Poll: Who did you get on the I Side With quiz?
This poll is closed.
Darrell Castle ©
0%
0 0%
Hillary Clinton (D)
7.69%
2 7.69%
Gary Johnson (L)
42.31%
11 42.31%
Jill Stein (G)
30.77%
8 30.77%
Donald Trump ®
19.23%
5 19.23%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Post Your ISideWith results
http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/2522180916

Not really a surprise, but interesting.

Jill 90%
Hill 88%
Gar 81%
Don 46%

I'm amazed that the Don and I agreed even 46% of the time Shocked
Johnson-90%
Trump-87%
Castle-82%
Clinton-44%
Stein-37%
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Weird that Clinton has no votes after 14 and she's gonna be the next president.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-11-2016, 10:09 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Weird that Clinton has no votes after 14 and she's gonna be the next president.

A couple of reasons for this. The first is that we are not a good representation of the general public. While we all may give each other a lot of shit, we are often more well versed in the current political goings on than the average voter. People in that boat tend to, but not always, lean towards third-party/independent candidates. Another is that because of the continued perception that these alternative choices have no chance, people will refuse to vote for the major party candidate they most align with. I'm not saying everyone here will, but most people, even if they took that quiz, would vote Clinton or Trump even if both Johnson and Stein were ranked higher for them.

You may already know this and I am just wasting my time, but I figured it would be good to lay it out there. Also, while the site is good, it isn't 100% accurate. Hell, the percentages it gave me on my results page and what was on the image I posted here were different numbers.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-10-2016, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: TRUMP- 86
JOHNSON- 81
CASTLE- 61
CLINTON- 64
STIEN- 34

Amateur interpretation of my numbers:

I lean Right, but would go back toward the middle before I went hard right. Yet I would go hard Right before I would go moderate Left and my last choice is hard left.

That's pretty much me.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-11-2016, 10:09 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Weird that Clinton has no votes after 14 and she's gonna be the next president.

(08-11-2016, 10:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: A couple of reasons for this. The first is that we are not a good representation of the general public. While we all may give each other a lot of shit, we are often more well versed in the current political goings on than the average voter. People in that boat tend to, but not always, lean towards third-party/independent candidates. Another is that because of the continued perception that these alternative choices have no chance, people will refuse to vote for the major party candidate they most align with. I'm not saying everyone here will, but most people, even if they took that quiz, would vote Clinton or Trump even if both Johnson and Stein were ranked higher for them.

This poll tends to give a lot of traditionally Democratic voters Green results. It's fair to say most Stein people in this poll would think about or were going to vote Hillary. Also Johnson voters tend to take equally from Trump and Clinton, so they'd possibly swing either way given the circumstances (voting in a swing state and actually making a difference). 

Quote:You may already know this and I am just wasting my time, but I figured it would be good to lay it out there. Also, while the site is good, it isn't 100% accurate. Hell, the percentages it gave me on my results page and what was on the image I posted here were different numbers.

Yea, when I got the link to share, it took my Gary support from 88% to 85%
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-11-2016, 10:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Amateur interpretation of my numbers:

I lean Right, but would go back toward the middle before I went hard right. Yet I would go hard Right before I would go moderate Left and my last choice is hard left.

That's pretty much me.  

I agree that it was a bit amateurish as a lot of answers require more nuance.  I don't think anyone was surprised by our leanings though.
Trump 92% (which, believe or not, surprised even me. I figured he'd be my highest but it'd be more like 70-80%)
Castle 89% (I honestly have no idea who this guy is, but considering how close his number is to Trump, I'm going to research the hell out of this guy)
Johnson 68%
Clinton 15% (no surprise there)
Stein 11%
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-11-2016, 10:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Amateur interpretation of my numbers:

That's pretty much me.  

Did you check out the political ideology thing lower down in the results? They gave you the whole quadrant image and placed you based on your answers. Again, all of this has to be taken with a grain of salt, but it can be rather interesting. For instance, even with Stein being my top, I was barely outside of the centrist area.

(08-11-2016, 11:26 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Trump 92% (which, believe or not, surprised even me. I figured he'd be my highest but it'd be more like 70-80%)
Castle 89% (I honestly have no idea who this guy is, but considering how close his number is to Trump, I'm going to research the hell out of this guy)
Johnson 68%
Stein 11%

Castle is from the Constitution Party. You ought to check them out, and I'm not saying that to be a jackass or anything, I just think you might be interested in what they have to say.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-11-2016, 11:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did you check out the political ideology thing lower down in the results? They gave you the whole quadrant image and placed you based on your answers. Again, all of this has to be taken with a grain of salt, but it can be rather interesting. For instance, even with Stein being my top, I was barely outside of the centrist area.

Castle is from the Constitution Party. You ought to check them out, and I'm not saying that to be a jackass or anything, I just think you might be interested in what they have to say.

