Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 2 }
Robbins is still last in the NFL at 40.7 AVG yards a punt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:41 PM)Tony Wrote: They kept Marvin around 15 years and he didn't even win a playoff game..

Mike Brown isn't going to be around for much longer. They like Taylor and believe he can succeed, but best believe they just gave a fleet of Brinks trucks to Joe Burrow. They won't let the AFC North crown keep going to other teams while Burrow cashes checks and the team keeps losing. They want to win and see no reason that Burrow is not the answer. Losses will not be laid at his feet. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Robbins is still last in the NFL at 40.7 AVG yards a punt.

That’s perfect. He will be kicking from the fifty all year long!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:56 PM)Destro Wrote: Mike Brown isn't going to be around for much longer. They like Taylor and believe he can succeed, but best believe they just gave a fleet of Brinks trucks to Joe Burrow. They won't let the AFC North crown keep going to other teams while Burrow cashes checks and the team keeps losing. They want to win and see no reason that Burrow is not the answer. Losses will not be laid at his feet. 

I think Katie and Troy were the biggest reasons Zac was here.

Like I said, the board acts like we're going 0-17. If Burrow is healthy, we'll win 8-9 games minimum.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Katie and Troy were the biggest reasons Zac was here.

Like I said, the board acts like we're going 0-17. If Burrow is healthy, we'll win 8-9 games minimum.

Then they miss the playoffs and someone needs an ass kicking. There will be down years because of cap casualties, but this shouldn’t be one of them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can’t just “take it away” though can you take it away in different ways but it’s still there in other ways. What’s concerning is we aren’t evolving to get it back. You don’t think teams want to take the Dolphins vertical game away? Of course they do, and yet Mike McDaniels finds a way to keep it going.

We have all the threats in the world we need. We aren’t utilizing play calling to put the defenses in conflict instead we are letting the defenses dictate what we do and it’s awful.

What the 2 yard out passes aren’t going to do it? And are 1 run play, mixon up the middle is not opening up at least 5 yards of passing. Time to find a new committee to call plays
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Katie and Troy were the biggest reasons Zac was here.

I feel as though they are more a modern front office ( compared to the geriatric f*cks that seem to run the league ). Coaches get fired all the time by the people that hire them and almost all when still under contract. If the Bengals have a bad season, I don't see them firing Taylor, but I would not be surprised if there is a discussions on some changes that need to be made. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:52 PM)Destro Wrote: I feel as though they are more a modern front office ( compared to the geriatric f*cks that seem to run the league ). Coaches get fired all the time by the people that hire them and almost all when still under contract. If the Bengals have a bad season, I don't see them firing Taylor, but I would not be surprised if there is a discussions on some changes that need to be made. 

Oh they change position coaches all the time.

Make no mistake, this is largely the same brain trust that didn't win a playoff game for 2 and a half decades. When they hired Zac, the goal was for him to modernize the offense with Dalton. He was just so bad that it led to the #1 pick when a franchise qb was there. Then, Burrow gets hurt and they land Chase.

It's a rare confluence of doing something so badly that you luck into something great.

Burrow is the big change with the franchise. Ie They didn't just all become amazing at their jobs.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:17 PM)Tony Wrote: Sad part is, he's never going to get fired. Get ready for another run of at least 5 shit years. You think this year's bad? Wait till Tee and Reader are gone..

Reader not being out there wouldn’t have changed todays game at all. Him and his buddies up front did nothing. They have been dominated and run all over for the first two games so if this continues then good riddance DJ.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Let Burrow sit and see how many wins Zachary gets this year.

This is a fair point.

Lots of people are jumping on Burrow for the poor start.
It's pretty surprising to be honest.

If Burrow didn't play the past two games, it's hard to see us winning either game.
An injured Burrow gave us the best chance of winning, so that's what Zac went with.

Another Question:

What would Zac's record in the playoffs be without Burrow?
Would Zac still be the coach of this team if it weren't for Burrow?

It would be nice to see how good of a coach Zac is without an elite QB.
Well, actually it wouldn't.
I'm not in the fire Zac club, to be honest. 
I disagree with some of his decisions, gameplans, etc. 
But overall we've done well with Zac and a healthy Burrow.

We lost a close game today. People are over-reacting to a slow start in my opinion.
The most important thing is that Burrow gets healthy. 
If he doesn't, this will be a lowsy year to watch the Bengals.
Football isn't everything though.
Reply/Quote
Funny I saw this same thread when we started 0-2 last year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:12 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Reader not being out there wouldn’t have changed todays game at all. Him and his buddies up front did nothing. They have been dominated and run all over for the first two games so if this continues then good riddance DJ.

I’m as big a Reader fan as there is, but dude did absolutely nothing today against a backup center. Burrow was the main reason we lost, but there’s plenty of blame to go around. Especially on that DL.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m as big a Reader fan as there is, but dude did absolutely nothing today against a backup center. Burrow was the main reason we lost, but there’s plenty of blame to go around. Especially on that DL.

Bengals 2 best D linemen (Hendrickson/Reader) owned all day and they were both going against back ups. Embarrassing performance from the D line today.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh they change position coaches all the time.

Make no mistake, this is largely the same brain trust that didn't win a playoff game for 2 and a half decades. When they hired Zac, the goal was for him to modernize the offense with Dalton. He was just so bad that it led to the #1 pick when a franchise qb was there. Then, Burrow gets hurt and they land Chase.

It's a rare confluence of doing something so badly that you luck into something great.

Burrow is the big change with the franchise. Ie They didn't just all become amazing at their jobs.

Oh, I agree. #1 pick and then he wants his superstar boy and you are bad enough to get him. Higgins was a good selection, I'll say. The defense found some decent players in free agency, but this O-line stays below par. I think another playcaller would do better and Burrow can elsewhere. Yes, Burrow has been poor the first two games, but so has the team. The job to fix it is on the coaches. 

When your elite level players are not playing elite, what do you do? Adjust or something. I have not seen the team succeed when Burrow is not 100% or not here. Plenty of teams winning without the riches the Bengals have. Taylor, Callahan, Burrow, don't matter. The playcalling is suspect. If Burrow is calling his own plays and they are trash, don't let him. If it is the coaches, change something. 

I don't care if we started 0-2 and made it to the AFC Championship last year. That is supposed to be an outliner and it will be. It was a historic run we went on, but we haven't won since. the AFC is not weakened and our division is improving. 

Has anyone seen an improvement in this team versus the team that won in Buffalo?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:32 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: There’s absolutely no way he’s here in 2 years let alone 5. When fans are booing in game 2 after signing a stud QB to the biggest deal in history, heads are gonna roll sooner than later. 

Marvin was 0-7 in the playoffs and resigned.  ZT could be here 20 years from the past 2 seasons alone. He's here unless burrow demands he gets canned. 
Reply/Quote
If we go back to....page 95 of Jungle Noise threads, we'll see mostly the same threads being created today as we saw after we started 0-2 last year lol.

I'm not saying they're right or wrong, but at least some of us are consistent. :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
My thoughts

Joe isn't right and it is way more concerning then being 0 and 2.

We need a 3T desperately. We get zero push up the middle.

We're missing Hurst, Perine, and Bates. The FO clearly dropped the ball with their replacements.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Who did we even draft In the first round this year….because he hasn’t done sh$t
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Robbins is still last in the NFL at 40.7 AVG yards a punt.

His punts looked liked winded ducks today
Reply/Quote
For those that defend Taylor and this joke of a coaching staff…please tell me one phase of the game they’ve set out to improve and actually succeeded.
Reply/Quote