Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Bills loss gripe thread
I hope we got OT in the first again. We were spoiled having bookends at LT and RT for so long.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I figured since we had about 10 similar topics pop up after losing to SF last week we could have a master "post-loss complaint" thread this week.  Take it away...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg
Reply/Quote
Tight end catch burned us. One referee needs eyeglasses badly. Another Oh Shucks loss.
Reply/Quote
I'm just amazed at how bad we are at nearly EVERY position. This is starting to look like we are heading towards very dark times.

I mean, really, where are we considered very talented? Maybe D-Line, WR, and RB? Ouch.

Gonna need more than 2 years IMO at this point to fix this mess.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I figured since we had about 10 similar topics pop up after losing to SF last week we could have a master "post-loss complaint" thread this week.  Take it away...

My penance for watching today's game was eating a bunch of White Castles with extra onions.

If they had won, it would have been Penn Station or Jersey Mikes. So there is my gripe. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:34 PM)thillan Wrote: I mean, really, where are we considered very talented? 

This message board before the season starts.
Reply/Quote
2017: 9. Bengals - John Ross
10. Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:51 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: 2017: 9. Bengals - John Ross

Yep! But Gamma, if Patrick Mahomes was on OUR team, he wouldn't be any good, right?!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This message board before the season starts.

Blah. I felt Green, Boyd and maybe Mixon had real talent. Anyone else I could see not improving or on a downward trajectory, including Geno and Dunlap. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:58 PM)Brimey Wrote: Refs...so tired of then having such a huge impact on games.

Bills aren't that good. A good team would have stomped our throat after that awful first half.

Play calling after the Yeldon fumble was atrocious. Screen, negative run, screen.

Just have to be a better team to overcome bad calls. It’s that simple. I thought the blatant no call holds on crucial drives were pathetic, the whistle on the fumble was a joke, but at some point we have got to play better so these calls don’t decide the game.
Reply/Quote
Dalton still garbage.
Kirkpatrick still garbage.
Brown n vigil still trash.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:51 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: 2017: 9. Bengals - John Ross

Lol
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:55 PM)Destro Wrote: Blah. I felt Green, Boyd and maybe Mixon had real talent. Anyone else I could see not improving or on a downward trajectory, including Geno and Dunlap. 

William Jackson, Jessie Bates, Sam.Hubbard , and Carl Lawson don't get you excited?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:51 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: 2017: 9. Bengals - John Ross

Yeah, my friend brought this very point up to me today as well.  As I explained to him, no way the Bengals were looking to replace AD in '17,  They shouldve been thinking about it but they werent. The pick of Ross was a head scratcher even then before we knew he was mr Dropsies
Reply/Quote
Nothing to complain about. We are 2-1 in moral victories this yr. when they start counting, we may never lose another game
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:20 PM)jason Wrote: At one point today the commentators said they are great... So whatever.

Y'all see that blatant hold on Andrew Brown that play they almost sacked Allen 3, times? We suck but the officiating is atrocious....

I’m all fairness, the announcers were cheering on the bills. Of course they are going to say they did well
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:02 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: William Jackson, Jessie Bates, Sam.Hubbard , and Carl Lawson don't get you excited?

As I said, I could see any continuing the same or going down. Has anyone of them balled out? Nope. Few flashes, sure, but nothing huge and I'm not surprised. I can hope but not be surprised at a poor outcome. Like a scratch off ticket.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:22 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm encouraged. No gripes. The team made half time adjustments and had the lead. 4 key plays killed them. This coaching staff is impressive and will get much better. I'm in it for the long haul.... that means a new long term QB at some point.

I have to think that with AJ Green playing the Bengals season is much different right now. It is what it is and I am encouraged more than discouraged.

Missing AJ is definitely the biggest problem right now. As bad as our OL has been we’ve been in the position to win 2 of these 3 games. Dalton needs AJ. Simple as that.

Reply/Quote
Heres a question for all you guys that have wonderful memories. when's the last time we had a first rounder that played a whole season without major injury or missing alot of time?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:27 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: If this draft was indication of next years draft, we are in a lot of trouble

It’s early but I’m hoping that Williams works out. We took a run blocking TE in the 2nd round and we can’t run the ball. Considering Tobin can’t draft linebackers to save his life I don’t have much hope for Pratt, if he can’t start on this linebacker core by the end of the year I’d be concerned. Wren is a big and that’s cool but he’s a project who fans hyped up. I think Micheal Jordon could turn into a good guard.
Reply/Quote