Trust me, I'm going to check them out. As I implied in my other thread, I would LOVE to actually be a supporter of a candidate!
(08-11-2016, 11:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Trust me, I'm going to check them out. As I implied in my other thread, I would LOVE to actually be a supporter of a candidate!

In truth, even though you scored higher for Trump, I'd bet you'd agree with Castle more if you read up on him. Trump is hard to pin down because he has changed his positions so much over the years. Given what I know about you from our conversations on here I think you would definitely feel better voting for someone like Castle.

Edit: Though at this point I don't believe he has ballot access in CT. Which brings up another interesting point in all of this. Some of us will only be seeing Trump and Clinton on the ballot.

(08-11-2016, 11:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: In truth, even though you scored higher for Trump, I'd bet you'd agree with Castle more if you read up on him. Trump is hard to pin down because he has changed his positions so much over the years. Given what I know about you from our conversations on here I think you would definitely feel better voting for someone like Castle.

Edit: Though at this point I don't believe he has ballot access in CT. Which brings up another interesting point in all of this. Some of us will only be seeing Trump and Clinton on the ballot.
Johnson is on the ballot, in all 50 states.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-11-2016, 11:26 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Trump 92% (which, believe or not, surprised even me. I figured he'd be my highest but it'd be more like 70-80%)
Johnson 68%
Stein 11%

With what little we can grasp about each other's leanings on here, I think Castle may truly be more your style than Trump. As Matt said, Trump has moved around a lot in preparation for this election and even during it, so it's hard to take his stated positions as being accurate. 

The Constitution party tends to be a lot more principled in a strict adherence to a conservative interpretation of the Constitution and one that allows Judeo-Christian beliefs to be valued within the government. 

(08-11-2016, 11:42 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Johnson is on the ballot, in all 50 states.

He will most likely be, but it's not a done deal yet.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/libertarians-ballot-access-uncertain-battleground-ohio/

Parties often have to use placeholder candidates until their nominee is selected. At that point, you can change the candidate. However, in Ohio, they do not recognize his party, so they have to go the Independent route. This means it may not be a clear transition over from their placeholder name to his name. They're currently waiting on Ohio to determine if they will have access. 

If he is, he will be listed as an Independent. He'll also be labeled as that in some other states.

(08-11-2016, 11:42 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Johnson is on the ballot, in all 50 states.

I hadn't seen anything official about him being on Virginia's yet.

Edit: Here are the maps from each of the three third-parties. They will be updated as changes are made.

https://www.lp.org/2016-presidential-ballot-access-map

http://www.gp.org/ballotaccess

http://www.constitutionparty.com/get-involved/election-central/ballot-access/

(08-11-2016, 11:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: In truth, even though you scored higher for Trump, I'd bet you'd agree with Castle more if you read up on him. Trump is hard to pin down because he has changed his positions so much over the years. Given what I know about you from our conversations on here I think you would definitely feel better voting for someone like Castle.

I've already started looking into Castle and, so far, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
(08-11-2016, 10:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  

That's pretty much me.  

Hell, that's pretty much Trump. The only difference is he does it in the course of a couple weeks, then starts the "where do I stand" guessing game over again.

LOL
(08-11-2016, 11:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I hadn't seen anything official about him being on Virginia's yet.

Edit: Here are the maps from each of the three third-parties. They will be updated as changes are made.

Great. I start looking at the Constitution Party and Castle and, what do you know? They're not available on the ballot in CT.

I swear, CT sucks and, seriously, it's because this frickin' state is run by liberal Democrats.

Calm down, I know I said "seriously" but it's more of an emotional rant than anything else. Sheesh.
(08-11-2016, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Great. I start looking at the Constitution Party and Castle and, what do you know? They're not available on the ballot in CT.

I swear, CT sucks and, seriously, it's because this frickin' state is run by liberal Democrats.

Calm down, I know I said "seriously" but it's more of an emotional rant than anything else. Sheesh.

Well, you live in a parking lot for NY.

In all seriousness, ballot access is something that I have a lot of issues with. I understand wanting to make it so that there every one possible can be on the ballot, but there has to be a way for parties like Libertarian, Green, and potentially Constitution (they are still a bit up and coming) to more easily get on there.

(08-11-2016, 11:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He will most likely be, but it's not a done deal yet.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/libertarians-ballot-access-uncertain-battleground-ohio/

Parties often have to use placeholder candidates until their nominee is selected. At that point, you can change the candidate. However, in Ohio, they do not recognize his party, so they have to go the Independent route. This means it may not be a clear transition over from their placeholder name to his name. They're currently waiting on Ohio to determine if they will have access. 

If he is, he will be listed as an Independent. He'll also be labeled as that in some other states.

(08-11-2016, 11:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I hadn't seen anything official about him being on Virginia's yet.

My apologies.
I guess I mistakenly interpreted his statement of "We WILL be on the ballot in all 50 states." to mean it was already done, when he must have been referring to an optimistic future.