thought Preston Brown could at least stop a run right up the middle right at him but he struggles to fill even on inside runs. I though stopping the run was the thing he was supposed to be good at. I gave him a break last year due to the injury. He was terrible against the 49ers, Vigil can’t shed blocks to safe his life and had Allen dead to rights on a sack but he couldn’t finish the tackle. Assuming Pratt will be like every other failed linebacker Tobin drafts but we’ll see.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 10:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: ^THIS

Tobin can't rest his laurels on drafts of years gone past.

He has sucked.  His moves for talent have sucked. 

This team has aging talent and nothing to show for it.

He doesn't improve positions of need and other positions are sliding off into obscurity.

I fear that he's a lifer with the Blackburn/Brown clan.

We can change our coach.  We can change the QB. 

This guy will be here forever sucking on the tit of "the family" and be their patsy shoe shine boy that pretends he's a GM.

In a sense, the worst thing to happen to this team was making the playoffs 5 years in a row. It seemed to validate in Bengals Managements mind that their model works. Model Model.

Now, bad draft after bad draft...it doesn't. A lot of talented free agents have left or aged out...and been replaced by mediocre draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:20 PM)jason Wrote: At one point today the commentators said they are great... So whatever.

Y'all see that blatant hold on Andrew Brown that play they almost sacked Allen 3, times? We suck but the officiating is atrocious....

Yeah.  I don't get it.  A Bengal has his hand outside the frame for a millisecond and it's holding (touchdown return) but the guy basically tackled Brown when he had Allen in his grasp and it's a big play.  Add in multiple other hook the rusher to the ground holds that get called on the Bengals all the time. And then there's the forward fumble out of bounds that looked clearly recovered before Vigil touched out of bounds.  Rant

I really hate bitching about Officials because it's just something that you have to overcome.  But it seems like we're now in an NFL where the "new stars" like Allen are getting the calls that used to be reserved for the Mannings and Bradys.  

But my biggest gripe is people who gripe about the defense when that's the only thing that kept them in the game today.  We're talking about a defense that played 23 minutes in the first half and only gave up one touchdown in that time.  That's not bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:18 PM)Roland Wrote: Yeah.  I don't get it.  A Bengal has his hand outside the frame for a millisecond and it's holding (touchdown return) but the guy basically tackled Brown when he had Allen in his grasp and it's a big play.  Add in multiple other hook the rusher to the ground holds that get called on the Bengals all the time. And then there's the forward fumble out of bounds that looked clearly recovered before Vigil touched out of bounds.  Rant

I really hate bitching about Officials because it's just something that you have to overcome.  But it seems like we're now in an NFL where the "new stars" like Allen are getting the calls that used to be reserved for the Mannings and Bradys.  

But my biggest gripe is people who gripe about the defense when that's the only thing that kept them in the game today.  We're talking about a defense that played 23 minutes in the first half and only gave up one touchdown in that time.  That's not bad.

Then, next game the offense will play well...and the defense bad. That's how things go here. Or special teams will blow it.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:18 PM)Roland Wrote: Yeah.  I don't get it.  A Bengal has his hand outside the frame for a millisecond and it's holding (touchdown return) but the guy basically tackled Brown when he had Allen in his grasp and it's a big play.  Add in multiple other hook the rusher to the ground holds that get called on the Bengals all the time. And then there's the forward fumble out of bounds that looked clearly recovered before Vigil touched out of bounds.  Rant

The problem is we signed players during that time. Pacman, Gilberry, Newman, and Nelson were signed during that time period.  Also Brandon Johnson,  Thomas Howard,  and Manny Lawson. So that's seven new starters.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Picks that high are much harder to screw up. Last time we picked top 5 we got AJ. When we had the #1OA we got Palmer.

We need difference makers. Not injured OL or CB.

Kijana Carter...1 overall
Dan Wilkerson 1 overall

Yep we messed those up.  The draft is a crap shoot.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 10:52 PM)cinci4life Wrote: He was up about as fast as he was down. He might not have been intentionally attempting to advance the ball but he sure has hell was not down and that was a live ball.

It was the correct call but every Bengals fan has the nagging feeling that if that happened with us, it would have been called differently.   Or if he had looked back, seen nobody pursuing him and decided to run it for a touchdown that they would have called it a live ball and the Bengals would have been a laughingstock for letting him go.

I couldn't tell if or when any whistles were blown.  The interesting thing is that if he gave himself up they should have stopped the clock when he got up at 15 seconds at the latest.   Instead they let it run to 12 seconds by which time the player was in the endzone.
Reply/Quote
1 week closer to next years overall #1 pick. What's to gripe about?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:30 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Kijana Carter...1 overall
Dan Wilkerson 1 overall

Yep we messed those up.  The draft is a crap shoot.

That was before Tobin.

Reply/Quote
Can a fan Sue the Bengals for emotional distress? Or false advertising?
Reply/Quote
My gripe is about: ACCOUNTABILITY. That's all we heard through OTAs, training camp and pre-season.

I think there was accountability in the Seattle game. Since then it appears ZT's biggest mantra is swirling down the shitter...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I know it didn't have that much to do with the outcome but the call where Zac Taylor had to use the second challenge flag, the ref was in position 4 yards from the play, looked right at the ball and called it a catch. It was overturned but how did the ref not see that it was clearly not a catch in the position he was in.

Also the play where Allen fumbled the ball, why did they blow the whistle, before the play was ever over. Allen was still two yards inbounds when the whistle was blown.

Seems like the refs were helping out the Bills a lot today

Playing like the Bengals did today, sure makes me want to forgo my NFL Sunday Ticket subscription next year and find something different to do on Sundays.
Reply/Quote